Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Should I get an ILX or an ATS

Old 04-12-2016, 06:45 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Ilx yikes!
Old 04-12-2016, 08:48 PM

Received 118 Likes on 68 Posts

BUT DAT RALIYABILIDY DOH.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Domestic cars are becoming more and more reliable. Though I'd stay away from the turbocharged four in the ATS, with the (better) six cylinder option. If going four-banger, the ILX, Accord, or Mazda 3. Too bad they didn't just continue the TSX instead of the ILX/TLX nonsense, it was a much better looking car.
Old 04-13-2016, 04:00 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by EricJT7
Too bad they didn't just continue the TSX instead of the ILX/TLX nonsense, it was a much better looking car.

My wife has a 2005 TSX that we love! It is getting old, the rust is settling in, and the miles are climbing, so we've started looking for a replacement. Would another TSX in a heartbeat if we could.
Old 04-13-2016, 04:56 AM

Received 281 Likes on 176 Posts

I mean between the two options you've listed, I vote ATS all the way.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:40 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by EricJT7
New Mazda 3 GT sedan with the (bigger) 2.5 liter 4 cylinder. Good interior, fuel efficient, okay looks.
For some reason this came to my mind as well. A fully loaded Mazda 3 or 6. I dunno why, except that they are super nice inside, good looking, and fun to drive (but slow). I don't see the point of having an ATS and a Corvette, seems like overlap. I can't get onboard with the ILX, sorry. A nice Mazda is like a nice Subaru or a Nice Volvo, respectable but not showy.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:42 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I personally like the redesign of the ILX, they added the jewel headlights and some other cosmetic stuff.
Old 04-13-2016, 06:34 PM

Well, I drove an ILX today and it was pretty disappointing. I could live with it as a daily driver, but It felt completely torqueless. I also drove a TLX 6 cylinder. The V6 is way punchier (obviously), but that is a very numb car. My ex girlfriend had a mid 2000s TL, and that car was great.

Despite the fact that the ILX felt slower than I was expecting (the shifts were very fast, but it felt like it took ten minutes before the car would downshift, which doesn't bode well for passing), I liked the way it drove. It felt equally as sporty as my EP3 Si. The stereo kind of sucked, but it handled reasonably well. I felt like its Civic DNA was actually kind of a plus. It still felt light and connected to the road.

I'm going to drive the Cadillac again soon. I can live with the ILX, but if the Cadillac drives like I remember, it'll be tough to pull me away from it.
Old 04-13-2016, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by MBHs2k
I personally like the redesign of the ILX, they added the jewel headlights and some other cosmetic stuff.

In person, it looked pretty decent. Pics make it look bland, but I thought it had road presence comparable to any other Acura (for what that's worth).
Old 04-13-2016, 07:31 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.E.G.
Well, I drove an ILX today and it was pretty disappointing. I could live with it as a daily driver, but It felt completely torqueless. I also drove a TLX 6 cylinder. The V6 is way punchier (obviously), but that is a very numb car. My ex girlfriend had a mid 2000s TL, and that car was great.

Despite the fact that the ILX felt slower than I was expecting (the shifts were very fast, but it felt like it took ten minutes before the car would downshift, which doesn't bode well for passing), I liked the way it drove. It felt equally as sporty as my EP3 Si. The stereo kind of sucked, but it handled reasonably well. I felt like its Civic DNA was actually kind of a plus. It still felt light and connected to the road.

I'm going to drive the Cadillac again soon. I can live with the ILX, but if the Cadillac drives like I remember, it'll be tough to pull me away from it.
Trust you mean 'couldn't'...

Quick Reply: Should I get an ILX or an ATS