Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

S2k still have curb appeal?

Old 02-01-2006, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It would appear from your remarks you're the one with his panties in a bundle, as your tone clearly suggests...
Old 02-01-2006, 07:45 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If they're having a sale on GT3's for $30 grand I'll take one! 'till then I guess I'm driving the next best thing.

Old 02-01-2006, 08:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the S2k still has some curb appeal
Old 02-01-2006, 08:19 PM

'till then I guess I'm driving the next best thing.
You have an NSX?
Old 02-01-2006, 08:27 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by steve c,Feb 1 2006, 07:57 PM
Problem there is I am the guy on the soapbox speaking from experience -- not the idiot fanboi with his panties in a bundle about someone disagreeing with me.
wow, your really tactful, could you teach me that.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:31 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve

I don't post anything intelligent towards you for one reason, you don't listen, all you do is back track your steps, and find a way to use only the info that is scewed to prove whatever point your trying to make. Especially if someone is making a valid point against your OPINIONS. I don't expect you to pay this any attention either, probably a waste of time since your always right.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:39 PM

Wow. At first I found this thread to be absolutely hillarious. But then I realized that "Steve C" is a sad sad angry man incapable of happiness and now I kind of feel sorry for him.

Steve - I hope that God smiles upon you tomorrow, gives you a great "top down" day, puts the best "feel good" song on the radio, and shows you happiness through your cloud of negativity.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:49 PM

There are at least a half dozen S2000s in this area, but most people will swear that they have never seen one before. The company logo on the side of my car makes it like driving a billboard, and everybody notices, but most people think it is some kind of brand new car. The car has a cult-like following among most of the young people (12-30) who do recognize it. The most common stupid question is, "Is that a Viper?" Others think it's a Miata.

Curb appeal is more a function of where you are than what you're driving. A Rolls on Hollywood Blvd. is just another Rolls, but a Rolls in Dry Branch Georgia is news.

Old 02-01-2006, 08:51 PM

Now that said, I actually didn't like S2000s too much when the first came out, but their subtle agressive style grew on me quickly. I almost purchased an S2000 in 2003, but... the 350Z was the "hot new thing", so I got that instead.

Actually at the time I really liked the extra HP, longer drivetrain warranty, stability control (so that I COULD test the cars limits without wrecking it...), Brembo brakes, Rays wheels, etc...

I still think the Z is a great car, but the S2000 was compelling enough to make me sell my Z, and buy into a car design that was 3 years older.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:05 PM

I don't post anything intelligent towards you for one reason
Yeah -- because you don't have anything intelligent to contribute. Your lack of intelligence is demonstrated by your unremarkable posts wherein you prefer to insult anyone who dares to disagree with you. Again -- you are a great contribution to this board as a moderator -- proven time and again. Thumbs up.

Steve - I hope that God smiles upon you tomorrow, gives you a great "top down" day, puts the best "feel good" song on the radio, and shows you happiness through your cloud of negativity.
Wow. I hope that stupid people who believe in religion are wiped off the face of the earth.

Quick Reply: S2k still have curb appeal?