Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

NSX Unveiling in 4 Hours

Old 01-11-2012, 07:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr.E.G.
Originally Posted by sparrow' timestamp='1326295519' post='21306474
[quote name='Mr.E.G.' timestamp='1326257312' post='21305440']
[quote name='sparrow' timestamp='1326200762' post='21302487']
[quote name='Mr.E.G.' timestamp='1326165324' post='21301615']
[quote name='wrecked' timestamp='1326148084' post='21300805']
Still think they should have just released a slightly toned down street version of the HSV as the new NSX. None of this hybrid/ auto shit.

Do you guys not realize that this is some ricer's wet dream that was never going to happen? You might as well post a picture of a space shuttle.
Oh boy
[/quote]

Care to elaborate?
[/quote]
Sure. The HSV racecar was derived directly from production ready chassis' (from the cancelled "nsx successor" program) developed by Honda which is required by Super GT. Although the front and rear strutcure can be modified with the use of tube-frame clips the central chassis/cockpit remains the same. The car must also look similar to its road going variant. We can debate what is considered production ready, we can debate what is considered similar. We saw all the camo'd vehicles on "the ring" after the stretched s2000 mule. With an open mind this is not evidence and conjecture at best but is it really hard to believe the camo'd vehicles are related to the HSV? Acura/Honda had no other GT coupe at the time IIRC. The image posted is admittedly an artist's rendering based on the racecar which in no way should be taken as fact that the car would have looked identical to the image. But it would be a Reed Richards stretch to claim "you could post the space shuttle" as an argument. If you're point is to say that there was no production road going variant then say that. I could look at a GTR and the Super GT GTR and see that they are indeed similar in the same way this artists rendering is similar. That goes for every vehicle on the grid, theres no question as to what they are derived from. This is the reverse. A wet dream and space shuttle would indicate that there was no tangible evidence from which the artist drew inspiration. Hence my eyeroll as I believed your post to be outlandish.
[/quote]

It's adorable that you feel the need to over exaggerate what you read into my rather obvious commentary. The rendering in question is a cartoonish exaggeration at best. It sits too low, the wheels are too big, the hoodline too low, etc. for it to be an even remotely credible possibility that the road car could look that way, all because the artist left the car far too similar to the race version, hence ricer's wet dream.

I was most certainly not suggesting that they never built HSV prototypes or that the Super GT version was not based on said prototypes. But what you see here clearly shares too many race car features for it to be taken seriously as an example of what the production version would have looked like. My commentary said nothing regarding the HSV. I was simply point out that all of the people who are quick with the "ZOMG! They should build a car that looks like this,"[insert played out rendering] are doing a lot of typing but not really saying anything because it would never have looked as svelte, aggressive, or race-car-like as the rendering depicts. Then I added a little hyperbole with the space shuttle comment.

Seriously, Sparrow. You're just pissing in the wind here. It was obvious that I was not implying half of the things that you're arguing against. Sparrow, meet straw man. Sraw man, meet Sparrow. Oh, I see you've met already.
[/quote]
Lol seriously EG why are you so upset? Not once did I state the rendering would be identical, I believe the word I used was similar and stated that what is considered similar could be debated. The original poster I believe even said "a toned down version". I read that as a toned down version of the image posted which would then parallel your statement of this rendering sharing too many racecar-like features/aggressiveness. You asked me to elaborate on why I rolled my eyes and it was b/c I believed your statement to be outlandish.

I know you know about the HSV there were a billion threads on it and you're a regular in this forum. I simply explained my position in full with rhetorical questions (the correlation between camo'd vehicles and hsv) but apparently that is frowned upon and considered an overexaggeration to you when my intention was for you to understand my position. I stand by my statement that your hyperbole was outlandish and gave my reasoning as to why. I even asked directly if your point was to say that there was no roadgoing vehicle so I could understand your position. For once I was being civilized yet it appears that you were just champing at the bit to respond aggressively given the condescending nature of your post. If you thought I was being condescending in my inital explanation you are sadly mistaken.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

he mad
Old 01-11-2012, 10:05 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Saki GT
How many concept NSX replacements have we seen from Honda at this point? Five?
Yeah, five, depending on how you want to count them. See post #95 for pictures.

NSX variations:
A) NA1
B) NA2
1) HSC
2) ASCC
3) ASCC with S2000 bodywork
4) HSV with camo
5) NSX Concept

(Numbers 2, 3 and 4 could possible be the same car with different bodywork.)
Old 01-11-2012, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 2014 Acura Duke Nukem Forever
Old 01-11-2012, 10:09 AM

Received 118 Likes on 68 Posts

Really, do I sound that mad in my post? I honestly didn't think it came across that way. I legitimately apologize if it did. To quote Murderface, "I'm just being a little dick, is all."

Seriously though, I thought your argument seemed kind of lame, Sparrow. You were reading waaaaay too much into what I was saying and it felt like a tactic to give yourself something to argue against that I never stated in the first place. Perhaps I jumped the gun in assuming that you were deliberately taking my words out of context (or more specifically, that you seemed to be implying that I was stating more than I was), but that's sort of par for the course around here, albeit not what I expect from you.

