Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.
View Poll Results: What finish looks best for Forgestar F14 wheels on my TT RS?
FINISH #1: Brushed Aluminum with Gloss Black Inlets & Barrel
24.14%
FINISH #2: Titanium
75.86%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: Forgestar Wheels F14 on my TT RS

Old 01-05-2012, 07:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NuncoStr8
Titanium. The brushed & black just make the wheels look filthy from brake dust.
You make that sound like a bad thing! I love wheel finishes that the brake dust blends into (on sports cars, at least), since I generate a lot of it. That said, I agree the Ti looks better.

Mr. Clean, I think your demands are very reasonable, and I'd walk if they don't amend the contract.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Chris S
Originally Posted by NuncoStr8' timestamp='1325366414' post='21276176
Titanium. The brushed & black just make the wheels look filthy from brake dust.
You make that sound like a bad thing! I love wheel finishes that the brake dust blends into (on sports cars, at least), since I generate a lot of it. That said, I agree the Ti looks better.

Mr. Clean, I think your demands are very reasonable, and I'd walk if they don't amend the contract.
Thanks Chris!

Good to hear from you.

Gary
Old 01-05-2012, 10:01 AM

Same here! How have you been, and where have you been hiding?
Old 01-05-2012, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally, for your black car, I would choose option #1 brushed aluminum & black. But I don't think you'd be disappointed with either either one. The Ti is a nice generic wheel color. Not much to dislike.

As for your concern about the open ended terms. Hell yes! The way the contract terms are written, delivery is completely open ended. And you are left with no recourse if the seller or the manufacturer fails to perform. You are saddled with all of the risk while they have no incentive to perform.
ModBargains reserves all rights to refund the customer if the items are not able to be delivered.
Delivered when? A week? A month? A year? A decade?

ModBargains is not liable for any such delays and these delays do NOT entitle the customer to a refund at ANY time.
At ANY time? Ever?

This sort of one sided language is not uncommon when dealing with a retail distributor of custom products. They probably aren't that sophisticated and don't have much clout with the manufacturer. They also would probably go out of business if a few customers walked away from custom orders and left them holding the bag. And a lot of pimply faced kids with a boner for a new set of wheels probably just sign and hope for the best. So they get away with it. I think you're nuts if you agree to this language as is.

On the other hand, if you use a credit card you can always challenge the charge. They can take you to court and try to collect but they probably don't have the resources or brains to pursue legal action. And you could make the argument that a reasonable person would not expect delivery to be open ended when they quoted an expected delivery of 4-6 weeks. A judge would throw out their contract. Or you may just get the wheels in a reasonable amount of time. But you are taking all of the risk in this transaction! Who needs the headaches?
Old 01-05-2012, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Chris S
Same here! How have you been, and where have you been hiding?
Getting myself educated about the TT product over on the audi boards like fortitude and Audizine.

Besides that, work, holidays, family, you know the routine.

Good to be missed and good to be back.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by SpudRacer
Personally, for your black car, I would choose option #1 brushed aluminum & black. But I don't think you'd be disappointed with either either one. The Ti is a nice generic wheel color. Not much to dislike.

As for your concern about the open ended terms. Hell yes! The way the contract terms are written, delivery is completely open ended. And you are left with no recourse if the seller or the manufacturer fails to perform. You are saddled with all of the risk while they have no incentive to perform.
ModBargains reserves all rights to refund the customer if the items are not able to be delivered.
Delivered when? A week? A month? A year? A decade?

ModBargains is not liable for any such delays and these delays do NOT entitle the customer to a refund at ANY time.
At ANY time? Ever?

This sort of one sided language is not uncommon when dealing with a retail distributor of custom products. They probably aren't that sophisticated and don't have much clout with the manufacturer. They also would probably go out of business if a few customers walked away from custom orders and left them holding the bag. And a lot of pimply faced kids with a boner for a new set of wheels probably just sign and hope for the best. So they get away with it. I think you're nuts if you agree to this language as is.

On the other hand, if you use a credit card you can always challenge the charge. They can take you to court and try to collect but they probably don't have the resources or brains to pursue legal action. And you could make the argument that a reasonable person would not expect delivery to be open ended when they quoted an expected delivery of 4-6 weeks. A judge would throw out their contract. Or you may just get the wheels in a reasonable amount of time. But you are taking all of the risk in this transaction! Who needs the headaches?
Lots of good points, many I thought about too.

What I'm hearing on this and other forums is that this approach for retailers selling custom made wheels like this is the norm.

Also, researching mod bargains via bbb site and other forums, no deal ending feedback was discovered.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:22 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Titanium definitely. Those TTs are so nice looking and have a great interior.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by d1rtyc4r
Titanium definitely. Those TTs are so nice looking and have a great interior.
Agreed, audi knows interior design that's for sure.

Thx for the input.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:34 PM

sorry off topic:

how is forgestar's quality? They offer really great prices, but seems like the name is misleading as their wheels are flow forming...
Old 01-07-2012, 10:41 AM

F*** those guys. I buy from real companies with real business practices. Find a different source.

Your TT looks great BTW, and I'm totally digging on the orange color on the TT in the first few pics.