Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

NSX Unveiling in 4 Hours

Old 02-08-2012, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by urbanglowcam
I don't know why the Crossfire even came into the discussion. I'm not bagging on the car, but it's nowhere near as nice as the NSX concept nor is it remotely close in terms of class.
Oh, dunno. You'll have to ask i_heart_my_DB8 , the guy who loves unreliable, overweight, and overpriced English sports cars.

BTW they announced back in 2009 that they will be reviving this hugely successful blast from the past in 2012.........The Lagonda

What an itty bitty grille for such a biiiiig hood.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by SpudRacer
Originally Posted by han racer' timestamp='1328668825' post='21393960
Dear God man, I respect opinions but don't delude yourself into thinking that anyone shares your sentiment regarding a Crossfire being a better looking car than the NSX concept... I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you are in the overwhelming minority with this opinion. "Classic flowing curves"? Not at all, it looks like a dog thats taking a shit.
I don't post much, but sometimes I feel like I just need to slap people back into reality here..I mean really.
So.....what are you saying? What I'm hearing is that while a 51% majority of the car buying public would clearly choose the overly busy looking NSX, there is a minority 49% who would choose the more sophisticated look of a Crossfire. That sounds about right based on my experience.

And the rules don't allow you to steal material from tall flabby Englishmen with huge floppy jowls who can't even fit in a sports car let alone judge a beauty contest. However, as long as you've chosen to shamelessly stick your hand in that sticky, lint filled pocket, what sort of dog are we talking about? Greyhound or Basset Hound? Old or young? Male or female? Three legs or four?
Where are you getting 51%? I think 95% would choose the NSX over the Crossfire.

The Crossfire is the only car that I ever thought looked dated the SECOND time I saw one. The first time it took me by surprise as it went past and I thought it looked cool, then the second time I got a better look and hated the lines on the hood and the lame chrysler grill.

Weren't they selling at a deep discount at the end of their run because nobody was buying?

I'm not knocking the car, and if you have an srt6, I think that's cool, especially if you enjoy the look of it. But it's not a car that most people find beautiful.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by bloodzombie
Originally Posted by SpudRacer' timestamp='1328733442' post='21396631
[quote name='han racer' timestamp='1328668825' post='21393960']
Dear God man, I respect opinions but don't delude yourself into thinking that anyone shares your sentiment regarding a Crossfire being a better looking car than the NSX concept... I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you are in the overwhelming minority with this opinion. "Classic flowing curves"? Not at all, it looks like a dog thats taking a shit.
I don't post much, but sometimes I feel like I just need to slap people back into reality here..I mean really.
So.....what are you saying? What I'm hearing is that while a 51% majority of the car buying public would clearly choose the overly busy looking NSX, there is a minority 49% who would choose the more sophisticated look of a Crossfire. That sounds about right based on my experience.

And the rules don't allow you to steal material from tall flabby Englishmen with huge floppy jowls who can't even fit in a sports car let alone judge a beauty contest. However, as long as you've chosen to shamelessly stick your hand in that sticky, lint filled pocket, what sort of dog are we talking about? Greyhound or Basset Hound? Old or young? Male or female? Three legs or four?

The Crossfire is the only car that I ever thought looked dated the SECOND time I saw one. The first time it took me by surprise as it went past and I thought it looked cool, then the second time I got a better look and hated the lines on the hood and the lame chrysler grill.

Weren't they selling at a deep discount at the end of their run because nobody was buying?

I'm not knocking the car, and if you have an srt6, I think that's cool, especially if you enjoy the look of it. But it's not a car that most people find beautiful.
[/quote]

No dude they were selling at a steep discount from the day they were introduced because no one was gonna fork over $47,595 for a funky looking Chrysler in 2005 especially when they had no idea it was actually a Mercedes SLK32 AMG. Some cars sat on dealer lots for over a year before Chrysler bought up a big chunk of the inventory and sold them off at auction to move em off the books. Today the trend continues. The things are dirt cheap performance fun, unique looking, very rare, with a great story behind them.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by bloodzombie
Originally Posted by SpudRacer' timestamp='1328733442' post='21396631

[/quote]

He is Shallow Hal for cars.. he thinks his crossfire is beautiful. Don't burst his bubble.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by urbanglowcam' timestamp='1328676448' post='21394263
I don't know why the Crossfire even came into the discussion. I'm not bagging on the car, but it's nowhere near as nice as the NSX concept nor is it remotely close in terms of class.
Oh, dunno. You'll have to ask i_heart_my_DB8 , the guy who loves unreliable, overweight, and overpriced English sports cars.
HA! I wish. The DB8 in my screen name refers not to an Aston Martin, but to the 4 door Integra sedan way back when. I gotta change my name the next time I pony up $20 for membership, it's altogether too clumsy to say or type, and everyone assumes I'm wealthy. (I am not).

