Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Pet Peeves on the road

Old 05-04-2007, 11:11 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cravnpup,May 4 2007, 10:44 AM
^ Pet peave on the autox course: people who show up in fancy cars covered in masking tape... Don't be a wuss, attack those cones..
Oh man... that was good... wasn't expecting that... hehe...

Andre
Old 05-04-2007, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just givin you a hard time.. I can understand it with the white paint.. We had a guy show up in a silver 911 C4 that was converted to "Home Depot Blue" for the day, no big deal except he was getting smoked by everyone because he was too timid through the gates. If you're going to go through all that trouble at least be agressive..
Old 05-04-2007, 11:36 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I know I know... it's all good for a laugh. You seriously had me rolling here at work with that comment cause it was just so random... lol. In my own defense though... I was 1.5 seconds quicker than the other S2K's at the meet.

I hope that justifies my aggressiveness... LOL.

Andre
Old 05-04-2007, 12:46 PM

when ppl approach a left hand turn with it's own turning lane and leave their right tires in the 'driving lane', straddling lanes as they slow down for their left turn. jesus, pick a lane and get over so ppl can go by.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by oakfloor,May 4 2007, 09:01 AM
Ah, the famous kalifornia tailgate, It goes like this; your driving along in the left lane above the speed some, as the traffic flows, and here comes someone going a little faster so You pull over to let them by, and they just sit there at your speed. And of course you come up on slower traffic in the right lane, so you change back to the left lane and to go around and..you guessed it they tailgate you. Why is this?
They just want a long, clear view of the road ahead. They are just being completely selfish. These are the same jerks that will hog the left lane at 50mph or 55mph, just because it is temporarily empty and they can see a long way off. Then a line of fast cars comes up behind and they refuse to move to the right.

My next car needs to be equipped with Sidewinder missiles.

For a while I seriously fantasized about mounting my paintball gun under the hood with the barrel pointed through a gap in the truck grill, with a remote trigger, to shoot at all the jerks that either cut me off or hog the fast lane. The latter is rare as I don't usually drive in the fast lane. Slowing down in old age.

But I would love to see all the Bimmers and Mercedes and Volvos get home and find a bunch of purple or green paint on the back of their car. Of course, it would wash right off, but let them sweat it!

Immature, I know. But I am at the end of my rope. I just wish I had the balls to actually do it. Nobody would see the barrel or be able to really know where the paintball came from.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:01 AM

Received 410 Likes on 305 Posts

Fast lane speed limit huggers.

Bastards that won't move out of the fast lane when I'm going quicker.

People eating, talking on the phone, jacking with their PDA, while they should be concentrating on the road.

Sunday drivers on any other day of the week.

People that take forever to stop and make a right hand turn.

The funstoppers (cops) hiding behind bushes, buildings, and trees trying to generate revenue.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:56 AM

Got another one-- people who drive slow as hell up to a green light, only to let it change and then burn it as it's changing to red, leaving you stuck when you both could have easily made it... I think they do that on purpose.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:07 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. WOT,May 5 2007, 12:56 PM
Got another one-- people who drive slow as hell up to a green light, only to let it change and then burn it as it's changing to red, leaving you stuck when you both could have easily made it... I think they do that on purpose.

BINGO! I get mad just thinking about that one!!

Old 05-05-2007, 10:17 AM

I'm always quite surprised when I fly to the states, it's true that there is an incredible amount of left lane hoggers there.

I think they should pass some awareness publicity on TV's telling people that the left lane is for passing, seriously. It seems to me like some people just simply don't know this or something, it's almost ridiculous.

Oh well...
Old 05-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

double left turn lane. space cadet in the inside turning lane that drifts outwards into my outside turn lane.

I actually had one guy ask me what the hell I was doing. I told him, "driving in my lane... what about you?"

Quick Reply: Pet Peeves on the road