Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

S2k for NSX

Old 12-07-2011, 11:18 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by USAF_S2K
so your parents gave you money for not joining the military......im not gonna get started on that. The military would be good for you, sounds like you havnt had to want for anything your whole life. maybe it could teach you something. not saying your spoiled, but not saying your not either since i dont know you. you can get your degree for free while you are in or go to a college and get a commission through rotc and be an engineer for the air force or another branch. you will gain alot of experience and see the world. after a few years you can hop out and continue on. just sayin
Lol thank you for your service but I would be in the same boat as his parents. I would try and bribe my kid into not joining the military if they were serious about it
Old 12-07-2011, 11:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Back OT, yes. We need the hilarity that will ensue.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted a snarky little response last night because I was annoyed, but this is a little more thought out and I hope you read it.

Saying that your family paid you not to join the military strongly implies that you, or your family believe that you are too good for it or that it is beneath you. The United States military is made up of some of the greatest technically educated people in the country. Yes, there is a bottom 10% of any given category, but overwhelmingly the military is full of individuals who are extremely good at what they do. They are also able to do it under any condition, at any time, anywhere in the world. That is a rare skill set in this country where there are very few opportunities for people to practice working in adversity. These are not grunt work jobs. Military members are network techs, comm experts, mechanics of every sort imaginable, medical professionals and the list goes on and on - and those are only the 18-22 year old junior enlisted.

Just remember, the people who choose to serve do not do it as some last resort with a judge ordering them to Army, Marines or Jail. These are people who volunteered and are living the military life and earning an income closer to the poverty line in many cases than comparable income of their civilian peers. Lastly, their families love them just as much as yours, they just go anyway.

I am not complaining. I love my job/coworkers/brothers/travel/life and couldn't imagine doing anything else.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:45 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Overpriced and underperforming. You can get A LOT more for your money. Compared to the S, it's marginal when you think about other cars you can get for the $$$.

ib4deemedHeretic

Oh...moved to Car Talk.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ i agree 100%
Old 12-07-2011, 01:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zoomie
right...

Edit: I'll send you 20 bucks as well for doing us a favor and not joining the military.

Originally Posted by myclue
30-100k depending on your grades?? You better get your ass off s2ki and start studying!!!
Old 12-07-2011, 01:51 PM

your S2000 it seems to be in good condition. It doesn't worth it. The NSX it's a good car but is so expensive. I would like to have one but won't be selling my S2000 for it
Old 12-07-2011, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by stupkid
Hey guys, should I sell my s2k and get an NSX? Or just wait till after college?

Edit: changed everything because people are just f*cking assholes if you ask for help.
get the NSX. glad I could help and not be an asshole.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:00 PM

I would definetley get the NSX. I have a red AP1 too and I'm also in college so I can somewhat relate, I dont plan to get an NSX until after college but if you have the oppurtunity to pick one up earlier than that then why not? Just make sure you take your time and find the right one since clean NSX's are getting scarcer by the year... GL
Old 12-07-2011, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by stupkid
Parents... won't give me money to mod my car, I have to use my own money.

Quick Reply: S2k for NSX