Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

S2k for NSX

Old 12-06-2011, 08:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll say it... I'm jelly!
Old 12-06-2011, 08:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fernando.
That's like me asking, should I buy havarti cheese? Lol. Its a personal choice man, try the car out and see if you like it.
Thanks, but I'm really afraid of selling my s2k if I buy it. My friend is most likely getting one in a few months when he's done with boot camp, I'll see if he enjoys it first haha.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stupkid
They're offering me 30-100k when I get out of college depends on my grades. So should I wait or do it now?
So you're in college, you already have an S2000 and a Camry, and you're looking at 30-100K when you get out of college?

Besides pointing out the obvious (you're extremely lucky, count your blessings), I will tell you that you don't need an NSX. Do yourself a favor and invest all of the money they give you in some reasonable risk/reward mutual funds. Forget about it completely and come back to it in 40 years. Assuming the economy recovers, it will be your entire retirement without your ever contributing another penny.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

30-100k depending on your grades?? You better get your ass off s2ki and start studying!!!
Old 12-06-2011, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Zoomie
right...

Edit: I'll send you 20 bucks as well for doing us a favor and not joining the military.
x2 lol
Old 12-06-2011, 09:38 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Toreus
Originally Posted by stupkid' timestamp='1323233133' post='21216980
They're offering me 30-100k when I get out of college depends on my grades. So should I wait or do it now?
So you're in college, you already have an S2000 and a Camry, and you're looking at 30-100K when you get out of college?

Besides pointing out the obvious (you're extremely lucky, count your blessings), I will tell you that you don't need an NSX. Do yourself a favor and invest all of the money they give you in some reasonable risk/reward mutual funds. Forget about it completely and come back to it in 40 years. Assuming the economy recovers, it will be your entire retirement without your ever contributing another penny.
My parents say the same thing, and tell me I should work my a$$ off now in school so I can take care of them when they're older haha.But 100k for retirement would only last a couple years with a wife wouldn't it?
My dad is willing to start any type of business with me if I can't find a job when I'm out. He also wants me to take over his little once a week part time business soon too so he can just chill with his main job.
My mom wanted me to start investing in stocks and start my own small dealership, she was going to let me borrow money too, but my dad didn't want me to risk it because he lost 300k when the stock market crashed few years ago. I make a few bucks every now and then from buying stuff on ebay and reselling online or to friends and I work some Sundays with my mom for a couple hours, but all that money goes to my little sisters, food, gas, other little stuff, and my "for fun" days also it's the holidays so there goes all the $$$.

Originally Posted by myclue
30-100k depending on your grades?? You better get your ass off s2ki and start studying!!!
I'm just a part time student so it's pretty easy for me. But if I go full time next semester I'll have to try a lot harder. And school isn't really my #1 priority, just fun and family.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:46 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wouldn't swap for a nsx unless it's a NA2. 30k will not buy a NA2 so I would definitely stick with the s2k. Much mordoom seen car overall
Old 12-06-2011, 10:18 PM

I'm finishing my bach. biology degree next week with cum laude honors and nobody is giving me anything haha! Can we switch places? I'll take 30 credit hours at one time if I got 30k for it lol.

P.S. My advice is to go out with your degree and make the money to buy the NSX all by yourself, without any kind of help from your parents. That will show them your worth and make them proud in addition to feeling really good that you earned your own NSX.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:58 PM

so your parents gave you money for not joining the military......im not gonna get started on that. The military would be good for you, sounds like you havnt had to want for anything your whole life. maybe it could teach you something. not saying your spoiled, but not saying your not either since i dont know you. you can get your degree for free while you are in or go to a college and get a commission through rotc and be an engineer for the air force or another branch. you will gain alot of experience and see the world. after a few years you can hop out and continue on. just sayin
Old 12-06-2011, 11:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

by the way it sounds, you really love your S. Also you got some deep pockets well err I mean your family, why not invest 30k on the S? Guarantee you'll love it more than a NSX.

Quick Reply: S2k for NSX