Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Pet Peeves on the road

Old 05-02-2007, 02:33 PM

Received 522 Likes on 400 Posts

Hummers.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

-uckin tail-gaters.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:43 PM

Received 244 Likes on 183 Posts

People getting on the expressway who do not yield to the cars getting off the expressway. Cars getting off have the right of way people.

People who do not merge properly getting on the expressway because of various reasons: driving too slow up the ramp, not looking at traffic until they are at the end of the ramp, stopping or nearly so at the end of the ramp when not necessary (almost never is) because of the above reasons.

People who even though they may have the right of way exiting who do not even consider those getting on.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:44 PM

A few more:
When there's a line to get onto a freeway or off a freeway, and instead of waiting in line they go to the faster lane and go all the way to the front to try and cut in.
People who ride Harleys and rev up their loud ass motors to drive down a block in the middle of the night.
People who have those stupid speakers in their grilles so everyone can listen to their cousin's crappy demo album.
People who drive all reckless and as they pass you give you a look as if you're doing something wrong.
People who blatantly do not abide by the traffic laws.
People who don't signal.
Priuses with their carpool lane/toll waiver BS.
A semi trying to pass another semi on a two lane highway (like I-5) and takes half an hour to do so.
People who stop traffic so they can "holla" at their friends.
People who tailgate in the slow lane.
People who flicker their high beams at you when there's traffic infront of you and you can't go any faster nor can you move aside.
People who try to steal the parking spot you were waiting for.
People who play high speed frogger in traffic during rush hour, therefore exacerbating the problem.
People who don't fix their brake lights.
People who can't park and don't bother correcting their parking mishap.

That's it for now.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

people who dont signal (they always get honked at)
people who dont follow the rules of the left lane so other faster cars have to pass on the right lane
people in bikes who rev there engine ALL THE TIME esp when stopped at a light dude your motor isnt gonna die if you let it idle.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by doctornick,May 2 2007, 03:18 PM
people who dont signal (they always get honked at)
people who dont follow the rules of the left lane so other faster cars have to pass on the right lane
people in bikes who rev there engine ALL THE TIME esp when stopped at a light dude your motor isnt gonna die if you let it idle.
Seriously, I mean cmon, it's 12am in a residential neighborhood, who you trying to impress at the expense of pissing off a lot of people?
Old 05-02-2007, 05:44 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

People who rush to pass you on the right, on a 2-lanes-each-direction street in a residential or business area, then get in front of you and stop for a left turn, and have to wait for oncoming traffic, so you have to slam on your brakes and then have to wait.

Old 05-02-2007, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Red light runners.

People who can't park. YOU HAVE TO DO IT EVERYTIME YOU STOP THE CAR, YOU MIGHT AS WELL LEARN HOW TO DO IT CORRECTLY!!!
Old 05-02-2007, 09:50 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by i_heart_my_DB8,May 2 2007, 08:51 PM
Red light runners.
I hear ya on this one...running red lights has become an epidemic here. You can COUNT on every single red light being run by at least two cars nowadays. People can be 20 feet away from a light when it turns RED and still go barreling through.

On a side note to people listing tailgaters, I have a peeve on the opposite view (though I also hate tailgaters).
When people pull out in front of you and then go slower than the posted speed, and then brake-check you because you are right behind them due to their impatience. DO NOT BRAKE-CHECK ME WHEN YOU ARE DOING 20 IN A 40!!! This has happened to me a couple times.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:17 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

People who buy baby bluish, pinkish, lavenderish color cars and then drive them in public, making me waste valuable time wondering what kind of deal they got on them to make them buy them, and hurting my eyes to boot.

Quick Reply: Pet Peeves on the road