Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

S2k still have curb appeal?

Old 01-27-2006, 07:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He is right that it's model year 6 and there really hasn't been that much change to it. Performance wise...
Old 01-27-2006, 07:34 AM

Trailering my S2000 home on a local highway, we had more people tag alongside the trailer and hang out of their window to take photos than we did when we were bringing back 2 different highly modified Porsche 951s.

I love living in the middle of nowhere.

Apparently this:

is more impressive to people than either this:

or this:

Take that for what you will. It certainly got a laugh out of me when I realized people were nearly driving off the road to get a picture of my little Honda and virtually ignoring a pair of Porsches.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:39 AM
Community Organizer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I still get the "What kinda of car is that? Must be a new model, I've never seen one before..." atleast once a week.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:45 AM

I'm gonna have to say if my '01 Berlina black s2000 is washed and waxed I'll get about at least 2 compliments a day by people asking me what type of car my S2 is. I'm in Savannah GA right now on a regular basis if i go to a gas station everyone will break neck, if I open the hood in the neighborhood all heads will turn to see what the s has under the hood. I think the s2000's body needs no changes its a design to commemorate the companies anniversary why would that change a trophy of engineering excellence. Japanese muscle has never been complimented by such attention to detail concerning interior and exterior design. The curves of the s2000 have limited flaws despite the controversial aerodynamic topics. Curb appeal? If anything if you guys are not getting head's turned it find it strange because Im originally from Miami and the s2000 is everywhere despite its actual sales numbers I'd say a good chunk of the s2000's made reside in the 305. Living in Miami people might actually know what car it is unlike everyone here in savannah shocked its a honda but i'll still get crazy compliments and people asking to check out the interior (black on black and red is just where its at).
Old 01-27-2006, 07:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

who needs curb appeal when you got sex appeal..
Old 01-27-2006, 07:52 AM

Honda is apparently in updating the looks. the proof is that they have but, it has been subtle. I like whats been done so far.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:52 AM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bkw,Jan 27 2006, 10:09 AM

I tried posting the full version of the pic, but in full screen it's sorta nsfw.
I really like the rear fenders on that. I wouldn't be offeded if you PM'd it to me.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:28 AM

Received 204 Likes on 141 Posts

I don't think the S has lost any curb appeal, and I don't think curb appeal has anything to do with the age of a car. There are lots of old cars that just look great and get nods just like new cars. I wouldn't say a Camry or Aztek ever really had curb appeal though, regardless of how new they were.

It may ot be the latest greatest thing anymore, but its still an appealing car. Good cars don't fall out of favor.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a past owner I can honestly say any S2000 I see will get stares from ME
Old 01-27-2006, 08:36 AM

I'd like to see them stick with the same basic design. Similar to what porsche has done. It adds value in the long run. Either one of my 911's have been easily mistaken for newer cars even by people driving other porsches.. Just add 17" wheels from a 94 model and confuse everyone!. So much is interchangeable that I can put a 94 eng seats wheels and f&r bumpers on it and I think that would be great if honda could stick with it untill it became that kind of icon. Slight upgrades. It is already similar in that people have used it as the bench mark.

Quick Reply: S2k still have curb appeal?