Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Please stop going out of your way to park by me

Old 07-06-2009, 06:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.E.G.,Jul 6 2009, 08:59 AM
Door dings happen by mistake.
I don't accept that. The only thing that causes door dings is a lack of respect for other people's property. If you're paying attention to what you're doing, and have the decency to respect other people's property, then door dings will never occur. Ever.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always try to park next to nicer cars than mine.... in my beater S2k.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.E.G.,Jul 6 2009, 07:59 AM
Fast forward a couple of days and I came out to the parking lot to find a sizable door ding. I Bruce Lee'd his mirror into the ####ing stratosphere. When it finally landed on the ground, I picked it up, smashed it against the side of his door and then tossed it at the sliding glass door on his balcony.

Escalation is really the only way to win these things.

Sometimes shit happens and people accidentally damage your car. Other times you've got to break some skulls.
This is one of the funniest things i've read in awhile. I wish i could have been there so what happened after you did this?
Old 07-06-2009, 08:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.E.G.,Jul 6 2009, 05:59 AM
I Bruce Lee'd his mirror into the ####ing stratosphere.
dude, you're my hero.

Also curious as to what happened after haha.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:14 AM

Received 107 Likes on 65 Posts

Well I was expecting this big confrontation. He was a wannabe thug and he has a good 6 inches and 50 lbs on me, so I figured he'd becoming for me.

I have a Napoleon complex and have had my ass kicked before and guess what, I lived through it. This results in a really pissed off short guy who doesn't let things like someone's ability to kick his ass dissuade him from letting it come to fisticuffs. lol.

He never parked next to me again. I saw him three more times. The first time he stared me down but didn't say anything. I had just come back from my friend's garage where I had sharpened my girlfriend's kitchen knives. I'm guessing the fact that I had a meat clever tucked in my belt must have shrunk his balls a little.

The second time he was with two other guys and he yelled something to me from his balcony. I couldn't understand what he said so i blew it off. I went to the store and when I came back they were all stnding by my parking spot. I figured the shit was about to hit the fan. I got out and he stared at me but didn't say a word. He was standing between me and my stairs so I walked straight through him and said "be careful when you are backing out, it might be tricky to see what's behind you." He just stared.

The last time I saw him was a few weeks later when he moved out. I saw him loading his moving van. He was staring me down so I mimed an over exaggerated Chuck Norris round house and gave him the finger. He was not pleased, but he didn't do anything.

That's the thing about these gangster wannabes. It's all a show. He knew he ####ed up when he messed up my door. He knew he was being a dick by parking like that. I suspect no one has ever called him on it before and he didn't know what to make of it.

I have had one other interesting encounter with someone that dinged my doors. I'll tell you guys about that one on my lunch break.

Any second now I'm sure to get a lecture about vandalism...
Old 07-06-2009, 08:21 AM
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.E.G.,Jul 6 2009, 08:59 AM
Fast forward a couple of days and I came out to the parking lot to find a sizable door ding. I Bruce Lee'd his mirror into the ####ing stratosphere. When it finally landed on the ground, I picked it up, smashed it against the side of his door and then tossed it at the sliding glass door on his balcony.
omfg I just burst out laughing at work.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:22 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Mr. E.G.... You, my friend, are my hero. I too won't let it go when I've been wronged, and I love to hear others Man Up.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Mr.E.G.,Jul 6 2009, 05:59 AM
I park in the middle of nowhere regardless of which car I am driving.

I have a beat to shit 95 civic as my daily driver, and if some asshole is inconsiderate enough to door ding it I really take offense.

Door dings happen by mistake. I get it. But, far too often they happen because the other person simply does not give a ****.

Now, I accept that the way I park has some impact on the possibility of door dings, and as such I attempt to park in the last spot (next to a curb, little concrete section with a tree, etc.) and I pull within mere inches from the curb so that the side that is next to another space has more than enough room.

This douche bag wannabe gangster at my old apartment complex would see this as an invitation to park partly in my space. My miata would squeeze up against the curb and there would be a good 2.5 or 3 feet of empty space in my parking spot and his entire spot.

I came out on several occasions to find that he was straddling the line of my parking spot. Days later, the door dings started to appear.

I confronted him in a polite way in kind of a "Hey, maybe you didn't realize but you are taking up my spot as well" kind of manner, and he responded like the typical wanna be gangster and went on about how the rules don't apply to him and how he can park however he felt like, blah blah blah.

I made it clear that the next time he went out of his way to park that close to my car that we were going to have a problem.

Escalation is really the only way to win these things.

Sometimes shit happens and people accidentally damage your car. Other times you've got to break some skulls.
Dude, you are my hero. That is all.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:06 AM

I park as far away as I can without putting the car out of sight and I do get pissed everytime someone else goes out of there way to park next to my car, unless they have a nice car themselves in which case I dont mind because I'm sure they parked there for the same reason that I did.

The problem is that most people dont have any respect for other peoples property
Old 07-06-2009, 09:26 AM

Mr.E.G., some people just have to learn the hard way after getting things their way for a long time. Good job.

Quick Reply: Please stop going out of your way to park by me