Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Rank these cars

Old 10-28-2003, 09:01 AM
rai

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Rank these cars

I know it's a mixed group with sports cars, coupes and sedans mixed together.

I tried to keep them all in the LOW $30's so I had to cut the BMW 330 because with options they are close to $40K. To get a 3 series in the low $30's I'd have to go with the 325 and 184-hp is simply not acceptable in this group.

Here's the list:

RX-8 (6 speed)
IS300 (5 speed)
G35 coupe (6 speed)
350Z (track)
EVO
STi
SVT Cobra

--------------------------------------------------------------
S2000 (edit)

I took the S2000 off the list for several reasons. Because this is a S2000 board it's a little unfair it'd be like going to the SVT forum and asking the same question. Also since it's a convertible it should go against the Z4 and the Boxster etc...

This is an interesting group since when the STi and the EVO were on deck they looked like the best cars of all time. Now that they are out I'd like to see where they rank with the established players.

Old 10-28-2003, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1- EVO
2- STI
3- SVT cobra
4- G35 coupe
5- 350Z
6- RX-8
7- IS300
this is just IMO
Old 10-28-2003, 09:14 AM
rai

Sorry I thought I was in the "car talk" section. Moderator can move it there if you like.

Old 10-28-2003, 09:24 AM

I don't know what order you are looking for, but this is my opinion of what order to buy...

1. G35
2. 350Z
3. RX-8
4. EVO
5. STi
6. IS300
7. SVT Cobra

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Truely depends on what your looking for, but heres my opinion on them.

RX8 - Great car with awesome looks, always was a fan of the rotary but there seems to be kinks right now that Mazda needs to address first. The handling is great on this car and it seats 4 pretty comfortably, thats a plus to me. I would honestly wait a year or two until all those little bugs are worked out. Was my 2nd choice in line till I heard about the lower hp rating and horrible gas mileage. Sorry, I want what I payed for and 12mpg (which some claim on the boards) is not acceptable to me.

IS300 - Own one of these, Smooth as butta and I love the suede interior. Everything feels nice in there, no cheap rattling materials. This car has MONSTEROUS potential. The motor is truely awesome when you start tuning it. Once turboed, it has the potential to gain massive power with minor bolt ons just like the Supra. Tranny can be swapped for a 6spd supra tranny and so can the block so your potential here is limitless. The handling is great also.

G35 coupe - Not a big fan of Nissans due to their pass reliability issues (Dads a 20 yr mechanic and has gone through headachs with nissan) but great car if your shopping for a coupe. Nice interior, awsome punchy low end torque and the suspension feeels pretty solid. What I dont like about it is the styling (hard to believe for some). Seems like a flattend out G35 sedan in front and the back looks hideous. Great car if you dig the styling.

350Z - Yum, I love this car except for the fact that it feels kind of like a boat when taking hard turns... the body is big. I like how it has lots of low end torque also and the exhaust note sounds AWESOME coming from the factory. The interior needs some getting use to, lots of plastic materials here and there but I do like it. The styling is awesome to me...nice rounded edges and those Rays Engineering wheels tops the cake with icing.

Evo - What can I say, its a monster when it comes to performance. The interior is plain crap to me, I dont like it one bit but the seats do fit nicely. The exterior styling is either a love it or hate it kind of thing, I dont know what to feel about it. Im not a fan of mitsu but I gotta hand it to them.. they did the right thing bringing this car. Mitsu had really bad reliability in the past... im just awaiting to see how the evo is in terms of reliability.

STI - Love this car, It has tons of power and a extra displacment advantage over the Evo which is a plus once it comes to modding. Has all the electronic goodies that you want (except a stereo hah) and the interior is nice. Love the Gold BBS rims coupled with either white or blue.. The styling truly fits me. I dont see anything wrong with this car at all, this was my first choice until the local dealership told me I had to wait 7 months .

SVT Cobra - YEAHHHHHHHH lol this things a monster. I would get one in a heartbeat honestly just to play around with it. Its crazy fast and is so easy to mod. Handling on this car is not that bad as people make it to be. It has the power to just break around in the corners and coupled with wide tires and wide rims, once tuned it can be made to handle great. I love the styling, its mean but subtle.

1)STI
2)EVO
3)350Z
4)IS300
5)G35
6)RX8
7)Cobra (due to the fact that it doesnt really fit in here really well)
rai

Originally posted by Saud2k
7- IS300
this is just IMO
I know the IS300 is "slow" for this group but it's overall quality put it ahead of the RX-8 also I'm not sure the RX engine is as strong as the I-6 in the lexus even though it's rated higher.

So my list is:

1) EVO
2) STi
3) 350Z
4) G35 coupe
5) IS300
6) RX-8
7) SVT (sorry I know it's fast but I'd take any of the other cars before the SVT)
Old 10-28-2003, 09:49 AM

1.EVO
2.G35 Coupe
3.350Z
4.STI
5.IS300
6.RX-8
7.SVT Cobra

I just don't like Rustangs
Old 10-28-2003, 10:57 AM

Here's mine...

1. STi
2. Evo
3. SVT Cobra
4. 350Z
5. G35 Coupe
6. RX-8
7. IS300

Hey Saud2k, looks like we've got pretty similar picks...
Old 10-28-2003, 11:01 AM

EVO
STi
350Z
G35c
SVT Cobra
RX-8
IS300

thats the order i would rank them.
i picked the evo over the sti because of personal prefference. im a semi-mitsu fan and own two turbo DSMs. (98 gst/90 tsi awd). the evo and sti are basically equal though, and both of them mod rediculously easy for plenty of power gains for little money.
Old 10-28-2003, 11:31 AM

SVT COBRA
350Z
STI
EVO
G35
RX-8
IS300

Quick Reply: Rank these cars