Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Official BMW M6 Pictures

Old 01-18-2005, 02:58 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's funny how some folks share that the 6 and 7 series are UGLY. I don't believe so. I think they stand out and when they are in motion, OMG, they are gorgeous! I love the 7 series sedans and if money were no...well, if money were no object, I'd drive all sorts of cars, but if I needed a beast of a sedan, the 7 series would be my choice. I have total respect for the land yacht.

Now, for the 6 series, OMG! Niiiiiiiiiiiice! I love the 6 series and never miss one on the road. The new M6, all I gotta say is, THANK YOU BMW for bringing this beast into the US! I can't wait for my eyes to lay on one.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't necessarily think BMW's new cars are ugly. They're just not the design leaders anymore to me. That, and the new 6 exterior lacks character period. The original shark had more to it than this 6.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:07 PM

Most of the 6s I see in Los Angeles are the 645 Ci Convertible. I've got to say this car looks hot as a coupe, and ridiculous as a convertible. The convertible looks too much like a Chrysler Sebring. I guess I just feel that convertibles should not be this big, and they definitely should NOT have back seats.

But that's just me...
Old 01-18-2005, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by lyndon_h,Jan 18 2005, 02:48 PM
Such an ugly car. Its a shame that the motor has to be wasted on such an ugly exterior.

Ugliest Bimmer yet.......
Old 01-18-2005, 04:32 PM

I haven't been a fan of BMW's recent releases. The M3 is their only decent looking car, IMO. The new M6... nice engine, wheels, carbon fiber top. Body is okay, not great. There are better looking cars on the road. And I agree with CBeyond about the Sebring. The interior looks horrible. The steering wheel needs to change and the wood looks fake. I prefer the simple interior BMW used on their E36s. BMW ought to take some lessons from Audi on interior design. An Audi A8 body with BMW suspension and engine would be nice.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by CBeyond,Jan 18 2005, 07:07 PM
.....The convertible looks too much like a Chrysler Sebring. ...
Not trying to argue here but a lot of times on the road when I see a silver Sebring coming the other way, I mistake it for an S2000.

As for the M6, I'll have to see it in person but i have a feeling it will grow on me. They usually all do.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:16 PM

My buddy Richard has a 645 slammed on 22's, full hamman kit, custom painted, clean as h3ll. I swung through Kirkland one evening and there happened to be a group of cars, Porsches, M3's, my buddy's 645 Ci made everyone else look plain as shit. Anyone local should use Bel Red Auto Rebuild as a reference on repairs... check em out

I wouldn't have seen the potential in the 6 series til I saw my partner car... M6 will be dope.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that wood trim needs to go. instead, replace it with with cabonfiber...and none of that fake sh!t either...
Old 01-19-2005, 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by derryck,Jan 18 2005, 03:55 PM
I love that car but will not own a 'sports car' without a true manual tranny. BMW is rumored to only be offering SMG style tranny's in all future M cars so they have lost me as a customer...back to P-cars.
i'm sure at one point in history, some individual said the same thing in regards to power steering, or lsd, or synchros, etc. reality is that automobiles evolve and so do drivers. i'm sure one day, cars with a manual tranny would be look down on as being inconsistent and "slow" in regards to performance. now, i'm not trying to put manual trannys down, cuz i love them myself, but at the same time, sequential trannys, to me, are pretty impressive as well, and are definitely the future of performance automobiles whether you like it or not.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by Cayenne_S2000,Jan 18 2005, 05:32 PM
I prefer the simple interior BMW used on their E36s. BMW ought to take some lessons from Audi on interior design. An Audi A8 body with BMW suspension and engine would be nice.
the interior of the e36 is anything but "simple". it's got too many buttons, placed too close together, and in the most ackward places. it's nearly impossible to shift quickly without accidentally hitting some sort of button on the center console, and when you plug in a radar detector?? forget it!! you'll end up with bruised knuckles by the end of your drive. i guess what i'm trying to say is that the ergonomics in the e36 sucks. as for the audis, if you've seen the new a6 and a8, you'll notice that they are deviating from the "simple" and "clean" interior that granted them their reputation. they're still nicer than bmw interiors, but they're no longer "simple".

Quick Reply: Official BMW M6 Pictures