Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Pet Peeves on the road

Old 05-02-2007, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bboy AJ,May 1 2007, 08:23 PM
Why do people speed up when you try to pass them? I am not instigating anything by passing you, I would just like to drive at a faster speed than which you are going.
In Colorado, this must be a rule on the drivers exam. Only it's worse because it's the left lane cruisers who do it. There's nothing worse than when there's some schmuck doping along in the left lane. You go to try to pass them on the right, and they will speed up and intentionally tail the person in front of them by a few feet or less just to make sure you can't get in front of them... This absolutely enrages me, and I've only ever witnessed it in CO...
Old 05-02-2007, 07:13 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Minivans. I haven't EVER seen anyone driving a minivan that had a CLUE what was happening on the road.

Semis who pass each other JUST as I get to them. I swear they do this on purpose when the see the little sports car coming.

People that screw up and honk at ME!? I was in the far right lane aproaching an intersection and a guy in a motor home decided to turn right on red from the cross street RIGHT in front of me. I honked, swerved into the middle lane, then back to the right once I was clear. Then he HONKED at me.

People that cut me off, then go slow.

People that go slow with no on in front of them.

Tailgaters.

People that won't let anyone merge in (Hey, Dumbass, that just slows down EVERYONE! )

People that wait until the last second to merge. (Yeah, it's related to the one above, if people merged early, and let others in, merges wouldn't be so slow.)
Old 05-02-2007, 07:28 AM

camrys! camry drivers are the slowest people on the planet. they are everywhere. everytime you pass a slow one going under the speed limit on the left lane, you see another one.

tailgaters

cellphones - talking on them and people text messaging.

people who drives over puddles of water on the side of the road. I swear this always happens when I get my car washed. the lanes are 12 feet wide! use the rest of the lane.

people who sits in the middle of an intersection because there is too much traffic infront of them to make the light. it just blocks traffic because no one can get through.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great thread. We all have rage.

Exiting my cul-de-sac neighborhood every day to go to work, I make a left across a busy six lane (3 each direction) road from a stop sign (just me, not the busy road). There is a left-turn lane, usually empty, in between the opposing lanes so typically I scoot into that and wait for a gap to continue on the far side of the road.

My pet peeve there? Folks who don't know moving into the middle lane is legal (or whatever?) and wait for a clear shot across the whole road. Dumb-@sses. In my rage-ier moments I pull around them, stopped at the sign, and show 'em how it is done.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:40 AM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

People that stop or almost stop on on ramps.

People that see you with your blinker on trying to merge and speed up to block you.

People that pass, pull right in front and slam on brakes to turn.

People that pull out of a side roadwhen it's not really safe and drive slowly.

People that stop in the road while they decide if they really want to turn.

People who turn and stop as soon as they clear the traffic lane leaving the cars that are following them hanging out in traffic.

Generally rude drivers.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:41 AM

Received 229 Likes on 162 Posts

Semis that pass other semis while ON A HILL are a huge pet peeve of mine! Argh! At least wait until you can actually MAINTAIN THE SPEED LIMIT before you try and pass someone.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:01 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

People who, when you do them a favor and let them merge in front of you, don't even acknowledge it with a raised hand or wave. I'm not talking about double merges, like zipper merges. I mean when I go out of my way, slow down, cutting someone a break because I'm being polite. And then they drive away without even the slightest recognition that someone just treated them nicely.

And all the other things mentioned here too

Old 05-02-2007, 08:04 AM

People who run stop signs making a right, cutting me off, then driving below the speed limit.

Recently: at a red light and I'm making a right. Car in front sits at the light, then out of the blue decides to turn. OK, but then they have no idea where they're going because (duh) that wasn't the way they were going, so they drive really really slow. Has happened to me twice in the last week.

Braking while merging onto a highway

People who don't signal

Ricers, and all types of ricer driving

Ford Taurus, nuff said

Inexplicable lane changes on the highway (i.e. - doing 52 in the right lane, then decide to move into the middle lane for no reason)

Tailgating in a long line of traffic, like driving through me will suddenly get them around all the other traffic too

headlights aimed too high
Old 05-02-2007, 08:43 AM

Received 229 Likes on 162 Posts

Braking while merging - I forgot about that! I have an elevated onramp that I have to use every morning and you have to be ready to merge instantly. I can't stand it when people go slowly up the ramp, then STOP so that they can merge. It's a tough place to merge so you HAVE to match the speed of the traffic on the loop. Ticks me off because people are constantly having near misses due to idiotic driving.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:51 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate when people follow two close. I have to go really really slow on the turn to the road my house is on so i don't scrape. And all theses assholes honk and give me the finger because i slow down, and don't get me started on teenage girls on a cellphone that couldn't drive in the first place

Quick Reply: Pet Peeves on the road