Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Saturn Vue has a Honda Engine?

Old 10-15-2004, 05:05 AM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iwant2byS2k,Oct 15 2004, 01:36 AM
it is like telling buyers that they are not capable enough to make their own engines so they had to put other brand's engine into them.... sad
Did you ever open the hood on a older Honda Passport and see Isuzu in big letters on the valve cover? For the frist few years they didn't even try to hide it.
Old 10-15-2004, 06:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just studied this in one of my classes. my prof actually mentioned the vue and it having a honda engine. i don't remember what he said about it though, i just woke up when he said honda then went back to sleep.
Old 10-15-2004, 06:43 AM

yes honda is an engine manufacturer.
Old 10-15-2004, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by JettaGT,Oct 14 2004, 10:00 PM
gm heavy duty truck engines are among the best in the buisness...this allows gm to save money from developing "high feature" smaller engines and allows honda to save money for r and d for heavy duty engines...i dont think the gm engines will ever make it to the us market though..iimgine the pr nightmare
Holy Smokes another GM supporter . Man all I got to say is you need to check your facts a little more . Here is where you can start :
http://www.pistonslap.com/index.html
A quote from: http://moneycentral.groups.msn.com/GMMoney...451727865912912

"If you do an internet search on GM Piston Slap, you will see GM has problems with most of their gasoline engines as well and are thumbing their noses at their customers. Not a good thing to do for future business."
You got one thing right though about GM saving money . They really like to do that !!! However to do that at the expense of Engineering is one reason why I am never owning a GM vehicle!!!!!!!!
Old 10-15-2004, 09:16 AM

don't buy GM, i don't really care, that's your opinion. But for you to bad mouth a single car company is not fair. HONDA has thumbed its noise at its customers. Think CRV and oil leaks. I get soo sick of people bad mouthing certain car companies over their practices..
Old 10-15-2004, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC,Oct 15 2004, 12:12 AM
To help that statement, american truck engines (Dodge, Chevy Ford) heavy dutys are THE best in the business. No car company compares.

what makes people say that american engines suck??? now american interior quality........
Old 10-15-2004, 10:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You gotta love the fan-boys and their stupidity.
Old 10-15-2004, 11:21 AM

The Honda motor has too much power for the VUE -- j/k

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=100590

btw, please give the Domestic Vs. Import a rest or start another thread. It gets old real quick
Old 10-15-2004, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by iwant2byS2k,Oct 15 2004, 02:36 AM
even the VUE has a HONDA engine ,,, the Red saturn emblem will make the car break down ...... just jk
that is great how that car has Honda engine but kinda pointless putting other manufacturer's engines on their car with their brand names.....
samething on VIBE like how they put toyota matrix engine in them
what is the point ??? it is like telling buyers that they are not capable enough to make their own engines so they had to put other brand's engine into them.... sad
The Vibe has more than the Matrix engine in it, it has the Matrix transmission, Matrix interior, Matrix electronics... etc. etc. - they are built on the same line. So? It was a joint venture.

Nissan Quest had a Ford motor, they were basically the same vehicle. Mazda3 shares its engine with the new Focus. BMWs have used GM automatic transmissions. GM and Ford are co-developing a 6-speed automatic. Ford 500 uses the Audi CVT tranny which was developed by a seperate 3rd party manufacturer. Honda Passports were rebadged Isuzu Rodeos (oh no, not Honda!) Chrysler has used Mitsubishi engines ad naseum in the past. And yes, Honda trucks will have GM motors in them

The automotive manufacturers have so many ties to each other it's ridiculous. There is no such thing as a "pure bloodline" anymore.

So what?
Old 10-15-2004, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Silverstreak HX,Oct 15 2004, 10:42 AM
Holy Smokes another GM supporter . Man all I got to say is you need to check your facts a little more . Here is where you can start :
http://www.pistonslap.com/index.html
A quote from: http://moneycentral.groups.msn.com/GMMoney...451727865912912

"If you do an internet search on GM Piston Slap, you will see GM has problems with most of their gasoline engines as well and are thumbing their noses at their customers. Not a good thing to do for future business."
You got one thing right though about GM saving money . They really like to do that !!! However to do that at the expense of Engineering is one reason why I am never owning a GM vehicle!!!!!!!!
Gee, that's never happened before <cough cough 5-speed Honda automatics >

Quick Reply: Saturn Vue has a Honda Engine?