Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Pet Peeves on the road

Old 05-01-2007, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ppl that switch lanes without signaling

ppl that makes a right turn in the middle of the right lane, not the rightside of the right lane where they're supposed to. they slow downright in the middle of the right lane to about 10mph then turn.

ppl that drive in the fast lane @ 65mph

ppl that drive the same speed as you even when they see your signal

ppl that talk on the cell and is completely numb of their surroundings

ppl that tailgates me..

thats about it.. i think.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:06 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Hands down, my worst pet peeve is the left lane drivers that go slow and NEVER move over . I'll honk at them / flash my lights until they move over. I hate having to go in the right lane and risk getting a ticket, just to pass them. And yes, I have heard of someone getting a ticket for passing an idiot fixated on the left lane under the speed limit

Other things to mention in no particular order: Cell phone drivers, soccer moms driving BIG ASS SUVs for 1 kid, tailgaters, OLD dangerous drivers, the smoker people. There are more but those are the ones that come to mind.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:39 PM

USE YOUR F**KING BLINKER, PEOPLE!!!

(oh, and turn your headlights on in the rain.)

Old 05-01-2007, 10:51 PM

People driving ridiculously slow in the carpool lane during rush hour...the carpool lane was put there for a reason

When I give a signal to change lanes the car a little behind in the other lane I want to enter speeds up...this ALWAYS seems to happen down here in SoCal

Rubbernecking

Tailgaters

USE YOUR F**KING BLINKER, PEOPLE!!!
Agreed.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by Spec_Ops2087,May 2 2007, 01:06 AM
Hands down, my worst pet peeve is the left lane drivers that go slow and NEVER move over . I'll honk at them / flash my lights until they move over. I hate having to go in the right lane and risk getting a ticket, just to pass them. And yes, I have heard of someone getting a ticket for passing an idiot fixated on the left lane under the speed limit
I've never thought about the possibility of getting a ticket for doing that. Now THAT would really piss me off. People have no concept of the passing lane. It is not, in fact "the fast lane". Some people think if they are going faster than the speed limit, they should be in the fast lane.

An earlier poster really got it right- I hate driving here, after driving in Germany and in Germany I drove a diesel Ford Focus, here I drive an S2000...
Old 05-02-2007, 05:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Something that happens to me quite often and happened to me this morning that always pisses me off:
I hate when people turning from a side street to a main road I am on,
gets in front of me almost causing an accident(due to lack of timing the turn right),
then goes 10 miles slower than the speed limit!
and the kicker is there is no cars behind me!!

God dang it people, at least drive the speed limit or wait 5 seconds to turn after a car passes!!
Old 05-02-2007, 06:08 AM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by CKit,May 1 2007, 11:25 PM
I'm past the 1200 mile break in period now... maybe we'll see each other at a stop light? I just hope it's rainy out....

Around here there mostly older folks in these cars and they just don't drive them hard.... not sure why a 55 year old would want a car with a semi harsh ride but never use the power. The one guy is one of my neighbors. He just traded a S4 and M3 in for an RS4, but would probably be much happier with the ride of an A6.

They just never floor it, never see the redline, etc..... blaaaaaa....

I took him in my typhoon and did a lauch as the power was pulling through the brakes then i let off the brakes as we rocketed all over the place...... ahaha...
Old 05-02-2007, 06:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i hate Scot.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:29 AM

Received 229 Likes on 162 Posts

+52 for tailgaters. I'm less worried in my wife's Accord, since it doesn't brake particularly well compared to most cars and it's a beater anyways.

In the S2000, though, I know that I can stop quite a bit sooner and whoever is behind me is going to plow into the back of me. It's especially bad when it's a driver that's chatting on the cell phone at 70 mph on a narrow highway (due to construction) with no place for them to go if I have to stop in a hurry.

Other than that, I hate diesel pickups that shower me (and the car) in smoke and soot when they pin the throttle. Argh!

Other than that, I hate people that ride slow in the left lane, then come swinging over to the right to get off on the exit they completely ignored until 0.002s before they have to move over. Almost as bad are driver's that speed in the left lane, then swing over to grab an exit, nearly killing 42 people in the process.

Last but not least, I hate people that drive with open trailers or pickup beds that have a ton of trash in them. That stuff DOES fly out at 50+ mph, people!
Old 05-02-2007, 06:44 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by j03chu,May 1 2007, 09:55 PM
ppl that makes a right turn in the middle of the right lane, not the rightside of the right lane where they're supposed to. they slow downright in the middle of the right lane to about 10mph then turn.
This mirrors another one of mine when people get ready to pull into the center "safety" lane to make a left turn on a main road.
Get over into the center lane, THEN brake. Don't brake right in front of me and bring the entire driving lane from 45 to 20 because you are afraid to pull over at speed.

I must say most of the others people have mentioned get to me too. Oblivious cellphone drivers and tailgaters are up there in my top 3 as well.

Quick Reply: Pet Peeves on the road