And while I do appreciate your enthusiasm and loyalty, I won't even engage with you in an educated comparison of aesthetics between the NSX concept and your Crossfire. Based on what I've read from you in the past few posts, I feel like it'd be as pointless as trying to teach a bathtub how to rhyme.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by unison21
Originally Posted by bloodzombie' timestamp='1328734882' post='21396727
[quote name='SpudRacer' timestamp='1328733442' post='21396631']

[/quote]

He is Shallow Hal for cars.. he thinks his crossfire is beautiful. Don't burst his bubble.
[/quote]

Ummmm.....I would be the opposite of Shallow Hal brainiac since I love the ugly duckling that the rest of tasteless clods are unable to appreciate. While you on the other hand care only about the flashy overwrought outer wrapper without looking for the inner beauty. That makes you Shallow Hal. Please read up on the concept of similes and metaphors and try again. Californians!
Old 02-08-2012, 03:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ummmm.....I would be the opposite of Shallow Hal brainiac since I love the ugly duckling that the rest of tasteless clods are unable to appreciate. While you on the other hand care only about the flashy overwrought outer wrapper without looking for the inner beauty. That makes you Shallow Hal. Please read up on the concept of similes and metaphors and try again. Californians!
not sure if serious. he was referencing the movie shallow hal where the guy sees ugly girls as hot.... he's saying you see the crossfire as good looking when most think it's ugly....
Old 02-08-2012, 04:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Crossfires are pretty ugly, much like a shitting dog. Seriously suggesting 51% would choose the NSX' styling over the Crossfire inspires mega lulz
Old 02-08-2012, 04:40 PM

He actually nailed that metaphor. At least you're able to admit that it's the ugly duckling but you appreciate it for what it is anyway. So how did this whole conversation start?
Old 02-08-2012, 04:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by i_heart_my_DB8
Originally Posted by SpudRacer' timestamp='1328575712' post='21389850
While I think the NSX concept that Honda unveiled is ugly as hell

Originally Posted by unison21
Originally Posted by bloodzombie' timestamp='1328734882' post='21396727
[quote name='SpudRacer' timestamp='1328733442' post='21396631'][quote name='han racer' timestamp='1328668825' post='21393960']Dear God man, I respect opinions but don't delude yourself into thinking that anyone shares your sentiment regarding a Crossfire being a better looking car than the NSX concept... I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you are in the overwhelming minority with this opinion. "Classic flowing curves"? Not at all, it looks like a dog thats taking a shit. I don't post much, but sometimes I feel like I just need to slap people back into reality here..I mean really.
So.....what are you saying? What I'm hearing is that while a 51% majority of the car buying public would clearly choose the overly busy looking NSX, there is a minority 49% who would choose the more sophisticated look of a Crossfire. That sounds about right based on my experience.And the rules don't allow you to steal material from tall flabby Englishmen with huge floppy jowls who can't even fit in a sports car let alone judge a beauty contest. However, as long as you've chosen to shamelessly stick your hand in that sticky, lint filled pocket, what sort of dog are we talking about? Greyhound or Basset Hound? Old or young? Male or female? Three legs or four?
Where are you getting 51%? I think 95% would choose the NSX over the Crossfire. The Crossfire is the only car that I ever thought looked dated the SECOND time I saw one. The first time it took me by surprise as it went past and I thought it looked cool, then the second time I got a better look and hated the lines on the hood and the lame chrysler grill. Weren't they selling at a deep discount at the end of their run because nobody was buying?I'm not knocking the car, and if you have an srt6, I think that's cool, especially if you enjoy the look of it. But it's not a car that most people find beautiful.[/quote]He is Shallow Hal for cars.. he thinks his crossfire is beautiful. Don't burst his bubble.
[/quote]

Originally Posted by unison21' timestamp='1328739019' post='21396957
[quote name='bloodzombie' timestamp='1328734882' post='21396727'][quote name='SpudRacer' timestamp='1328733442' post='21396631'][quote name='han racer' timestamp='1328668825' post='21393960']Dear God man, I respect opinions but don't delude yourself into thinking that anyone shares your sentiment regarding a Crossfire being a better looking car than the NSX concept... I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you are in the overwhelming minority with this opinion. "Classic flowing curves"? Not at all, it looks like a dog thats taking a shit. I don't post much, but sometimes I feel like I just need to slap people back into reality here..I mean really.
So.....what are you saying? What I'm hearing is that while a 51% majority of the car buying public would clearly choose the overly busy looking NSX, there is a minority 49% who would choose the more sophisticated look of a Crossfire. That sounds about right based on my experience.And the rules don't allow you to steal material from tall flabby Englishmen with huge floppy jowls who can't even fit in a sports car let alone judge a beauty contest. However, as long as you've chosen to shamelessly stick your hand in that sticky, lint filled pocket, what sort of dog are we talking about? Greyhound or Basset Hound? Old or young? Male or female? Three legs or four?
Where are you getting 51%? I think 95% would choose the NSX over the Crossfire. The Crossfire is the only car that I ever thought looked dated the SECOND time I saw one. The first time it took me by surprise as it went past and I thought it looked cool, then the second time I got a better look and hated the lines on the hood and the lame chrysler grill. Weren't they selling at a deep discount at the end of their run because nobody was buying?I'm not knocking the car, and if you have an srt6, I think that's cool, especially if you enjoy the look of it. But it's not a car that most people find beautiful.[/quote]He is Shallow Hal for cars.. he thinks his crossfire is beautiful. Don't burst his bubble.[/quote]Ummmm.....I would be the opposite of Shallow Hal brainiac since I love the ugly duckling that the rest of tasteless clods are unable to appreciate. While you on the other hand care only about the flashy overwrought outer wrapper without looking for the inner beauty. That makes you Shallow Hal. Please read up on the concept of similes and metaphors and try again. Californians!
[/quote]

Originally Posted by s2kpdx01
Originally Posted by SpudRacer' timestamp='1328748008' post='21397346
not sure if serious. he was referencing the movie shallow hal where the guy sees ugly girls as hot.... he's saying you see the crossfire as good looking when most think it's ugly....

Quick Reply: NSX Unveiling in 4 Hours