Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

NSX Unveiling in 4 Hours

Old 01-09-2012, 02:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I totally agree. I'd love an NSX successor, but why do they have to cram the hybrid powertrain, awd, and the extra cost and weight that comes with it? Give me a relatively simple, badass sports car that competes w/ a base C6 but w/ better styling and quality, and I'd be happy.

Originally Posted by wrecked
Still think they should have just released a slightly toned down street version of the HSV as the new NSX. None of this hybrid/ auto shit.

Old 01-09-2012, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They need to make that and something to compete with the 370z in terms of price
Old 01-09-2012, 02:21 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Laughs at most all. Since most of us cannot afford the car when it actually comes out (especially since the world will be a VERY different place by then), saying, "I'd never buy it" or "I'd buy this or that first" is funny.

One, internet pictures usually do not give a true perspective. Two, that pictured white car, imo- one contrived by someone who cannot afford ish right now, looks goofy.

I like the picture of the front 3/4 angle.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

personally, i think it looks good.

exterior design aside, i don't understand what all this chatter about "Acura/Honda should have gone with this, done that, and none of that SH-AWD+hybrid tech."

it's a concept car, people. who cares. wait for the car to come out of the production line and let it speak for itself.

first, people complain that Honda has become boring, blah blah blah. Now that Honda is unveiling the return of the NSX, people complain about its looks and gripe about drive platform.

the fact that Honda chose to bring back the NSX is a good thing for the enthusiast community, no? Shouldn't we at least be excited and glad with this bit of news?

geeez, sometimes i wonder why manufacturers even try. No matter what is produced, people are never happy and always find something to complain about.

/end rant.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by sparrow
Originally Posted by LowFlyin'' timestamp='1326145201' post='21300610
[quote name='sparrow' timestamp='1326144937' post='21300594']
[quote name='LowFlyin'' timestamp='1326144474' post='21300547']
Things I would rather have than the new NSX.

2012 Mustang GT/Boss 302
You've gon full retard
Really?

Have you seen the specs for that car?
[/quote]
You must be new here.
[/quote]

New? Hardly. I just prefer things that are fun to drive. I realize this thing isn't available to drive yet...but judging fromt he styling and Honda's past decade of history I'm pretty sure this will pale in comparison to moniker it is meant to replace.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by FF2Skip
Laughs at most all. Since most of us cannot afford the car when it actually comes out (especially since the world will be a VERY different place by then), saying, "I'd never buy it" or "I'd buy this or that first" is funny.

One, internet pictures usually do not give a true perspective. Two, that pictured white car, imo- one contrived by someone who cannot afford ish right now, looks goofy.

I agree. 2050 is a long time from now.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:29 PM

And folks concerned with it slated to be built in the US are uneducated. Uneducated about the process in which a car is built these days. Uneducated about the business side of things.

Our currency stacks up how against other world currencies? Against the euro, sure, we've gained ground because they are floundering more than we are. Against everyone else, the dollar sucks. "Skip, what's your effin point?" Importing a US car to other countries is cheaper for the end country because of our weak dollar. Also, despite our weak economy, we're still a country of excess.

As for quality builds, most everything is machine assembled. Do you think this car will be assembled like the old NSX and S2000? Really?
Old 01-09-2012, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by s2kpdx01
Originally Posted by FF2Skip' timestamp='1326151271' post='21300958

I agree. 2050 is a long time from now.
I won't even be here to ring in 2030.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wrecked
Still think they should have just released a slightly toned down street version of the HSV as the new NSX. None of this hybrid/ auto shit.

It didnt wow me and my first impression was that it looked r8ish. But damn I was really hoping it would look like a toned down version of this. Oh well maybe they can take some qualitys from this design and make a new s2k
Old 01-09-2012, 02:56 PM

Received 113 Likes on 74 Posts

wow i actually like it if they fix that back and make it less "beaky". But if this comes out within the next 2-3 years id consider it high on the list if it releases under $150k. compared to the r8 and gt3 rs i was looking at it might be much more enjoyable to drive. But i don't really want sh-awd, just adds weight and less enjoyable. Drove the r8 v8 and v10 multiple times and just didn't really like it much. Same goes for the gtr and zr1. Hvn't driven the gt3 rs tho

Quick Reply: NSX Unveiling in 4 Hours