Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Picked up the new Fit EV!

Old 09-10-2013, 12:46 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Honda has to be taking a huge loss on this deal... Maybe they're using it as a case study for future EV development?

Regardless, great deal for anyone looking to pick one up.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by imtigahwoodz

Yeah that sucks...I initially thought they were only available in 5-6 states but here is the list of states from Honda.

California, Oregon, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maryland, and Rhode Island
It sucks for me too, and I am in CA. I got bit by the EV bug so much that I want an EV commuter. If only I can get my hands on your Fit.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:45 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by deepbluejh
Honda has to be taking a huge loss on this deal... Maybe they're using it as a case study for future EV development?
That's what I heard from some of the guys on the EV forum. All of our driving history is being sent to Honda for further research.

Originally Posted by marthafokker
Originally Posted by imtigahwoodz' timestamp='1378843915' post='22771481

Yeah that sucks...I initially thought they were only available in 5-6 states but here is the list of states from Honda.

California, Oregon, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maryland, and Rhode Island
It sucks for me too, and I am in CA. I got bit by the EV bug so much that I want an EV commuter. If only I can get my hands on your Fit.
I'd be happy to trade for your Rav4EV for a couple of weeks...
Old 09-12-2013, 06:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dang you. I'd love to pick up on one of these as a daily driver. Did you actually put your name down on a list at a dealership? The one I talked to just kind of laughed when I asked about them in August as they were all taken.

Now I'll probably end up in a Leaf or Volt, whoever gives me the best lease numbers.

Originally Posted by deepbluejh' timestamp='1378845978' post='22771539
That's what I heard from some of the guys on the EV forum. All of our driving history is being sent to Honda for further research.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:56 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by deludedbuzz
Dang you. I'd love to pick up on one of these as a daily driver. Did you actually put your name down on a list at a dealership? The one I talked to just kind of laughed when I asked about them in August as they were all taken.

Now I'll probably end up in a Leaf or Volt, whoever gives me the best lease numbers.
I filled out the online request for more info on the Honda EV site. I submitted it to all Honda dealerships within a 50 mile radius. I put my name on the waiting list at the dealerships that actually called me back. Mind you, I was anywhere from #60 to #150 on some of the lists. Some also needed a $500 deposit which I passed on. I mean, why put down $500 to be #60 on a waitlist?

I pretty much gave up any hope of getting one, but by some miracle, was contacted by Valley Hi Honda in Victorville a couple weeks later. Are you in Socal? Maybe you should get your name on their list...couldn't hurt.

BTW, I just found out both the green and white HOV carpool stickers have been extended in CA until 2019. So either the Leaf or Volt would get you into the carpool lane for years to come.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:13 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by deludedbuzz' timestamp='1379040617' post='22775786

I filled out the online request for more info on the Honda EV site. I submitted it to all Honda dealerships within a 50 mile radius. I put my name on the waiting list at the dealerships that actually called me back. Mind you, I was anywhere from #60 to #150 on some of the lists. Some also needed a $500 deposit which I passed on. I mean, why put down $500 to be #60 on a waitlist?

I pretty much gave up any hope of getting one, but by some miracle, was contacted by Valley Hi Honda in Victorville a couple weeks later. Are you in Socal? Maybe you should get your name on their list...couldn't hurt.

BTW, I just found out both the green and white HOV carpool stickers have been extended in CA until 2019. So either the Leaf or Volt would get you into the carpool lane for years to come.
Looks like in short order the HOV lane will be filled with speed following EVs! Ha! So much for improved traffic flow

Really want to see your long term thoughts on this EV.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THanks for the info. I started sending out the requests to get on the list. Only one call back and they were trying to get me to buy an Accord plugin. In the Bay Area so there might be a bigger demand for these things up here.

I'll probably start working on a deal for a Leaf or Volt next week so a Fit EV probably won't happen for me.

Originally Posted by deludedbuzz' timestamp='1379040617' post='22775786

Old 09-18-2013, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by deludedbuzz
THanks for the info. I started sending out the requests to get on the list. Only one call back and they were trying to get me to buy an Accord plugin. In the Bay Area so there might be a bigger demand for these things up here.

I'll probably start working on a deal for a Leaf or Volt next week so a Fit EV probably won't happen for me.

Originally Posted by imtigahwoodz' timestamp='1379091404' post='22776663
[quote name='deludedbuzz' timestamp='1379040617' post='22775786']

[/quote]

I found a dealer in the Bay Area that will not manage waiting list. Only first come first served. So I am keeping an eye on their inventory list. The last one was spoken for within hours of on the inventory list.

I bookmarked that dealer just to check in to see if a new one is on the list.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by deepbluejh' timestamp='1378845978' post='22771539

Honda and everyone else besides Nissan and Tesla are to comply with CA's CARB requirement. That is why these great deals are out there. No one wanted to buy these cars for the price was too much compare to gas cars. Until these great sales to get rid of them.

As for the Rav, you will have to talk to my wife about that, as it is hers!
Old 09-18-2013, 01:26 PM

As for the Leaf, you may want to only lease them.

Nissan has issues with battery, and they are testing new battery systems with Arizona/Texas residents now. Nissan is the only car maker do not use TMS to control battery temperature. As a result, their batteries degrades much faster, so much that Nissan is doing a degradation warranty, and also $100/month insurance for battery replacement program.

Quick Reply: Picked up the new Fit EV!