Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

NSX Unveiling in 4 Hours

Old 01-12-2012, 05:06 PM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

I didn't say you did but you quoted Gigdy saying that it was a successor to the CRX so I was responding to the entire commentary you quoted.

Elistan mentioned the Chief Engineer stating that it wasn't a replacement for the CRX and he was interviewed multiple times, as were John Mendel and the Honda CEO at the time. All of those interviews made it clear that the CR-Z was not the CRX for 2011. That's "painfully clear" enough for me (they didn't say "No comment", they said, "Definitely not" or "No, it wasn't our intention or target").
Old 01-12-2012, 05:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And they also displayed the car and or its specs along wih the crx at some point in ime as pointed out by Saki as well I believe. But fair enough.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:39 PM

Received 148 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Back-cracker
You are still on this site? and still have your car?!?!

Congrats, If you PM me, I will give you the Best NSX Mechanic in South OC and have him do a Pre-P-Inspection for you. (for a small fee)
(He's only open Monday-Friday)

If you want to pay extra, I can have someone measure the paint of that NSX and let you know if that NSX has been repainted or sprayed. Both Paint Guy and NSX mechanic are located in Laguna Niguel.

Are you a doctor yet?!
still have the car - just like you. But still on my first car.
Will talk to the seller first to come to a price before the PPI.
paint eh? Will consider
yeah, have been a doctor for a while now
Old 01-13-2012, 12:20 AM
Banned

Even IF the CR-Z were the successor of the CRX (not that it is), it's still superior to the CRX in every way, except "modability", which is not a real word. The CR-Z is not that bad compared to its competitors; it's not a sports car.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think it beats the crx in mpg; especially the HF.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by whiteflash
I don't think it beats the crx in mpg; especially the HF.
It doesn't even beat the Si, but I will concede that the EPA has changed their testing procedures a few times since 1988-1991.

I wanted a CR-Z, was actually considering one before I bought my S2000. ...but when I drove it, I was completely underwhelmed. I saw no reason in buying a car for $20K and then having to spend another $3-4K to fix Hondas oversights when I could just go buy a car that already had what I was looking for straight from the factory, my '02 S2K.

Had Honda spent a little more time refining the steering and shifter feel and had I not enjoyed driving the Miata I had before my S2K, you guys would have been saved from my presence on S2Ki.

Sadly, you are stuck with me for the time being.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:44 AM

Received 419 Likes on 240 Posts

Ok you are all right about whatever you are bitching about. So the CR-Z is a "sporty hybrid" And the nsx will be a "supercary hybrid". So my point still stands, based on prior performance the future is dim.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:50 AM

I share Gigdy's pessimism.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:08 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Steponme
Even IF the CR-Z were the successor of the CRX (not that it is), it's still superior to the CRX in every way, except "modability", which is not a real word. The CR-Z is not that bad compared to its competitors; it's not a sports car.
How did you come to that conclusion? Because it has airbags and the CRX did not?

The CR-Z weighs over 500 lbs more than the CRX Si and has only 12 more horsepower. The Si would run circles around the CR-Z on a track. In what ways exactly is the CR-Z superior? Navigation and air bags? I'm struggling here.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:01 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

Try crashing a CRX and see if anything is left but a mangled piece of metal. The CR-Z is heavier, in most part, due to crash regulations. Safety additions to cars are huge these days, adding significant weight.

As far as running circles around a CR-Z, Grassroots Motorsports did a test and the lap times were consistently within 0.03s (!!) of each other, on average, over the course of the day (41.73s for CRX vs 41.76s for CR-Z). That was with the CRX Si vs the CR-Z with 6MT. So no, it wouldn't run circles around the CR-Z... They averaged 38 mpg in the CR-Z INCLUDING the thrashing on the track.

More tellingly, the CRX Si had Falken Azenis which are significantly stickier than its (and the CR-Z's) stock rubber. Take those away and....it loses to the CR-Z.

Quick Reply: NSX Unveiling in 4 Hours