Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Please GM, Fix the Corvette

Old 10-18-2009, 01:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Corvette seats suck. The car is pretty quick however. I had an S2000 for almost seven years and I miss it sometimes. If I could have bought a new M3 for the price of my Vette new (~45k), then I would have.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:13 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

pretty quick is definitely an understatement IMO

the vettes suffer from only a 2 things:

1) lack of steering feel
2) crap seats

that's it. the c5z06's interior suits me just fine, and the HUD is a nice lil feature to have. what the hell else do you need on the inside of the car anyways, just drive it and enjoy the insane torque and awesome grip from the rear tires.

ok i admit it i'm a vette fanboy. different strokes for different folks
Old 10-18-2009, 04:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ted H,Oct 14 2009, 02:41 PM
We all have our own opinions, etc, but this is just a ludicrous statement.
Dont be a hater. The C5 coupe is a 13 second car for under $20k, and it looks better than any BMW. Its timeless.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Deception,Oct 18 2009, 08:00 AM
....looks better than any BMW. Its timeless.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Jimmies,Oct 17 2009, 11:57 PM
I don't think the Corvette really needs anything "fixed." It sells fine as is, and I'd love to own one. Too many 'elitists' here without the cash to buy one.
Any car has its flaws....to claim that any car,such as the vette, does not have ANY THING that needs to be fixed is more ludicrous than 90% of the posts in this thread of FAIL. (excluding anything nuncosrt8 has said....that guys is just out there )
Old 10-18-2009, 07:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've tried to pull the trigger on a new Vette twice. I've actually put money down twice and then gone and gotten it back.

I'll read a Car & Driver article and the image of the concept of a Vette that I have in my head says you need something like that, but then I go drive it.

It's fricking HUGE! And the a$$, well let's just say it's not a supermodel a$$, it's more the Soccer mom of 4 who's let herself go! The article's writer hit the nail on the head.

A 3/4 scale version would be much nicer.

The interior just plain sucks. But the Vette isn't the only one with that issue. Gawkers see the exterior, the driver sees the interior. I feel the interior ought to look like an expensive sports car, but so many cars just look like a plain ol' car. Yes, there are limitations to what you can do and still have things easy to find or work, but GM seems to have gone out of their way to dumb down the Vette's interior feel. I feel like I'm in a 60's Impala.

I've driven a new Z06 a lot! And as long as I'm on the go pedal I like it, but since most of the driving is normal day to day driving that's just not enough.

Beyond Bambi and the retiree the other major, probably THE major buyer of the vette is the same person who buys a Harley. They don't buy the actual product they buy so they can sit at the cool kids table in the school cafeteria. They will never get it that it's not what you own that gets you to that table it's who you are.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by fusionchickenleg,Oct 18 2009, 07:13 AM
pretty quick is definitely an understatement IMO

the vettes suffer from only a 2 things:

1) lack of steering feel
2) crap seats

that's it. the c5z06's interior suits me just fine, and the HUD is a nice lil feature to have. what the hell else do you need on the inside of the car anyways, just drive it and enjoy the insane torque and awesome grip from the rear tires.

ok i admit it i'm a vette fanboy. different strokes for different folks

For your item #2, I did this:

Not only did it escalate the interior quality, but it made the drive much more engaging. Hell, I think at least part of the poor steering feel is the general "floaty-ness" you get because the seats have pretty poor bolsters/support.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by GT_NFR,Oct 18 2009, 06:49 AM
Any car has its flaws
Never said the Corvette was flawless. Just that nothing needs fixing. "Fixes" cost money, and in the context of a business decision, the Corvette does not need to be fixed. It is selling just fine as is.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:51 AM

They wouldn't sell as many at 3/4 scale or smaller. One reason the vette sells is its interior space, both for typical American people and for their luggage. It is roomy for a 2-seater. I'm still mildly peeved that I can't fit my normal business-trip luggage in the S trunk. My bag has to ride shotgun, lol.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:57 AM

The C6 is hardly large. It's footprint is similar to an S2000.

Quick Reply: Please GM, Fix the Corvette