Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Pet Peeves on the road

Old 05-03-2007, 07:07 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by cbehney,May 3 2007, 06:17 AM
People who buy baby bluish, pinkish, lavenderish color cars and then drive them in public, making me waste valuable time wondering what kind of deal they got on them to make them buy them, and hurting my eyes to boot.
Suzuka?

Old 05-03-2007, 08:42 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cbehney,May 3 2007, 04:17 AM
People who buy baby bluish, pinkish, lavenderish color cars and then drive them in public, making me waste valuable time wondering what kind of deal they got on them to make them buy them, and hurting my eyes to boot.
(Suzuka owners, note that I do not think your color is ugly)
I think what is worse than that is when they (ricers usually ) have a regular car and then get it REPAINTED to an ugly color...WTF were they thinking?
Old 05-03-2007, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I keep nodding my head, because I agree with almost all of the posts. To me, it can be summed up with three things:

1. People who who have no situational awareness so they tend to drive erratically or slowly (or quickly) for the conditions. Like the people who don't start moving after a stop light turns green until there is a 40 foot gap between themselves and the car in front of them so that only 4 cars get through the light.

2. People who don't understand the rules, not the just the laws, of the road. Like if you're going up a mountain road and the car behind you wants to go faster, pull off into the cutout. That's what it's there for!

3. People who only look out for themselves and show no courtesy towards other drivers. Honestly, I don't get really mad at drivers who make an honest mistake; we all do it sometimes. It's the people who know they're driving like an ass but don't care that it ruins it for everyone else.

One other thing but it doesn't have to do with drivers per se. Why does the DOT put signs up saying "Slower Traffic Keep Right?" No one wants to think they are slow drivers, so they drive in the left lane even if they are driving the speed limit!
Old 05-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by falcorider,May 3 2007, 01:01 PM
I keep nodding my head, because I agree with almost all of the posts. To me, it can be summed up with three things:

1. People who who have no situational awareness so they tend to drive erratically or slowly (or quickly) for the conditions. Like the people who don't start moving after a stop light turns green until there is a 40 foot gap between themselves and the car in front of them so that only 4 cars get through the light.

2. People who don't understand the rules, not the just the laws, of the road. Like if you're going up a mountain road and the car behind you wants to go faster, pull off into the cutout. That's what it's there for!

3. People who only look out for themselves and show no courtesy towards other drivers. Honestly, I don't get really mad at drivers who make an honest mistake; we all do it sometimes. It's the people who know they're driving like an ass but don't care that it ruins it for everyone else.

One other thing but it doesn't have to do with drivers per se. Why does the DOT put signs up saying "Slower Traffic Keep Right?" No one wants to think they are slow drivers, so they drive in the left lane even if they are driving the speed limit!

The biggest one that gets me is here in the KC area, when there are three or even for lanes of traffic people stay in the far left lane because A) they want to make sure that they are in the proper lane for their exit or B) they want to seclude themselves by never changing lanes and choose the passing lane as their isolation.

Irks the HELL out of me!!! The left lane is for passing only!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2007, 08:46 PM

I agree with everyone here. Just yesterday some *******woman******* was cruising in her little econocar in the left lane down the highway going about 45 in a 65 while everyone passes her on the right. I just looked at her and shook my head as I dropped it to 3rd and passed her with ease. I had the top down too, so I know she saw me.

People who don't pay attention to the light signals and sit at a green for 5-7 seconds before everyone starts blaring their horns. You're in a 3500lbs. piece of metal and plastic that can drive in excess of 100mph. PAY ATTENTION WHEN YOU ARE ON THE ROAD, EVEN WHEN YOU ARE STOPPED!

Idiots who are, literally, in the middle of the intersection waiting for the light to change when they are the only car for miles around. Uh, genius, how about you back up to actuate the signal like a car normally would. Here I am, coming up behind you, and I have to actuate the signal for you because you either have no depth perception or need a brake job.

People who come to complete stops with no intersecting traffic in the lane with the huge obnoxious "CONTINUOUS RIGHT TURN" sign. LITERACY, PEOPLE!

D-bags who put the tinted plastic covers over their license plate and they get so dirty and grungy that there's no way you could read it to report it to a dispatcher.

The extra strength d-bags that, while coming to a stop at a light in traffic, turn up their stereos so everyone waiting at the light can hear their nonsensical troglodyte rap thud over and over again inside of their skulls. Look dude, your 1996 rusted ass Blazer with 20" dirty chrome wheels and fake HID headlights isn't worth this kind of stereo equipment. Take it home and bury it in the backyard.

Another thing that jerks my chain are the high school *******females******* yakking on their cell phones while making a left turn in an intersection and cutting off the crossing road's left turn lane by a good 10 feet in her beat-to-hell 1998 Ford Taurus (or for our richer part of town, a Lexus 430 that she got for her 17th birthday)

Urgh I can't type anymore but, man, do I have a lot more to say!
Old 05-04-2007, 04:38 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

National Park Service police who continually stopped me in DC for "warnings" because I didn't have my front license plate on, so that I finally gave in and put in on. Why do they even care???

Old 05-04-2007, 05:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could go on and on and on all day on this subject ( i live in boston) home to the worst Efffing drivers aka massholes

the one that chaps my ass the most is when people have a left turn arrow that turnes red, yet no less then 5 cars bang that left after it turns red, backing up traffic (me) in the other direction cause these phuckers keep running the red turn arrow.

if im the first guy in line i usually just start driving waiting for one of them to hit me.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:01 AM

Ah, the famous kalifornia tailgate, It goes like this; your driving along in the left lane above the speed some, as the traffic flows, and here comes someone going a little faster so You pull over to let them by, and they just sit there at your speed. And of course you come up on slower traffic in the right lane, so you change back to the left lane and to go around and..you guessed it they tailgate you. Why is this?
Old 05-04-2007, 09:59 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

For me... I would definitely have to say:

-Left lane cruisers when they have all the other lanes to do all the light cruising they want.
-People that speed up when you attempt to pass them cause they are going slow in the left lane or any other lane for that matter.
-Those damn cigarette people are annoying too (put the cigarette on your hood)
-People that pass you just to get in front of you an slow down to where you have to then pass them and it just becomes a game... ANNOYING!!!!

There's more but that covers the pretty good ones.

Andre
Old 05-04-2007, 10:44 AM

^ Pet peave on the autox course: people who show up in fancy cars covered in masking tape... Don't be a wuss, attack those cones..

Quick Reply: Pet Peeves on the road