Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Scion FR-S Convertible

Old 02-15-2013, 03:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does not look right at all!
Old 02-15-2013, 04:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by _brandon
Yeah seems like I would see some chick with her terrier riding in her lap and all her gfs in the back seat.. Definitely should of left it a coupe, and definitely should of left it a 2 seater. I understand it might sell better, but 4 seats and convertible is just tacky. Dont know why I feel like that but they have always bothered me (unless its an oldschool caddy, then its pimpin ). Now its a toyota solara with a few facelifts LOL

Although I have no room to talk about the dog part, as I frequently take my dog out in mine.. German shepherd / boxer so its ok!
Agree I don't like convertibles with more than 2 seats.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:26 PM

Received 522 Likes on 400 Posts

Hmm, unless it absolutely nails the handling forefront, enthusiasts may not readily embrace it, but it is broadening its appeal so that's always a good thing. Much like the miata, I have a feeling that this will appeal to primarily non-enthusiasts who want a fun car to let the hair blow but has trust issues outside of toyota, i.e. women.
But in all honesty, I wish they would offer a sunroof with the dang car. I've already given up on a turbo motor, but at least a sunroof. A few a more ponies .
Old 02-15-2013, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect
Hmm, unless it absolutely nails the handling forefront, enthusiasts may not readily embrace it, but it is broadening its appeal so that's always a good thing. Much like the miata, I have a feeling that this will appeal to primarily non-enthusiasts who want a fun car to let the hair blow but has trust issues outside of toyota, i.e. women.
But in all honesty, I wish they would offer a sunroof with the dang car. I've already given up on a turbo motor, but at least a sunroof. A few a more ponies .
See, now I never understood the sunroof. Give me a drop top or a coupe, period. The one exception may be our Mercedes R500 with over 5 ft of glass in the roof. It really does change the experience for 2nd and 3rd row passengers. But that's a family hauler. In a sports car, sunroofs, targa's, and T-tops just do not feel like a convertible. There is nothing like that feeling of being connected to the world around you from an open cockpit. As for 4 seat convertibles.....boulevard cruisers with Gumby chassis. When the rear seats are near useless it really begs the question......why?
Old 02-15-2013, 06:35 PM

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect
That's my only gripe too... I want a moonroof but I'll live without it lol
Old 02-15-2013, 06:36 PM

Doesn't help that the wheels are hideous. I'm actually a fan of t-tops. I like the 300zx, MR2, c5 'vettes, del sols, etc. But that's personal preference of course.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:29 PM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

This thing can be had in an automatic transmission so it's probably a smart move to broaden the appeal of the car.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:36 AM

Not a fan. Thanks for sharing, though - was curious what this would look like.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:03 AM

Received 124 Likes on 101 Posts

It didn't work with this car's predecessor, the S13 240SX. Not as good a sporty 2+2 as the coupe version, and not anything like as good an open-top roadster as the Miata. I think it will be just as pointless and irrelevant as the 240SX convertible was. Represents time/money/engineering that could have been invested in something truly cool, like a cab-rearward 2-seat coupe version => modern 2000GT!
Old 02-16-2013, 07:35 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by SpudRacer
Originally Posted by TheDonEffect' timestamp='1360981603' post='22341202
See, now I never understood the sunroof. Give me a drop top or a coupe, period. The one exception may be our Mercedes R500 with over 5 ft of glass in the roof. It really does change the experience for 2nd and 3rd row passengers. But that's a family hauler. In a sports car, sunroofs, targa's, and T-tops just do not feel like a convertible. There is nothing like that feeling of being connected to the world around you from an open cockpit. As for 4 seat convertibles.....boulevard cruisers with Gumby chassis. When the rear seats are near useless it really begs the question......why?
A sunroof, moonroof, or even t-tops. Anything is better than a cage with no windows, so to speak.

Quick Reply: Scion FR-S Convertible