Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

???!!S2000 or BMW 330CI!!???

Old 05-20-2002, 12:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMHO: I've driven both an '02 s2k and a '98 M3. Granted that the years and models were different, but for the topic it's fairly valid. As far as quickness goes, I believe the old M had the s2k beat. If you're going to be going for a 330 tho then that deletes that factor. An s2k will whoop the living shit out of a 330 any day, even if you have every option that bmw will happily sell you. But, if you don't necessarily care about off the line/any performance, I'd still say get the honda. I don't think I've ever had as much fun as I had revving that machine to 9 upshifting and repeating. At the same time it did better than my old civic for around town driving, and it's a ragtop. Girls love ragtops. Get the s2000, you'll love yourself forever. I'll love you forever. Everyone will love you forever, except bmw.
Old 05-20-2002, 01:07 AM

Thanks you guys...yeah i dont know...when i looked up the 330CI on the Canadian website it came out to be 57k with all the options i wanted...nothing i didnt need...and the S with the hardtop and OEM front spoiler..and rear spoiler coming to around 56k....so i mean the price isnt an issue....

i have always set my mind on the S2000 anyways...it has been my dream car for a while now...until i get the 360 modena...but that wont be till later...haha...

if i drive the S...it's for sure a head turner....i just hope no one keys my car in the lot while i am in school...ppL do get jealous...
Old 05-20-2002, 01:10 AM

And this is why insurance is so damn expensive. Bastards.
Old 05-20-2002, 01:11 AM

Another question....is it ever bad to redline the car too many times??? How often do you guys redline your cars?
Old 05-20-2002, 01:19 AM

A fairly good idea is to wait until you have it broken in. I did that with my old si and I never had a problem. Redline was at 8 and I'd generally try and downshift at 7800 just because I'm not entirely sure how much I trust the stock tach. Let me know what you think.
Old 05-20-2002, 01:22 AM

What i was thinking was...if you always redline your car....wont that damage your engine long term??
Is redlining it one of those thing you just do sometimes....just to have fun....or can you do it as much as you want....and not facing any consequences?
Old 05-20-2002, 01:27 AM

It's good to be prudent but if you're out on back roads, and you want to have fun, then you better be hitting 9 each time. For daily driving tho there's no real reason to hit it every time you shift. Gas would cost more than the car. Just mash when you want to mash. That's what the car's for, right?
Old 05-20-2002, 01:30 AM

yeah that makes sense....so when you are redlining it...does the engine has a nice sound to it....cuz right now i am driving a civic...(i have to learn manual on something) and when i redline it the engine does sometimes sound scary....and i have been inside a '99 prelude and when you redline it...the engine sounds like it's goin to blow....

the S isnt like that is it??
Old 05-20-2002, 01:35 AM

When you say redline, you don't mean go into redline? If you shift before you hit redline, like right before, then that's cool. Going into redline = bad idea. I had a 99 si, and I loved it, sounds like an angry bee. Last time I checked the s2k was the loudest stock car available, inside the cockpit that is. 92 db. About the best way I can put it is it sounds like a bike on real fun steroids.
Old 05-20-2002, 01:37 AM

okay thanks for the info...i really appreciate it...

now i really want to drive that car....i wish it was my birthday right about now....damn!!

Quick Reply: ???!!S2000 or BMW 330CI!!???