Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Saw a corvette c7 in person

Old 09-14-2013, 06:24 PM

Received 118 Likes on 68 Posts

The main thing I took away from that Corvette thread was that those guys imagine that pedestrians only ever get hurt when they run out in front of cars. I guess they don't realize that it's at least theoretically possible for pedestrians to get hurt because of the actions of a car's driver. Since, you know, that happens constantly. Ever heard of parking lots or cross walks?

I can appreciate the fact that not everyone sees this stuff on a daily basis like I do at work but holy shit people are cynical. If the internet designed cars, you'd get in an accident and your airbag would evaluate your past decisions and decide whether or not it should deploy.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't pay much attention to what was said in the thread so much as the number of good links.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:09 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Syn
Honestly I think the black inserts make for a great contrast with the white body of the car. I can see how some people might think it looks a little too busy, but it's not really that outlandish to me at all. Plus look at all the exotics around--they always have random vents and openings and crap like that. Just because the Corvette is a GM product it isn't allowed to do the same without being called cheesy?
Exactly! At least, all the scoops and vents on the C7 are functional. The same cannot be said for a lot of other sports cars.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:52 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

I keep coming back to this car. The stats and driving reviews are just so impressive.

Too me it's a classic "but it's ugly". Prior gens were just crap inside. They seem to have improved that and failed to build a pretty car. It's as if they took all the "features" of euros cars and slapped them together. It's by all means a bastardized design. No one with real taste would produce something so ugly. You better believe even the drafts at Audi or Lamborghini are nicer.

The design is without class, sophistication or a sense of design.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:09 AM

Good, then don't buy one.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:52 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by wrecked
I won't. Not to worry. Saving my coin for something else
Old 09-17-2013, 07:03 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rob-2
I keep coming back to this car. The stats and driving reviews are just so impressive.

Too me it's a classic "but it's ugly". Prior gens were just crap inside. They seem to have improved that and failed to build a pretty car. It's as if they took all the "features" of euros cars and slapped them together. It's by all means a bastardized design. No one with real taste would produce something so ugly. You better believe even the drafts at Audi or Lamborghini are nicer.

The design is without class, sophistication or a sense of design.

What's the GT-R then? It's ugly, not going to age well, but it's a beast. If you're in a 80k or under budget, the C7 is really hard to pass up. For 100k th GT-R is hard to pass up.

I witnessed the new C7 in person and it was very aggressive looking. All of the other S2000 guys also gave the car the thumbs up.

Remember, all these new car safety regulations will limit the creativity of the designers because their hands are tied. They need to implement all these designs mandated by different Countries all over the world. It's not easy being a car designer in 2013. Acura/Honda sure show their struggles with that ugly beak design.....
Old 09-17-2013, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by rob-2
Originally Posted by wrecked' timestamp='1379416180' post='22782348
I won't. Not to worry. Saving my coin for something else

yes, save up for your hybrid, automatic "sports car".. leave the real, manly sports cars to the true automotive enthusiasts. thanks
Old 09-17-2013, 03:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

if somehow i get into a C7 instead of a C6Z it will be in white.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Honestly, I'm not too keen on the rear styling of the car. I much prefer the overall styling of the C6. That being said, I'm sure the new styling will eventually grow on me, just like most other new iterations of cars have.

Quick Reply: Saw a corvette c7 in person