Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

RX7 vs S2000

Old 03-09-2005, 09:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brockLT1,Mar 9 2005, 06:00 PM
First of all, you are an assshole, how does it feel? secondly, wtf? you dont like my car, deal with it! i love my car and respect your car, try being a little mature.

Thank you for reiterating and making yourself feel better about your car having less potential than a twin turbo car. Can you discuss how it has four wheels and a winshield too?

The RX7 hangles a billion times better than my car, no shhit! Again, who would have thought that my car was ever supposed to handle. If you wanted the better handling version, you should have bought the 1LE. So at a billion times better, it must pull 10g's and do the slalom at 150, damn thats nice!

Oh thanks for the pop-phylosophical idea about "being one" with the car. Since I dont drive your car, you must assume that I have no clue about being one with the car.

Please enlighten me more about what driving and handling is like, yeah cus I have no idea. Why are you so butthurt and acting like a troll? Shouldnt that be my job, but you are the one doing it. Have a problem with me, msg me, we'll talk it over. I bet u have the hugest penis in the world and get all the ladies cus you drive an S2k, congrats!
Old 03-09-2005, 09:37 PM

LT1 RULES!!!!! 1/4 mile at a time!!!!! A billion times better than an S2K.....

Old 03-09-2005, 10:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brockLT1,Mar 9 2005, 11:32 PM
If you are worried about reliability, do a LS1 or LS2 swap, you will run better times, keep the same weight, and have almost the same if not way better infinite power potential.
Confused on your weight statement. You do realize that the 13B engine, all 80 cc's of it weighs substantially less than the LS1/LS2 engines. Part of the RX/Rotaries claim to fame is it's lightweight/size of the engine. I would figure putting a big 350 in the RX7 would make it extremely nose heavy. Wouldn't that be similar to people telling the S2K crowd that wants more power to drop in a 97+ 3.2L NSX VTEC motor ? Sounds easy & cool, but in reality would make the S2000 nose heavy and handle terribly.

Anyways, if more hp is needed (the 13B already has cars in the 450 whp range) you can always put in a 20B 3 rotor engine & rule all.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:20 PM

oh well, the one i was eyeing got sold in a heartbeat. plus i've been reading way too many reliability issues. figures.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:23 PM

are you trying to sell your s or something man?
Old 03-09-2005, 11:41 PM
Banned

The most awesome forte of the RX7 was its handling and driving characteristics. Change those, and you screw up everything about it. It's like taking a Da Vinci's masterpiece and alter it to look "cool".
Old 03-09-2005, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by SilverKnight,Mar 10 2005, 12:23 AM
are you trying to sell your s or something man?
i just want a turbo. that turbo sound and sensation.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:20 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Officer_down,Mar 8 2005, 11:37 PM
Do a search!
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enough already.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:13 AM

http://www.hinsonsupercars.com/

http://www.hinsonsupercars.com/RX7LS1TrackTesting.WMV

Frequently Asked Questions

How much will the car weigh?
Answer) The aluminum GM LS1 and LS6 engines are extremely light power plants. With the complete removal of the 13B and the sequential turbo assembly, the project car's final weight is less than the total gross vehicle weight of a stock Mazda RX7. The final weight of the car is listed below. The car weighed 2,831lbs with a full Touring interior, sunroof, complete Bose sound system including the "Sound Wave," and a 1/4 tank of gas.

LF: 746 RF: 677 Total Front: 1,423lbs
LR: 675 RR: 733 Total Rear: 1,408lbs

How will it handle?
Answer) The converted car handles and behaves the same as a factory car. The shop car is outfitted with aftermarket struts and front and rear sway bars for performance higher than that of the stock Mazda Touring suspension. Our customers should expect their vehicles to handle just as well as it did prior to the install.

How fast is the car?
Answer) Depending on the level of engine modification, our customers should expect even a stock LS1 conversion to perform better than a 2002 Corvette Z06. All of this for less than 1/3 the cost.

3/9/2003 - Montgomery Motorsports Park
The best time of the day was an 11.4 @ 120mph.
Est HP: 350rwhp Weight: 3,025lbs (w/ driver)

Here is a video of a recent 1/8th mile run of 6.9sec @ 104mph.

How difficult is the conversion?
Answer) This conversion can be done in your garage with hand tools and an engine hoist. There is no significant drilling or cutting necessary.
How much will it cost for HinsonSuperCars.com complete the conversion for me?
Answer) The cost for turn key cars is discussed here. Please review the page for your turn-key construction questions.

Where can I find an engine and transmission?
Answer) New and used engines and transmissions can be bought through HinsonSuperCars.com. Alternative sources are the classifieds section of LS1.com, LS1tech.com, and EBay.

Will I still be able to have air conditioning?
Answer) A/C is available for all cars and included in the turn key pricing.

Does the car still have Power Steering?
Answer) Yes, all H7 cars will use the stock RX7 power steering rack. However, many of our customers choose to remove power steering for a better feel of the road.

Will my stock RX7 cooling system work?
Answer) No, you will need to upgrade to a larger radiator to ensure great performance for years to come. All turn key cars come with a new aluminum radiator and single fan combination.

Will the rear end handle the extra power of the RX7?
Answer) The stock RX7 rear end is a very solid piece. The rear end is strong enough to handle the duties of daily driving, road racing, autoXs, and drag racing. A very high horsepower LS1 or TT 13B can break rear parts when launching on slicks. However, this is a problem all drag racers face in any type of car. If you plan on running 9 or 10sec 1/4 mile passes, there are aftermarket setups available for installation to strengthen the rear. Please contact us for more details.

Project H7 is currently running the stock 3.90:1 rear end setup with flawless performance.

For more information on the differences between the LS1 and LS6 engines, click here.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:14 AM

i have a friend with a 91 (i think) TurboII FC and he was going for the large single turbo/standalone, the whole 9 yards. He even borrowed money from one of my other friends to buy the turbo. lets just say its still sitting in his garage (incomplete), and he's moved to puerto rico, and STILL hasnt payed back (in full) my other friend. Its infectious with RX7 owners to leave their cars *in not running condition* for long periods of time. just get the work done, i dont understand!
-Chris

ps - its almost like he was afraid to get the work done; almost like he didnt wanna drive it.

edit: also, even though it doesnt add much weight; a v8 swap in ANY RX7 is blasphemy. you guys hear about the new swap for the s2000? the new Tundra i-Force V8!! sick!!

Quick Reply: RX7 vs S2000