Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Please stop going out of your way to park by me

Old 07-06-2009, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I generally park out and away when it's possible - curb sided spots, spots with buffer (like the small stripped no park zones). I've never really had a beater pull up tight when I'm way out on the concrete boonies. I've had some really nice cars pull up in the same area, kind of like circling the wagons
Old 07-06-2009, 12:12 PM

Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by CG,Jul 6 2009, 11:49 AM
When I was in high school my Mom let me take her brand new car out for the day. I stopped at a buger joint and parked where I could keep my eye on her car. As luck would have it two cops sat down in the booth next to me. A car pulled in and both me and the cops saw them ding my moms' car with their door. I jumped up and the cops told me to sit down and be cool for a minute. They quietly told me there wouldn't be enough damage for them to bother doing anything about it but if it was them they'd kick the shit out of the guys door. I told them I didn't want to get arrested for doing that and they told me they wouldn't be looking when I left. So I walked out and kicked a huge dent in the side of the other car and drove away.
that is ####ing AWESOME!
Old 07-06-2009, 12:29 PM

Usually I don't get out of my way to park further away but if its at like a school environment, sometimes i bring cones with me and put them on the spaces next to my car lol. I only do this when I am forced to park in compact parking spots. College kids at my local community college are the worst offender of door dings ... second comes children in backseats and asian people.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:45 PM

EG, Props. I wouldve been so livid the couple might have not had children. "If this is how you teach your kids, you might as well not have any"

People who door-ding other peoples cars are the same type of people who leave dog shit lying around. The same type who throw trash out the *****in window instead of walking 5 steps to a trash can or holding it in their car til they get home. I have had a cigg butt tossed at me, and it was all I could do to keep myself from pitt-ing their SUV ass.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.E.G.,Jul 6 2009, 03:09 PM
I am seriously the most unlucky person in the world. If anything bad can happen, it will.

I have become quite resilient, but sometimes I'm just like "WTF universe? What did I ever do to you?" lol.

Weird stuff always happens to me. Shall I tell you about my encounter with a deaf guy who was freaking out after a car drove off a cliff?

What about the time some drunken dickhead ran me off of the road and then pulled a gun on me for good measure only to be let go by the police.
You should write a book. I'm subscribing to this thread just in case you add any more of your encounters.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:47 PM

Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts

lol. Thanks. No books ideas yet

<<<patiently waiting for something epic to happen to him
Old 07-06-2009, 02:56 PM

Received 409 Likes on 305 Posts

Parking in parking lots is an art. I've managed to keep door dings completely off my last 3 cars.

1. the curb is your friend, park as close as possible to it, always. And always make sure a curb is on the left or the right. I find that doing this + using only 75% of the parking space helps me. Sometimes, a dumb SUV driver will use it as an opportunity to take up even more room but I find this the exception rather than the rule.

2. Park as far away as possible, again find a spot with a curb on one side of you.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by TommyDeVito,Jul 6 2009, 04:56 PM
Parking in parking lots is an art. I've managed to keep door dings completely off my last 3 cars.

1. the curb is your friend, park as close as possible to it, always. And always make sure a curb is on the left or the right. I find that doing this + using only 75% of the parking space helps me. Sometimes, a dumb SUV driver will use it as an opportunity to take up even more room but I find this the exception rather than the rule.

2. Park as far away as possible, again find a spot with a curb on one side of you.
An amendment to that:

*It is preferable that the curb be on your RIGHT side, as that will mean that most of the time mean the car parking next to you will have its passenger side facing you, and 70% of the time no one will be opening the passenger door.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Ted H,Jul 6 2009, 08:53 PM
An amendment to that:

*It is preferable that the curb be on your RIGHT side, as that will mean that most of the time mean the car parking next to you will have its passenger side facing you, and 70% of the time no one will be opening the passenger door.
You know I don't think I ever stopped to consider that. Outstanding!
Old 07-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Banned

Its horrible for me because I have to go to college. I get these rich ass blonde girls that park next to me and they have no care in the world. They're so busy talking on their cellphones and trying to park that $70,000 SUV. I hate south florida sometimes....

Quick Reply: Please stop going out of your way to park by me