Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

SLAMMED C6

Old 11-18-2009, 11:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude, sorry to hear that. I feel your pain...this was my Fit 1 year ago this month...

Old 11-18-2009, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get outta the ghetto ffs people.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:32 AM

Ahhhhh.....somerset apartments I see.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by NuncoStr8,Nov 18 2009, 03:05 PM
sorry, but I'd think you could afford to go out and BUY a set of jackstands. And rotors aren't destroyed by pressure. They wouldn't be very good at what they do if the were, now would they? Sitting on a rotor does not destroy it it.
First, it's only a POS Cayenne Turbo. It's not a Ferrari. I don't care that much about it, even if the purchase was made only a few weeks ago. It can sit on those blocks until insurance takes care of it for all I care. Am I upset about it? Yes, the car is a lot of fun. Do I care enough to be more proactive about the ordeal? No. I have other things to worry about. And I'm a huge car enthusiast. I would probably be more upset if I didn't have other cars to drive. Despite this, it does sadden me to see the car sitting on blocks. What did it ever do to anyone?

Further, it's only wheels and it's only a pedestrian car. I'm happy that no one was hurt, that's all. The rims that were on it when the car was purchased are 24" ghetto fabulous chrome ones. Probably just a couple of low lives looking to make a quick buck. Frankly, I'd say they did me a favor by ridding me of those rims. However, it was pretty fun blasting the sound system rolling at 5 mph on 24s

Second, the rotors are not good because they're just not good. They have seen some heavy use and were in need of replacement to begin with.

On another note, it has nothing to do with living in the ghetto. Living in a nice area can be attractive to thieves because that's where all the good stuff is. That said, I am likely going to be moving

In sum, yeah, it sucks. We're all car enthusiasts and it's terrible to see a car on blocks. Moreover, we're all decent people and it's terrible to see someone have such disregard for others' property. On the other hand, that's life. People are dirtbags and these things happen. It's only a car and I'm glad no one was hurt. That's all I can ask for
Old 11-18-2009, 11:47 AM

They should make theft illegal.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Wdwrd_cruzr,Nov 18 2009, 12:32 PM
Ahhhhh.....somerset apartments I see.

You must be familiar with the area. It's my gf's place, and according to the maintenance guy, there's been theft like these for the past few months.
He said they(not sure if they're the same crooks) cut through the fences to the Troy Automall dealership and stole like 6 cars worth of wheels off of it. Crazy.

Dan
Old 11-18-2009, 12:57 PM

Just came back from getting an estimate, total came up to $4200 and some change.
I'll have the vehicle towed to a bodyshop tomorrow morning and have them take a further look at the underbody.

Dan
Old 11-18-2009, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by nearwater4me,Nov 18 2009, 08:46 AM
Stealing the wheels because I was double parked? Come on now...
Hm... on second glance, I imagine if you had parked extremely close to the structure on the passenger side, the thieves wouldn't have had room to access those two wheels, and may have bypassed the whole deal altogether.

Just thinking for next time...
Old 11-18-2009, 04:32 PM

wow that is super shitty! sorry to hear what happen
Old 11-19-2009, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by i_heart_my_DB8,Nov 18 2009, 03:06 PM
Hm... on second glance, I imagine if you had parked extremely close to the structure on the passenger side, the thieves wouldn't have had room to access those two wheels, and may have bypassed the whole deal altogether.

Just thinking for next time...
Good point.
I'll try to do that next time if I'm ever parking there again.

Dan

Quick Reply: SLAMMED C6