Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Slippers 08 Accord review

Old 09-16-2007, 06:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mzk784,Sep 15 2007, 05:17 PM
I saw couple of them today at a Honda dealer, the front design is not bad, but the sedan rear design looks scary, very disappointing, it seems Honda doesn't want to make an Accord that looks pretty both ends. the thing is the company can make beautifull stream-lined designs, most Acura line up are decent looking, the RL and TL designs are so nice, but why do they have to do this to the Accord ? heck, the last 2 generations are one of those cars that you have to force yourself to think they are ok. after a while it will work out, but why not make an Accord that looks nice the first time we see it ?
I hear what you are saying. But keep in mind this model will probably have atleast a 4 year if not a 5 year run. Usually the front grille, and tail lights are thinks that got tweaked or slightly changed over the years to attract new buyers. Basically these changes are marketed as improvements.

As far as the interior and the dash goes, I personally like it. It wasn't that long ago that people were complaining that the dashboards in Hondas were too simple and not adventerous enough -- and that the dash in an Acura NSX was no different than a Honda Civic, for example. I never agreed with that, but I think Honda is where they need to be. The controls on the new accord are eyecatching, yet simple enough that anyone anywhere in the world could figure it out. The layout has a centered, kind of fanning out look which is pretty intuituve to me.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree, i like the new look. Its just a little different to me and will take a little getting used to.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=climacus,Sep 15 2007, 07:16 PM]

Title | XM | FM/AM | Sound | CD | AUX

WTF?
Old 09-16-2007, 01:09 PM

Alot of people have really taken to XM radio. I think its okay, but I am actually the opposite and can live without the extra service bill. I like listening to FM and AM, and hearing commercials/news and the voice of a live emcee/dj who is local to my area. Something soothing about that. Also, I still use my cassette player to listen to mix tapes or old cassettes I still love. So I think it is a plus to give the consumer the option.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:59 PM

Funny..everyone talking crap about it will soon grow to like it. That's what honda's design does to people=)