Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Picked up the new Fit EV!

Old 10-17-2013, 08:01 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

any tax credits if you lease?

found this...but looking for confirmation specifically for the Fit EV

If a vehicle is being leased, the credit stays with the leasing company, which is the actual owner of the car or truck. In most cases, however, the tax credit has been factored into the cost of the lease, so the customer still benefits. Lease programs for the Chevrolet Volt and Nissan Leaf, for instance, include the $7,500 as a credit toward the down payment.
http://www.edmunds.com/fuel-economy/...x-credits.html

Since Honda isn't leasing in my area, could I say drive up to MD and lease one? Drive back would suck!
Old 10-18-2013, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedCelica
any tax credits if you lease?

found this...but looking for confirmation specifically for the Fit EV

If a vehicle is being leased, the credit stays with the leasing company, which is the actual owner of the car or truck. In most cases, however, the tax credit has been factored into the cost of the lease, so the customer still benefits. Lease programs for the Chevrolet Volt and Nissan Leaf, for instance, include the $7,500 as a credit toward the down payment.
http://www.edmunds.com/fuel-economy/...x-credits.html

Since Honda isn't leasing in my area, could I say drive up to MD and lease one? Drive back would suck!
In the FitEV, yes. You do not have to do anything with the Fed tax credit. It is in the "down payment" already.

In the case of the Volt, it is more deceptive. If you plan to buy off the lease, they put the $7500 back into the residual. That is not the case I see with Rav4ev leases, you can keep it. So you will see many many end of lease Volt in auctions very soon.

In CA, you will also get $2500 for the FitEV when you keep for 36 months or longer (lease included). Which the FitEV lease is for 36 months.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:35 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm drinking the cool aid a little here. I called my dealer and they said you have to apply through the Honda NA site. So I did. It's a crazy deal if you can get one. Basically a free car to use. Now to wait and see.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by The Gasman
I'm drinking the cool aid a little here. I called my dealer and they said you have to apply through the Honda NA site. So I did. It's a crazy deal if you can get one. Basically a free car to use. Now to wait and see.
Keep an eye out on Cars.com for new inventory alerts and hound that dealer. If you patiently wait for your 'selected' dealership to call you probably won't get one. I've had mine for 1 month and still love it after 1400 miles of driving. Good luck!
Old 10-29-2013, 03:19 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by BoostLE
Originally Posted by The Gasman' timestamp='1383082511' post='22852511
Keep an eye out on Cars.com for new inventory alerts and hound that dealer. If you patiently wait for your 'selected' dealership to call you probably won't get one. I've had mine for 1 month and still love it after 1400 miles of driving. Good luck!
Will do. Thanks!
Old 12-23-2013, 09:24 AM
Former Moderator

So I started researching the Fit EV and found out they are really difficult to get. You getting one in 3 weeks was sheer luck, but since they are hard to get I decided to get one. After many calls and emails etc I got my car. I picked it up on Saturday. What a cool little car with a great lease deal.

Old 12-26-2013, 06:40 AM

Congrats GasMan! Fill out the form from CVRP and get your $2500 check in about 4 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-29-2013, 08:44 AM
Former Moderator

Congrats GasMan! Fill out the form from CVRP and get your $2500 check in about 4 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Already sent that baby in! Looking forward to my leviton charger and 7500 tax rebate. Thanks for turning me on to the car.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:23 PM

Sorry but we don't get the $7500 since it's a lease :-( Still many other perks to enjoy!! I'm about to hit 4K miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2014, 01:30 PM

Sorry but we don't get the $7500 since it's a lease :-( Still many other perks to enjoy!! I'm about to hit 4K miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not exactly true.
Honda has already filed and kept the $7500 as part of the lease down payment to you. So you are not allowed to double file for the tax credit.

Quick Reply: Picked up the new Fit EV!