Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

S2k still have curb appeal?

Old 01-27-2006, 08:43 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think the car still looks good, it's just that the performance hasn't kept up with the competition. The shifter is still possibly the best in the world, but the hp and tq. just haven't kept up for the price, IMO.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha cool thing is ever since I got the s2 and started driving it to work, everyone's been asking me about it. I especially like their reaction when I tell em it's 6 years old, it's actually my brother's old car

probably has something to do with the fact that I used to drive a gray 1995 Infiniti that everyone thought was a Maxima...

I haven't noticed attention from other random drivers or anything, but around here, Porsches and Mercedes SL's don't really draw attention either
Old 01-27-2006, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Saki GT,Jan 27 2006, 05:28 PM
I don't think the S has lost any curb appeal, and I don't think curb appeal has anything to do with the age of a car. There are lots of old cars that just look great and get nods just like new cars. I wouldn't say a Camry or Aztek ever really had curb appeal though, regardless of how new they were.

It may ot be the latest greatest thing anymore, but its still an appealing car. Good cars don't fall out of favor.
Well said. Exactly what I was thinking. By the way, nice car and location...
Old 01-27-2006, 11:27 AM

Its not about curb appeal. Its about "twisty" appeal.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:09 PM

The s2k reminds me of the Mercedes ML, the fact that both cars went to long before they where significantly remodeled. I too think that the cars design will stand the test of time; and I hope that when Honda does remodel it (s2k), they will continue with the already captivating design.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:53 PM

It may have lost a little appeal with its age but, not much. IMO it is a timeless design.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:40 PM

I expect the S will age better than the RX-8, 350z, Celica, Camaro, MR2, etc.

The problem with most sport cars is that the designers do silly add-ons and gimmicks to make them look contemporary - which they do for five minutes(e.g. Mitsu Eclipse) - but in the end they only look dated not long after. Its hard to some designer to really grasp the "less is more" approach.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:54 PM

It hasn't lost its appeal to me and since I'm the one who paid for it, that's really all that matters, but then again I'm not one for giving a crap what other people think about my car. If people wan't to play the automobile "keepin up with the Jone's" game, let'm. Shall we make it 4 door, AWD and put a huge wing on the back of it? That may get it up to today's standards.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:20 PM

True story: 2 days ago I was walking out of Best Buy, about 10 yards behind a 20ish something couple. My Rio S was ahead of them on the left, and a yellow C6 Corvette was ahead on the right. Both cars were in clear view, as we had both made a point of parking away from other cars. The guy started pointing at my S almost immediately after he saw it, and kept pointing at. He and his girlfriend / wife were COMPLETELY IGNORING the C6 CORVETTE that was straight ahead of them in clear view.

I dunno ... has the S lost curb appeal??
Old 01-27-2006, 08:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The S2000 looks dated. Plain and simple.

P.S. J Furry for all you know that guy was saying -- wow look at that little faggy car with no horsepower. Because of the color I bet the guy who drives that has a 3 inch penis.

Quick Reply: S2k still have curb appeal?