Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

S2k still have curb appeal?

Old 01-27-2006, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It depends on where you live. Around here I get compliments all the time and people saying things like "nice car, what is it?" I got one from a guy at the gas station this morning on the way to work, and the car is absolutely filthy (it's been raining and snowing here). It's amazing how many people around here don't know anything about the s2000. Back in the San Fran bay area though where I used to live, s2000's are much more commonplace and I would be surprised if my car would turn any heads at all down there.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hkspwrsche,Jan 27 2006, 09:31 AM
I was having a beer with a friend of mine and he tells me last night that the s2k doesnt have the curb appeal it used to.. While I agree that the minute a car comes out that slowly declines, I thought it still got plently of attention although its not in every magazine anymore.
It still performs well even though it's not compared to every convertible available. Have people forgotten about the s2k in the magazines?
I seemed to have trouble finding articles in any of them these days. I would think that GRM or some honda mag would have curent articles..

So wheres that wide spread attention it still desesrves?
I think your friend might be fulla shit! I still have people ask me what kind of car it is all the time. No loss of appeal here.

As for the magazines, I could not care any less what the coverage of the S2000 is. I like owning things that aren't a dime a dozen (e.g. 350Z, Evo, STi, et al). The fewer people that have an S2k, the better.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Clayman,Jan 27 2006, 09:52 PM
As for the magazines, I could not care any less what the coverage of the S2000 is. I like owning things that aren't a dime a dozen (e.g. 350Z, Evo, STi, et al). The fewer people that have an S2k, the better.

Exactly.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:35 PM

steve c - if he was saying that he must be a homo, because he was watching my car the entire time I was pulling out of the lot. Trust me ... I wasn't that far behind them ... the dude was complementing the car.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:48 AM

I was leaving school the other day after a chem lab, and saw a girl in my group walking by as i started getting in my car. I told her kinda loudly so she could head me "Have a good weekend!" and waved.. she crook necked, said "You too!" and stared at the S while still walking and walked in to the rear bumper of a cavalier

Gonna have to needle her about that next week
Old 01-28-2006, 02:46 AM

I think this car is beautiful for people who appreciate cars. Funny story i was at a starbucks drive through and the lady is like. "How are you doing? Wow i really like your car. How old are you anyways" And i told her i was 18 and she was like "Yeah thats what i thought your too young to have a car like that." ANd i was like "uh i bought this car myself..." And she was like "wow and kept asking me what i do for a living and stuff" But its funny that she made it seem like its such an expensive car or something.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:49 PM

I would agree with your friend, come on, the car is 7 years old. Not like its a rare car to begin with. IMHO, Honda is a lazy ass company when it comes to producing cars, they milk their cars for everything its worth before they replace it. It might have been competitive when it came out, but their competitors are really passing it up, 4 years later we'll still be seeing the same s2k. Take the NSX, it was nice back when it came out, but now its a laughing stock of hte industry for an $80k car. Typical Honda, their cars get left behind while their competitors updates their cars.
Old 01-28-2006, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by steve c,Jan 27 2006, 10:31 PM
The S2000 looks dated. Plain and simple.

P.S. J Furry for all you know that guy was saying -- wow look at that little faggy car with no horsepower. Because of the color I bet the guy who drives that has a 3 inch penis.
You're so full of shit. I don't think the car looks dated at all. Plain and simple.

Does it need some crazy fender lines or a trunk that doesn't match the rest of the car (a la Bangle) for it to be "modern"? Seriously , dude put down the crack pipe. If anything your Porsche TT is the car that looks dated. It's had the same basic design for 20+ years.
Old 01-28-2006, 04:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

steve c - if he was saying that he must be a homo, because he was watching my car the entire time I was pulling out of the lot.
LOL, ask him out on a date then It was sarcasm to begin with ...

your Porsche TT is the car that looks dated. It's had the same basic design for 20+ years.
The same classic lines that continue to sell -- but not the same car. The S2000 is dated. Oddly (or perhaps not oddly) Honda updates their high sellers on a semi regular basis, Accord, Civic ... but the low volume jobs, NSX and S2000 are left to rot on the vine.

The Z3 was updated then became the Z4. The maita was updated then replaced with the new MX5. Porsche updated then changed the Boxster. Honda slapped an uglier front and back on the car and threw in some hideous looking wheels while making the car softer all around and never boosting the horsepower. Yay.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:08 PM

ap!1 f0h3v3r!!!

Quick Reply: S2k still have curb appeal?