Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Sell my ap1?

Old 09-09-2015, 05:24 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I think it's funny that the number of doors matters. This thing is a freaking rocket disguised as a 5 door family hatchback. It accelerates, stops, handles and brakes better than a S2000, is more exclusive and can haul way more people/stuff and probably gets the same or better MPG. Unless you absolutely have to have a convertible roadster the RS is a no brainer. I don't know why some people just can't look at the facts objectively and feel like they have to hang on to a car with 15+ year old technology like it's God's chariot.

If your budget is 15K, the S2000 is an awesome option but if you have 35-40K there are so many other great cars.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:26 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

I wouldn't, based on all the background info the OP gave, which is none. If you just want a new or different car, I think there are tons of better options.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Saki GT
I wouldn't, based on all the background info the OP gave, which is none. If you just want a new or different car, I think there are tons of better options.
Can't think of anything else new under 40K with that much power, usability, handling and fun. Used opens up the door.
Old 09-09-2015, 12:14 PM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

"Fun" is subjective and the S2000 is very, very fun for nearly everyone. That's why people keep coming back to it. Driver engagement in a light car that's fast enough to make you grin but not enough to scare you is....fun. Focus RS may be objectively better in terms of performance metrics but there is no guarantee it'll be fun or, more importantly, "as fun" as an S2000.

Add in the mechanical simplicity and general reliability of the Honda and it's hard to give it up.

If all we care about were the performance metrics, we'd drive much different cars.
Old 09-09-2015, 12:25 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Two different types of cars. The S2000 will undoubtedly be more fun as a weekend sports car, but the Focus is much more livable as a daily.
Old 09-09-2015, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by JonBoy
"Fun" is subjective and the S2000 is very, very fun for nearly everyone. That's why people keep coming back to it. Driver engagement in a light car that's fast enough to make you grin but not enough to scare you is....fun. Focus RS may be objectively better in terms of performance metrics but there is no guarantee it'll be fun or, more importantly, "as fun" as an S2000.

Add in the mechanical simplicity and general reliability of the Honda and it's hard to give it up.

If all we care about were the performance metrics, we'd drive much different cars.
No one knows at this point, they aren't out yet and I doubt anyone reading this thread has driven one.
Old 09-09-2015, 01:59 PM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
Originally Posted by JonBoy' timestamp='1441829650' post='23742140

No one knows at this point, they aren't out yet and I doubt anyone reading this thread has driven one.
"Can't think of anything else new under 40K with that much power, usability, handling and fun. Used opens up the door"

Apparently you have.
Old 09-09-2015, 02:44 PM

Received 148 Likes on 115 Posts

get the other RS*
it's more fun than the Ford

*RennSport
Old 09-09-2015, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
I think it's funny that the number of doors matters. This thing is a freaking rocket disguised as a 5 door family hatchback. It accelerates, stops, handles and brakes better than a S2000, is more exclusive and can haul way more people/stuff and probably gets the same or better MPG. Unless you absolutely have to have a convertible roadster the RS is a no brainer. I don't know why some people just can't look at the facts objectively and feel like they have to hang on to a car with 15+ year old technology like it's God's chariot.

If your budget is 15K, the S2000 is an awesome option but if you have 35-40K there are so many other great cars.
There are lots of people on the forums that prefer the s2000 over 35-40k cars. Its more about purity. That why people like classics. I'm not saying that the s2000 is a classic, but why would someone buy a 1960's mustang instead of a modern mustang. The modern mustang has more power, comforts, and economics. See, its not about the money! It's about the connection to the vehicle; the feeling of oneness, .
Old 09-09-2015, 07:06 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If youre s2k is beat up and on its last legs than sure but if not then no.
An s2k can and will go up in value and will be a collectible one day while a focus will simply depreciate and just be hmm a ford focus..
I would get the focus and s2k if financially possible

Quick Reply: Sell my ap1?