Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Porsche Sedan?

Old 01-16-2004, 07:35 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Porsche Sedan?

Ugly if you ask me.

Old 01-16-2004, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OH GOD !
First the Cayenne, now this What are they thinking
Old 01-16-2004, 07:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

photoshop if you ask me
Old 01-16-2004, 08:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not surprise at all.. just look at what Porsche are doing these days. they simply have to increase sales
Old 01-16-2004, 08:15 AM

I think it looks sharp.

This is a far more appropriate direction for them than the SUV was, after all Porsche has used luxury as part of their recipe for quite some time.

These days there are plenty of sedans that will completely embarrass pure bread sports cars, so the "sacrilege" argument is not nearly as relevant as in the case of the Cayenne.
Old 01-16-2004, 08:19 AM

I hate to say it, but it looks like in recent years, the only thing Porsche is capable of doing from a design standpoint is to modify the 911 body shape into various other forms.
Old 01-16-2004, 08:24 AM

Better stuff comes out of my ass.
Old 01-16-2004, 09:02 AM

It looks average IMO...not necessarily beautiful, but not ugly, either. If it performs well, then I'm all for it. From a business standpoint, it's hard to fault Porsche for making SUVs and sedans these days. The bottom line for any car company is to make money, and Porsche isn't any different. Since the engines (and I believe chassis) for most of their cars are on a shared platform, they can probably do some nice things with their production costs, too.
Old 01-16-2004, 09:20 AM

Well, it makes since that Porsche should expand their line. It wasn't too long ago when the company was on the verge of bankrupcy, not due to accounting, but because sports cars weren't selling very well in general. That's why we are seeing more manufacturers coming out with their sports cars because the market is hot right now.

So, Porsche is trying to offer more types of cars so they have other markets to sell when the sports car market goes out of style. It's kind of like the concept of "diversification" in the investing biz....
Old 01-16-2004, 09:21 AM

Originally posted by s2ksimon
not surprise at all.. just look at what Porsche are doing these days. they simply have to increase sales

I realize it may not be the pure vision that porsche has held in the past, but if it keeps them alive I have to applaud them for it. I read somewhere that the cayenne was a last ditch effort to allow porsche to remain the small, private company (is that right?) that they've always been. It was either that or sell out to one of the big boys. If they have to beuild sedans and suv's to allow themselves to continue with their sports car heritage...GO FOR IT!

Quick Reply: Porsche Sedan?