Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Oh Look, all you Genesis Coupe Naysayers! ;)

Old 02-27-2009, 07:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh Look, all you Genesis Coupe Naysayers! ;)

link removed - post the link to the original article, not a link to another link.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

no one hates it lol
Old 02-27-2009, 07:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They dyno so much.....
Old 02-27-2009, 07:21 AM
Former Moderator

do you really need to include shit in your title? don't answer that.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:31 AM

So have the hyundai smack talkers just organized or have they been laying in wait, frustrated the past 20 years hoping they could start talking some smack?
Old 02-27-2009, 07:33 AM

Apparently there's a forum rule that every car must have a champion to tirelessly defend it against any slight, real or imagined. The GT-R has a guy whose name I've forgotten because I've got him blocked, the FD RX-7 has that ZX-11 guy, whose name I'm forgetting because I've got him blocked, and now the Genesis has xxForged-something, whose name I'm likewise forgetting because I've got him blocked too.

I'm imagining these guys at home in front of their keyboards, faces turning purple, blood vessels in their necks throbbing, whenever anyone casually mentions that they like a car that's 0.1 seconds slower in the quarter mile or that makes 5 less horses than the Chosen One.

Edit: Typo fix.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:37 AM

Received 522 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by PedalFaster,Feb 27 2009, 08:33 AM
Apparently there's a forum rule that every car must have a the champion to tirelessly defend it against any slight, real or imagined. The GT-R has a guy whose name I've forgotten because I've got him blocked, the FD RX-7 has that ZX-11 guy, whose name I'm forgetting because I've got him blocked, and now the Genesis has xxForged-something, whose name I'm likewise forgetting because I've got him blocked too.

I'm imagining these guys at home in front of their keyboards, faces turning purple, blood vessels in their necks throbbing, whenever anyone casually mentions that they like a car that's 0.1 seconds slower in the quarter mile or that makes 5 less horses than the Chosen One.
BMWs and...
lol, sorry Oneshot, too good of an opportunity, had to take it.
Oh and then there's me: devout political moderate, Honda contrarian, defender of all that is domestic sportscars despite owning an s2000, lol.
And my face turns a particular shade of Ford blue when I have to constantly defender the current gen mustangs, vettes, solstices, and remind folks that euro fords are volvos or mazdas, etc etc.
Course, I'm kidding a bit.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by PedalFaster,Feb 27 2009, 12:33 PM
Apparently there's a forum rule that every car must have a the champion to tirelessly defend it against any slight, real or imagined. The GT-R has a guy whose name I've forgotten because I've got him blocked, the FD RX-7 has that ZX-11 guy, whose name I'm forgetting because I've got him blocked, and now the Genesis has xxForged-something, whose name I'm likewise forgetting because I've got him blocked too.
made my day at work just a lil bit better
Old 02-27-2009, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by HotDamnitsDavid,Feb 27 2009, 11:17 AM
They dyno so much.....
That's an extremely optimistic dyno to get 303 hp for the G37. Considering the G37 usually dynos at the 275-285 range, I'd think the Genesis will show around 255-265 range - still nice numbers. Hey, xxForgedxx, I thought the VQ37 only made 258 hp at the wheels, what happened here? Seems like your in a Catch 22 - either the beloved Genesis makes way less than the advertised 306 or the VQ37 makes more than your willing to admit. Just goes to show that 2 different dynos on 2 different days can rarely be accurately compared.

Just as a note, the G37 won nearly every category - only to be beat out via price. The Genesis seems like a nice car, but to say that its better than the G37 is to say that the 370z is better than the Cayman S cause Car and Driver said it was better considering price, despite losing almost every category as well.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:59 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

It won, but look at the first paragraph under "On the Road":

"If this contest were boiled down to the driving experience alone, the win would go to the 2009 Infiniti G37. It is the better driving car. Its suspension offers a better compromise between a comfortable ride and crisp handling, its engine is better suited to the character of a sport coupe, and all its controls provide better feel and response. Even its steering, which at first seems to be artificially cursed with too much effort, comes alive at speed to inform its driver precisely how much cornering grip remains at the front tires. It's a well-refined formula that Nissan has nailed on all its FM-platform cars."

If the G37 is a better DRIVING and HANDLING car than the Genesis Coupe, the Genesis probably won't give me a whole lot of shivers of excitement. I love the looks of the G37 and it's a nice car to drive but it's no sports car. If it's sportier than the Genesis Coupe, I think I'll be somewhat disappointed as a PERFORMANCE enthusiast.

I'm still very impressed with the Genesis Coupe (and Sedan) as a first-try at a RWD platform from Hyundai. These cars will be a huge hit and probably the cars that will "make" Hyundai a true competitor.

Quick Reply: Oh Look, all you Genesis Coupe Naysayers! ;)