Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

One Extremely Nice Subaru STI

Old 02-24-2010, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alex s,Feb 24 2010, 07:59 PM
shit, the hate on this SITE now is amusing.

S2KI: now sponsored by Haterade!
The OP said "one nice Subaru" and I disagree... why does that make me a hater? I like Sti's, I owned one for 2 years... I don't like that one at all. Free country and all... Who made you to forum hate popo?
Old 02-24-2010, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by y2ks2k,Feb 24 2010, 11:32 PM
The OP said "one nice Subaru" and I disagree... why does that make me a hater?
St4rk would have you believe that you don't like it because you can't afford it.

I mean, after all, why are you driving a Honda, homeslice?
Old 02-24-2010, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by y2ks2k,Feb 24 2010, 07:52 PM
As a person with common sense, Id pass on that one...
Fixed.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:38 PM

beautiful
Old 02-24-2010, 09:15 PM

Received 118 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by luder_5555,Feb 24 2010, 04:42 PM
wow i need to proof read my posts, especially when i'm tired.

what i was trying to say is that i like the idea of wide tires. but when you have to run that much camber to make them fit you and up with an overall smaller contact patch. so no matter what tire he is running he would have less grip than the same tire in stock size with stock allignment specs
I see what you are getting at, but keep in mind that a car can have static camber that seems detrimental to the contact patch, but the dynamic camber is actually perfect.

On my Miata, the front has less negative static camber than the rear. But the dynamic camber is (theoretically) the same.

The car leans and the tires do too.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:00 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

nice looking car, though i've seen the taillights executed much better (can't remember what was done exactly now...)

a properly done 35r STi would need a rebuilt engine otherwise it's on borrowed time. without fully opening up the potentials of the gt35r (fuel upgrades, race gas, etc) the Evo has always been the winner of the two in that department. however the 2.5L in the STi does help spool and low torque quite a bit off-boost on pump gas though. An Evo on pump gas with a 35R is a DOG to drive...only fun for a few RPM and that's after you count to 20 with the accelerator WELDED to the floor waiting for the damn turbo to spool

regarding the comments about crappy tires...i purposely put craptastic tires on my RSTi so i wouldn't have so much damn grip with my AWD It's very fun to slide around when you can and have some fun even on the streets (obviously away from traffic, etc)...AWD is too precise sometimes, which is why my Evo X is so damn fun in the corners (also has "cheap" tires [just cheaper than the OEM])
Old 02-25-2010, 06:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All the people complaining about haters here should realize that those comments are extremely mild when compared to the bashing we GR owners get from our GD "brethren" over on Subaru forums.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:52 AM

I'm finding it humerous that some people here are surprised or even take offence to the negative comments.

You post a car on the net you're bound to see a full spectrum of comments....haven't some of you learned that yet??
Old 02-25-2010, 09:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see what you are getting at, but keep in mind that a car can have static camber that seems detrimental to the contact patch, but the dynamic camber is actually perfect.

On my Miata, the front has less negative static camber than the rear. But the dynamic camber is (theoretically) the same.

The car leans and the tires do too.

i know what you are saying, and very much agree. but there is a point at which there is too much camber for that to work. though looking back at the pictures it may or may not be too much. it all depends on how his suspention is set up.

i still stand by my statement that a car should handle better after putting that much money into suspention, wheels and tires. but i guess that to him form is more important than function. which is why his car is 100x's more likely to make a car mag or car show.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:49 AM
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 44 Posts

The people who are whining about me calling them haters is amusing.

Quick Reply: One Extremely Nice Subaru STI