Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

So this ruffled the feathers of few ISF owners...

Old 04-09-2014, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just found out that the BMW has a launch control system if it is equipped with auto tranny. And I know for sure ISF doesn't have one. Hmmmmm....
Old 04-09-2014, 03:12 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I believe that NA loses about 3% hp per 1000 feet. That would put the ISF at about 350hp which is spitting distance from the BMWs 320hp. Factor in a weight advantage of about 300 lbs for the BMW and a low end torque advantage and its easy to see why the ISF lost.

Also, it is said that BMW underrates the heck out of its cars. Think about it, boosted 3 liter making only 320hp? Come on...
Old 04-09-2014, 04:18 PM

Received 613 Likes on 428 Posts

it's nothing for them to get all butt hurt about... it's faster than the E9x M3 around Streets of Willow Springs.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPy0T3Fojt0[/media]

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=968806

The car is a performance bargain. That said - FI... i doubt it'll hold up to 5x25min lapping sessions for weekend warriors - not without dumping a bunch into supporting mods anyway.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:15 AM

I didn't read the entire thread but I'm surprised they're whining...every N54 or N55 equipped BMW is only a tune away from beating on the IS-F. Also, I doubt launch control is needed much on automatic anyways...my FBO E92 coupe is considerably quicker than my 600hp Z32 until about 3rd gear when the Z can actually start hooking up. The BMW is a monster out of the hole with street tires (Michelin PSS).
Old 04-10-2014, 06:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Everyone gets defensive when someone posts a video of competitor car beating their car. Happens on here alot too.
Then the paper racing starts. Yes its turbo vs NA at altitutde. That thread's not that bad compared to some other ones that have been posted in the past few years.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:46 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

On a separate note why did BMW make it the 2 series...? Maybe it's just me but the M's all look the same, with minor differences in size. I'm not a fan of them making the M3 the M4, and now they're going to have an M2 or 2M whatever it's called..?

The cars are very different and these sort of threads are silly, as all the bench racers like to come out and argue how their car is faster. Not to mention the video review I watched for a minute seemed pretty damn amateurish.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Bullwings
it's nothing for them to get all butt hurt about... it's faster than the E9x M3 around Streets of Willow Springs.

The car is a performance bargain. That said - FI... i doubt it'll hold up to 5x25min lapping sessions for weekend warriors - not without dumping a bunch into supporting mods anyway.
Although the E9x M3 was from a different driver. But the 13' Mulletstang GT track pack was Randy though. I'd suspect it'd be awefully close with Randy at the Wheel of a fresh tire'd E9x M3 if not faster.

I too wonder about the heat management of the newer cars and if it's gotten better. I'd suspect marginally on this M235i b/c of price point.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by SlowTeg
On a separate note why did BMW make it the 2 series...? Maybe it's just me but the M's all look the same, with minor differences in size. I'm not a fan of them making the M3 the M4, and now they're going to have an M2 or 2M whatever it's called..?
I think they promoted more managers. Someone has to leave their mark.. .

I hypothesis that the 1 series is going to go even smaller and maybe shy away from the higher hp motors. Truely make an affordable lineup.

The 4 series is a big question mark in my mind. I thought they were going somewhere with all 3 series being 4dr and 4 being 2dr and 5= 4dr and 6 = 2dr but then they blew that sky high with a 4dr M6 gran coupe

Maybe someone with a lot of power in the organization has a vision of making 1-8 series happen before they die.

Another thought I have stems around BMW eventually wanting to develop a different powertrain and chasis on the 4 series. Maybe a Hybrid M series while the M3 stays the bread and butter go-too M.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:02 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I used to love BMW but lately their cars are getting very un-focused in their target audience. But then again what do I know since last I heard BMW is making big money!

The only car that is exciting right now is their upcoming August release of the i8, had a chance to drive the i3 and if that is any indication, the i8 will be an amazing machine, too bad it's so expensive.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:07 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullwings

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPy0T3Fojt0[/media]

I wouldn't pay too much attention to that list as the Boss Mustang is slower than the regular Mustang GT. That being said the M235 is a little monster. IIRC one of the reviewers said that he feels like the car's making the advertised crank hp at the rear wheels. And if the weight is closer to 3,200lbs then the thing will be a beast with bolt-ons/tune/e85. While much better looking than the 1-series I wish it looked more like the 4 series; wider and lower, though weight would obviously increase as well.

Quick Reply: So this ruffled the feathers of few ISF owners...