Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Picked up the new Fit EV!

Old 03-29-2015, 02:14 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by imtigahwoodz
So I just found out Honda will be offering a 2 year lease extension and dropping the price to $199/mo!! This is awesome news as they are still standing by their original lease terms (unlimited miles, etc).

After about 1.5 years of ownership, I've accumulated just over 25K miles on the car. Battery life seems just as good as when I first got it. Only complaint would be the cold weather significantly reducing driving range. I'd estimate a 20-25% decrease in range during the winter months. Granted in SoCal, it's really only cold for maybe a month or two, but the guys in the east coast are reporting losses of 50% or more.

I would say real-world driving range is closer to 70-75 miles than the 82 listed. 80+ miles can be attained but thats under optimal driving conditions (weather, load, road conditions.

All in all, I'm very happy with this vehicle. I was thinking about getting the Tesla Model 3 if it comes out in a few years but that will be put on hold for at least 2 more years.
Good to hear!! keep this thing as long as you can cause I don't see Honda bringing it back for awhile lol well atleast to my area on the east coast which isn't as electric car friendly as the west coast. Youre one of only about 1200 guinea pigs with this car so ride it out as long as you can. ive driven the electric fit,prius,leaf,and accord plug in hybrid and your ev shits on all of them as far as power and fun factor. My coworker has a leaf which I drove recently and after my test drive I quickly realized how good the fit ev is. Once again keep it as long as you can lol
Old 04-09-2015, 01:58 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by s2k_9000rpm
does the amount of money you save on gas pay for the lease? when you go solar what does your break even look like?
I use to spend about $250/mo on gas but now I'm spending approx. $50/mo in electricity, savings of about $200/mo. This savings covers about 70% of my monthly lease payment now. When the lease drops down to $199/mo, it'll cover most of it.

Originally Posted by marthafokker
FitEV is gone, but there was supposed to be a hell of a deal with 500e last weekend. 100 or so was leased last weekend.

500e Lease article
Wow! I would have jumped on that if I didn't already have the Fit.

Originally Posted by 8.5kallday
Good to hear!! keep this thing as long as you can cause I don't see Honda bringing it back for awhile lol well atleast to my area on the east coast which isn't as electric car friendly as the west coast. Youre one of only about 1200 guinea pigs with this car so ride it out as long as you can. ive driven the electric fit,prius,leaf,and accord plug in hybrid and your ev shits on all of them as far as power and fun factor. My coworker has a leaf which I drove recently and after my test drive I quickly realized how good the fit ev is. Once again keep it as long as you can lol
I always wondered if the other EV's were as fun as the Fit...good to know I won't have to look at the other EV's for quite some time. I'm sure when I'm ready to lease/buy again, most EV's will have far more range than 80 miles.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should test out a Rav4EV. This is a detuned Tesla Model S motor. Even with only 155hp, the torque is hell of fun. The fastest EV not named Tesla. There is another Tesla in sheep clothing called the MB B-classes EV.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:26 AM

actually you should try to Fords- Fusion/Cmax plug-ins.. They have 188 horses. and they are pretty cheap and very nice inside.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Anrosphynx
actually you should try to Fords- Fusion/Cmax plug-ins.. They have 188 horses. and they are pretty cheap and very nice inside.
A plugin and an EV is different in how HP works. My Rav4EV 0-60 is 7 sec, while the Fusion Energi is 8 sec. The Rav4EV has only 154hp. Since there is only one gear, it just pulls at 0 rpm. Most PHEV are just a Prius like with bigger battery and ICE, unless you are talking about BMW i3 or Volt.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:36 PM

There is also a VW EGolf that I forgot. You know how we like Golf drives, it is the same in the eGolf. Just the range sucks.