Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

SHO

Old 11-18-2009, 06:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While it's possible to sticker a new SHO up to $43k does anyone really think the transaction price will be that high? I suspect the car will be trading under $40k even when well equipped.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

saw one of these on the road yesterday, and thought it was HUGE--ya the thing may be fast, but I'd never own a car that big (or Ford for that matter)
Old 11-19-2009, 10:50 AM

I can sympathize with the size concern. The "or Ford" part seems just as bad as saying someone would never own an S2000 because it's "just a Honda".
Old 11-19-2009, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by rockville,Nov 19 2009, 03:50 PM
I can sympathize with the size concern. The "or Ford" part seems just as bad as saying someone would never own an S2000 because it's "just a Honda".
unfortunately Fords and most american cars can't compete w/ other brands (particularly Honda!) when it comes to reliability, fit, finish, etc., etc. IMO, and I don't think I'm the only one that feels that way
I'd love to only buy American, but never will again unless something major changes w/ those manufacturers
Old 11-19-2009, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by s2kpdx01,Nov 18 2009, 02:09 AM
^ yeah, they are are really comparable... ford is going after the same buyers with the SHO and mustang....
I've been cross shopping a Mini Cooper and a Ford 350 Diesel.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Black Knight,Nov 19 2009, 04:43 PM
unfortunately Fords and most american cars can't compete w/ other brands (particularly Honda!) when it comes to reliability, fit, finish, etc., etc. IMO, and I don't think I'm the only one that feels that way
I'd love to only buy American, but never will again unless something major changes w/ those manufacturers
Unfortunately Honda and most Japanese cars can't compete with American brands (especially Ford) when it comes to room, power, reliability, and car for your dollar. And I'm not the only one that feels that way

I'd love to buy Japanese, but never will again unless something major changes w/ those manufacturers.

See what I did there?

What does Honda make for an enthusiast these days? Get back to me when you have an answer that isn't FWD.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:56 PM

Honda has made 2 non-fwd enthusiast vehicles in my lifetime. "These days" are the same as "those days". Are you saying that a SHO is an enthusiast car? And are you seriously saying Ford is more reliable than Honda? Seriously? And yes you may get more car for your dollar. But you get less dollar for your car when you sell it, and your car lasts less time. Overall the Honda is a better value. And thats what Honda has always been about.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:44 PM

[QUOTE=NuncoStr8,Nov 19 2009, 09:05 PM] Unfortunately Honda and most Japanese cars can't compete with American brands (especially Ford) when it comes to room, power, reliability, and car for your dollar.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Black Knight,Nov 19 2009, 04:43 PM
But Ford does compete with Honda and Toyota with regards to quality and reliability. I understand the wish that something major would change. I think the facts are in Ford's case it already has. GM is mixed with some great and some so-so products. Chrysler is sadly hopeless after years of mismanagement.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by ltswb,Nov 19 2009, 05:56 PM
Honda has made 2 non-fwd enthusiast vehicles in my lifetime. "These days" are the same as "those days". Are you saying that a SHO is an enthusiast car? And are you seriously saying Ford is more reliable than Honda? Seriously? And yes you may get more car for your dollar. But you get less dollar for your car when you sell it, and your car lasts less time. Overall the Honda is a better value. And thats what Honda has always been about.
I understand how your statements have historical truth to them but my personal experience was that my Ford was reliable and ended up having a resale similar to the Accord I was considering as an alternative. The difference was the Honda couldn't handle like the Ford.

Quick Reply: SHO