Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Sell my ap1?

Old 09-12-2015, 04:57 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by juntsky
after owning a ford and using it as a DD, I will never again own another modern ford. I've never had a car that pissed me off on a daily basis until I owned a ford.
Curious what Ford you owned ? Ford is (and have been for numerous years) at it's very best IMO, they have many superb vehicles currently and forthcoming.
Old 09-12-2015, 05:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the end its a focus.. Enough said. Same reasoning for the srt-4 neon. Still a neon. There's absolutely no way I would go from a driver oriented sports car to a focus. If the extra room was the necessity I could see it being an option but if you were simply looking for a different vehicle I myself couldn't make that switch.
Old 09-12-2015, 05:16 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mongomery1234
In the end its a focus.. Enough said. Same reasoning for the srt-4 neon. Still a neon. There's absolutely no way I would go from a driver oriented sports car to a focus. If the extra room was the necessity I could see it being an option but if you were simply looking for a different vehicle I myself couldn't make that switch.
Like the STI is an Impreza and the Evo is a Lancer and the GTi is a Golf... Sorry, that's old & lame.
Old 09-12-2015, 06:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LUV2REV
Originally Posted by juntsky' timestamp='1442088376' post='23745029
after owning a ford and using it as a DD, I will never again own another modern ford. I've never had a car that pissed me off on a daily basis until I owned a ford.
Curious what Ford you owned ? Ford is (and have been for numerous years) at it's very best IMO, they have many superb vehicles currently and forthcoming.

It's a loaded Fiesta. By no means is it supposed to be a great car but honestly my 10 year old civic was miles better than this shit box even after 100k+ miles. I took the car in for a trade in not to long ago and drove both a V6 and GT mustang as well as a Focus ST. The Mustangs were total shit and the ST was ok, but certainly not a car I'd consider wasting money on. Whether ford is at the top of their game or not, I'm extremely unimpressed. Also not impressed with the dealership service at all which is another reason I won't ever buy a ford.

Edit: Just so I don't sound like a total hater, I test drove the Mustangs with hopes of really liking them as I think the new ones actually look pretty great. A GT350R would be cool as hell to have I think. That said, I left the dealership unimpressed. Same with the ST.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mongomery1234
The Focus RS is highly regarded in Europe. I remember reading an article 12 years ago, in SCC, how even a few members of the Police, were asking them questions about the Focus RS they were test driving.

It's got some history.
Old 09-14-2015, 06:43 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by MaximumAttack
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower' timestamp='1441913269' post='23743269
I'm not bashing the S2000, I'm bashing closed minded fanboys that suggest nobody should buy another car because it's not a S2000 even if the option is a badass one. I'm a former S2000 owner and been on the board 10 years. I've also owned a lot of other different cars. S2000 is a great car but it's a little long in the tooth and there are newer better options out there now if you keep an open mind. If you only have a 15K budget it's still probably one of the best if not the best choice out there but the OP seems to have a budget of up to mid to upper 30's.
"Better" is highly subjective and depends on what you want to do with the car. The RS might end up dethroning the Evo as the next great AWD track/tuner car, but..... it's still a heavy AWD sedan and has all the disadvantages that come with that.

Don't forget that a $35k budget minus $15k for a clean AP2 leaves $20k in mods. $20k into the motor, a turbo system, suspension, etc. will go a LONG way in a (relatively) lightweight, great handling S2000.

Like I said, it really depends on what you want to do with the car and what you value for the money you're spending.
Put 20K in mods into a S2000 and you'll have a 15K S2000 that's worth maybe 20K when you're done with it. Enjoy that.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If it's your only car, definitely get the RS. If it's your fun car......definitely get the RS lol But keep in mind how nice it is not have to spend several hundreds a month just to own your car. If your car is paid off, that is a beautiful thing.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:50 AM

Also for those saying the RS is "just a focus"....

Old 09-14-2015, 11:16 AM

Oh God.

I haven't browsed s2ki in a while and this is what you guys are talking about now ?

Ford Focus vs s2000 ?

sigh.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:30 AM

Received 410 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by BeachyS2K
Thanks for all the input I'll probably jus wait a few months after its release to see how people like it
Do what I did. Go book a Focus ST test drive. Make sure it has the optional Recaros in it. These will be the only seat choice in the RS. This will enable you to see what interior you are getting and the seats.

For me, I loathed the seats. I thought I'd be able to swap them out for a set of Mustang Premium seats but the bases are different widths so that won't be possible. Just found that out this past week. The GKN engineer who has worked on the car a lot states that the optional Recaros the Brits get are outstanding but they will not be importing those in the USA. Focus ST Recaros, reskinned, is what we get so go try them out. I hate them enough that I'm skipping the RS due to it and will get the new STi hatchback that is coming. Don't know if it will be a MY2017 yet, or MY2018 delivered in 2017. Should have a new DIT 2.5L. I like Subaru resale values better anyhow and the EJ in my previous STi hatch, was my only issue with the car. (#4 ringland and MPG).

Quick Reply: Sell my ap1?