Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Saw a corvette c7 in person

Old 09-12-2013, 08:39 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Saw a corvette c7 in person

This was a few weeks ago at Monterey car weekend. It was parked at our hotel.

Old 09-12-2013, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the Aventador more.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:59 AM

that thing is sick! more exotic styling
Old 09-12-2013, 10:58 AM

Received 522 Likes on 400 Posts

Now that I'm getting more and more used to it, I'm liking it alot more, or maybe it's because it's parked next to those radical machines. I'm a fan of any car that has a wide deck over the wheels with the C pillars further in like that, just gives the car a more exotic look overall. I also like the subtle flying buttress style aroung the back glass, a throwback to the old C3s for sure. Yeah, it's really starting to grow on me, I just love how there's a lot of obvious stuff to see, with some nice surprise small details here and there like around the back glass.
But now I just feel like they could've done moe with the front bumper, and I wonder how long it will take the aftermarket to come up with a single big ass exhaust tip ala Lambo Aventador.
And the interior is just gobs better looking, I wasn't a huge critic of the C6 interior either but man this C7 interior is just such a quantum leap.
All in all, can't wait to get my hands on one in person. I'll take mine in silver please.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:41 PM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

It's starting to grow on me as well. For those that read my review of the C6 Grand Sport, this C7 appears to address my main issues - poor steering responsiveness and horrible seats - while improving the interior, speed, handling and overall effectiveness of the car. Configured as I'd like (Z51, MRC), invoice price will be about $51K, which is pretty cheap for what you're getting.

I had my heart set on a used 997.2 Carrera S but the wife is really pushing for the C7. A 2014 Cayman S (used) is also on my radar, more for pure driving enjoyment than raw speed. A 2009 C2S is about $56K-$60K whereas a new C7 is cheaper, faster and has a full warranty while "apparently" being very engaging to drive. It's "not a Porsche" but I'm waiting for a test drive to tell me if there's enough of a difference to make me pull the trigger on the Vette.

Cayman S may change my mind completely as well. I like its looks more than any of the above and, while it's not as quick, it's supposed to be about the best-handling car you can buy these days and it's powerful enough to make life interesting without ruining my "no speeding ticket for 10 years" record...
Old 09-12-2013, 12:53 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Beautiful car. However, I don't think white is the right color for the C7, not with all of those black scoops, diffusers, etc. Reminds me of a dalmatian.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:05 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

A bunch of the Del-Val guys checked one out a few weeks ago before we went on a twisty run near Carlisle, PA.

The dude driving it was a GM executive and was pretty cool when we were bombarding him with questions.

The rear looked great and the car looks really aggressive. 2 thumbs up for me.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:48 AM

More aggressive than the C6 for sure, but not as overall good looking imo. C6 had a relatively timeless shape
Old 09-13-2013, 05:15 AM

Received 416 Likes on 239 Posts

I saw it in person and i am liking the front less and less and the rear more and more. The grill just looks awkward and I have no idea what those weird bumps are on the lip. Herpes?
Old 09-13-2013, 06:34 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Gigdy
I saw it in person and i am liking the front less and less and the rear more and more. The grill just looks awkward and I have no idea what those weird bumps are on the lip. Herpes?
Only looks good in black, IMO, which integrates some of the weird expanses of black that make the car look awkward in white.

Quick Reply: Saw a corvette c7 in person