Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Pet Peeves on the road

Old 05-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Pet Peeves on the road

Another contemplative mood for me today after encountering a few idiots on the road. What sort of things do other drivers do fairly consistantly that drives you up a wall?

My biggest pet peeve has become more and more apparent to me recently. It used to be a small annoyance until one time it caused an accident and hurt my sweet S.

I cant stand people who angle themselves at stop signs in preperation for a turn onto a main road (that does not have a stop, mind you) effectively taking up the entire road and making it hard for people trying to turn off the main drag to get by without running wide. I have had at least 15 viewed occurances, and 4 of which, the person at the stop does not pay attention to the oncoming car turning in front of them (ME) and starts to drive. One time a lady hit me, the others, people have looked after I floor it to get out of their way. I've gotten to the point where I'm paranoid and will stop in the middle of the road even though I have the right-of-way and glare at the person since they make it nearly impossible for me to get by without risking another collision from their inability to stay in their own lane and be aware of their surroundings. Most of the time, they look back sheepishly and back up, others think I'm being nice and they just go.

Old 05-01-2007, 06:48 PM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

when people are parked at a stop sign like that I purposely damn near run into them just to scare them a bit. once in a while i will watch their faces...kind of funny..... funnier when i am in my F250 4x4 crewcab.... my hood is higher than most cars.....

I am an offensive driver instead of a defensive driver, but I have not been in any accidents since i was 18 so.... seems to work.

like most S2000 owners;

I hate left lane drivers.... left lane is for passing then getting back into the right lane...

I hate inattentive cell phone drivers.... or actually any inattentive driver....

I hate most old drivers....they are usually super slow since their systems can't handle fast reactions... blaa..... hell most 80 year olds can't even figure out how to back out of a parking space in a reasonable amount of time...they really shouldn't be on the road.

I hate when people flick lit cigarettes out the window to lodge into my grill.

I hate when people drive a 1984 dodge mini van that puts out a smoke cloud the size of texas....

I hate people who have Audi RS4's or M3's who won't race me when we are both 1st a wide open street light.

Old 05-01-2007, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine is without a doubt the left lane slow poke.

here in GA it seems every car with a FL tag parks itself in the left lane. the entire highway can be clear as day, but there will be one beige Mercury Grand Marquis/Crown Victoria/Cadillac DTS with FL tags puttering along in the passing lane.

my feelings of rage were particularly acute last summer when i came back from Germany after 2 weeks at the World Cup & Autobahn heaven... it feels like just yesterday we were flogging a rented diesel VW Passat wagon to within an inch of it's life.

i also can't understand why people buy vehicles they cannot park. the parking deck in work was blocked the other day by this tiny itty bitty lady who was try to back a Lincoln Navigator into a spot near a pillar and she was was not having much success lining it up. so she kept driving forward and backward trying to line it up while block cars waiting to pass.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate young kids in nice cars who think they're better than me because of their car. Your dad bought you it. Get over it.

I don't like younger girls who have no patience on the road and belittle every other driver out there, like they are some sort of Schumacher.

I can't stand left lane drivers.

Why do people speed up when you try to pass them? I am not instigating anything by passing you, I would just like to drive at a faster speed than which you are going.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

add to the above tail-gaters...

in heavy traffic and at stop lights is where this is an issue- otherwise, i dont have to worry about anyone keeping up to tailgate!
i never understand why some folks think that they need to drive on my bumper- and i know that they have no chance of stopping as quickly as i can, if i have to!!
Old 05-01-2007, 08:21 PM

Sitting behind large vehicles, where I cannot see whats generally happening in front of the vehicle in front of me.

I.e. Are they driving too slow for a reason!?
Old 05-01-2007, 08:25 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Scot,May 1 2007, 06:48 PM
I hate people who have Audi RS4's or M3's who won't race me when we are both 1st a wide open street light.
I'm past the 1200 mile break in period now... maybe we'll see each other at a stop light? I just hope it's rainy out....

Pet Peeves:
People who race to pull in front of you... then drive under the speed limit.
People who drive the same speed as the person in the lane next to them.
People driving in the fast lane 1mph faster than the people in the middle lanes... takes them 4 minutes to pass a car and wander out of the "fast" lane.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by CKit,May 2 2007, 02:25 PM
People who drive the same speed as the person in the lane next to them.

Old 05-01-2007, 08:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wanabe,May 1 2007, 11:07 PM
add to the above tail-gaters...

in heavy traffic and at stop lights is where this is an issue- otherwise, i dont have to worry about anyone keeping up to tailgate!
i never understand why some folks think that they need to drive on my bumper- and i know that they have no chance of stopping as quickly as i can, if i have to!!
+1 on the tail-gaters.

One a one lane road with traffic, there is always a domestic(sorry if I am stereotyping) truck/suv tail-gating. As if I can go any faster. It annoys me especially at night with their lights on. Auto-dimming mirror will fix that.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:52 PM

i hate people who cant admit/bother to admit they did something wrong.

if you did something wrong, just say sorry by raising you hand. thats all, dont flick off the guy whom you almost hit with your car because you failed to signal or you came into his lane and almost cost an accident to occur.

LEARN TO SAY SORRY WHEN YOU DID SOMETHING WRONG BITCHES!

Quick Reply: Pet Peeves on the road