Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

RL

Old 10-01-2004, 06:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by steve c,Oct 1 2004, 09:37 AM
Honda has yet to make a car with decent leather.

Regarding the FWD platform -- again, there is a limit as to how much power you can push through the front wheels before torque steer becomes opressive. FWD is a dead end, psuedo AWD or not.

Misinformation:

Are you working on the Kerry campaign?
Decent leather compared to what? A 50k+ BMW or Mercedes.
For the money asked, I've never found any leather equipped honda/acura to have cheaper than usual seats compared to toyotas, pontiac, cadillacs, buicks, even 3 series BMWs I've been in.
You're ridiculous man.

I had a feeling you were a Bush/Cheney guy. Just a gut feeling I guess....
Old 10-01-2004, 07:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's an opinion of course, but I seriously doubt you would sit in a Porsche for example then a Honda and make such statements. Honda has always had cheapish leather -- the S2000 being a good example.

I dunno, put the question to the public - I would bet most folks who own both European cars and Hondas with leather will agree with me.

Regarding the Bush comment, nope. I am neither, they are both giant jackasses.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:06 AM

Honda doesnt have the best leather. Nor does BMW or MB. That award goes to the Jag XJ or XK.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:53 AM

I'm not saying Honda has th best leather but they sure don't have the worst. Check out buick/older cadillacs/pontiac/hyundai.
That's really cheap leather IMO.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:13 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by steve c,Oct 1 2004, 08:50 AM
It's an opinion of course, but I seriously doubt you would sit in a Porsche for example then a Honda and make such statements. Honda has always had cheapish leather -- the S2000 being a good example.
Porsche certainly does not set the "benchmark" for leather quality. The well cared for full leather interior on my previous 1990 C4 Targa looked and felt more like poor vinyl than expensive leather after 14 easy years. Supple leather is a rather crude (by pricepoint) upgrade on any Porsche. The NSX interior (including the leather) is far superior to almost any Porsche product, Northwest Acura here in Calgary has a Spa Yellow in their showroom right now, the fit and finish is second to none. Honda's leather may not be the best, but it is far, far from being "cheap".
Old 10-01-2004, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by shaundesjardins,Oct 1 2004, 12:53 PM
I'm not saying Honda has th best leather but they sure don't have the worst. Check out buick/older cadillacs/pontiac/hyundai.
That's really cheap leather IMO.

GM, Ford, and all of the Germans, have terrible leather. I think Caddys are getting better, Lincolns arent, and despite claims to the contrary on this board, BMW, MB, VW, and Porsche have marginally better leather than Honda but it still pales in comparison to Lexus and Jag.
Old 10-01-2004, 01:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by steve c,Sep 30 2004, 04:19 PM
Regardless I hope the vehicle pans out for Acura and that they use the success to offer something a bit more upscale with RWD and a V8.
Me too, as in a NSX with a V8
Old 10-01-2004, 01:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL

97 replies stating opinions for a car that no one's even driven.

I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have a good weekend gents...i'm outtie.

Old 10-01-2004, 10:14 PM
Former Moderator

Th RL has DVD audio, no german car has that, at any price. The RL has live traffic reports on the navi, no german car has that. The Q45 has a lane departure sustem, no german car has that.

German cars just now got DVD navigations, Acura/Lexus had them for years.

Oh and leather quality???? Ha....my friends m3 with less miles than my s2000 looks like a 90 year old womans face. Wrinkles EVERYWHERE. Sure it looks great new, but it wears like crazy. My seats get A LOT of use, and no wrinkles at all.

I also own a 2000 RL. Its been a fantastic car, not one peep or problem from it, so i will be getting a new one without even considering other marks. My dealer friend, told me a lot of their customers, especially for the new TL, are converts from BMW/Mercedes.

Oh, and most magazines rate the new RL FAR superior than the 530 and E320....read the articles in this months Automobile, Motor Trend, Car and Driver. The TSX also stomped on the Audi, which shows to prove that these german cars cant ride on their reputation alone anymore.

If the RL has numbers like Acura claims, it will be faster than both the E500 and the 545i.
Old 10-02-2004, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by steve c,Oct 1 2004, 06:37 AM
Honda has yet to make a car with decent leather.

Regarding the FWD platform -- again, there is a limit as to how much power you can push through the front wheels before torque steer becomes opressive. FWD is a dead end, psuedo AWD or not.

Misinformation:

Are you working on the Kerry campaign?
Because you've been in Honda's entire line-up consisting of leather interiors from the time Honda offered it's first leather interior in any of their cars?

Enough about the FWD platform. The RL will have no problem whatsoever with torque-steer. Under normal driving conditions, the power is distributed 70% front and 30% rear. The front wheels of the RL never receive 100% of the power.

Speaking of misinformation, read some of your posts. Just like you didn't believe the RL has the most powerfull mass-production V6 or the fact that the list of Hondas and Acuras I have named are the best-selling in class, doesn't mean your going to believe that the MDX and RX330 are tied for best selling SUV in their class. Instead of just claiming, why don't you just look it up for yourself instead of being lazy and in denial?

It's also lame of you to say I'm working on the Kerry campaign when I have never once switched around what I said in this debate. Say something that will actually make sense.