I do, however, expect a certain amount of ball busting from you so I am certainly surprised that you were so offended by me breaking your balls. My blood pressure never changed; sorry it appeared otherwise.

Back to the topic at hand, I stand by the spirit of my original statements that that particular rendering is neat looking and all but it is largely inapplicable when comparing such an unrealistic and ultra-hardcore. Therefore, when people are chastising the design of current NSX and saying that Honda should have built the HSC and they use that rendering to support their position, I say that's useless conjecture because the HSC never would have looked like that. It is only remotely similar. The same arguments supported with more realistic renderings would not have elicited any such response from me. You see what I mean?
Old 01-11-2012, 10:40 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Things I've learned so far from this thread:

1. I can't afford the new NSX
2. I wouldn't buy it if I could
3. People need to learn how to edit their quotes down to the most recent statement made so they don't take up half the f@#king page.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:04 AM

Received 281 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Back-cracker
Originally Posted by dombey' timestamp='1326252929' post='21305265
[quote name='Back-cracker' timestamp='1326243697' post='21304815']
I love how everyone is arguing over nothing. No solid data is released. Can't argue speculation.

and if we had solid data, assuming the car is 100K: (after tax)(which I highly doubt) 2005 NSX is already 89,000.00

10K down, 4.99% for 5 years: 1,700.00/month
20K down, 4.99% for 5 years: 1,600
30K down, 4.99% for 5 years: 1,320
40K down, 4.99% for 5 years: 1,140
50K down, 4.99% for 5 years: 950.00
60K down, 4.99% for 5 years: 750.00
70K down, 4.99% for 5 years: 550.00

90% 0f the members posts on this thread will not be able to QUALIFY for this car.
People that buy cars like this, I'm afraid, don't think about the price in terms of monthly payments...

I was trying to prove a point, that there shouldn't be so many arguments b/c 90% of these members won't be able to afford it.

Now if this conversation is on NSXPRIME, that's different b/c they own an NSX, and waiting for an upgrade or an add-on to their garage.
[/quote]

So now people that paid $30-60k for their NSXs can all of a sudden plop down $150k for this new "NSX"? Sure thing.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr.E.G.
Really, do I sound that mad in my post? I honestly didn't think it came across that way. I legitimately apologize if it did. To quote Murderface, "I'm just being a little dick, is all."

Seriously though, I thought your argument seemed kind of lame, Sparrow. You were reading waaaaay too much into what I was saying and it felt like a tactic to give yourself something to argue against that I never stated in the first place. Perhaps I jumped the gun in assuming that you were deliberately taking my words out of context (or more specifically, that you seemed to be implying that I was stating more than I was), but that's sort of par for the course around here, albeit not what I expect from you.

I do, however, expect a certain amount of ball busting from you so I am certainly surprised that you were so offended by me breaking your balls. My blood pressure never changed; sorry it appeared otherwise.

Back to the topic at hand, I stand by the spirit of my original statements that that particular rendering is neat looking and all but it is largely inapplicable when comparing such an unrealistic and ultra-hardcore. Therefore, when people are chastising the design of current NSX and saying that Honda should have built the HSC and they use that rendering to support their position, I say that's useless conjecture because the HSC never would have looked like that. It is only remotely similar. The same arguments supported with more realistic renderings would not have elicited any such response from me. You see what I mean?
I have a new year resolution to not come off as an asshole and be confrontational. Trust me I miss it.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k
Originally Posted by Back-cracker' timestamp='1326261627' post='21305566
[quote name='dombey' timestamp='1326252929' post='21305265']
[quote name='Back-cracker' timestamp='1326243697' post='21304815']
I love how everyone is arguing over nothing. No solid data is released. Can't argue speculation.

and if we had solid data, assuming the car is 100K: (after tax)(which I highly doubt) 2005 NSX is already 89,000.00

10K down, 4.99% for 5 years: 1,700.00/month
20K down, 4.99% for 5 years: 1,600
30K down, 4.99% for 5 years: 1,320
40K down, 4.99% for 5 years: 1,140
50K down, 4.99% for 5 years: 950.00
60K down, 4.99% for 5 years: 750.00
70K down, 4.99% for 5 years: 550.00

90% 0f the members posts on this thread will not be able to QUALIFY for this car.
People that buy cars like this, I'm afraid, don't think about the price in terms of monthly payments...

I was trying to prove a point, that there shouldn't be so many arguments b/c 90% of these members won't be able to afford it.

Now if this conversation is on NSXPRIME, that's different b/c they own an NSX, and waiting for an upgrade or an add-on to their garage.
[/quote]

So now people that paid $30-60k for their NSXs can all of a sudden plop down $150k for this new "NSX"? Sure thing.
[/quote]

First of all, you don't know how much this new NSX is going to cost. We are "assuming" 150K in YEN not USD. We are assuming "100K" in USD. The dollar is much weaker.

People who own this car currently can plop 2,500.00 for a clutch change, 4000.00 for a TB/WP,Seals and 100K for this car. Any decent 1991 can fetch 23-30K, add 10-20K cash, and now you have a 50K financed car @ 950.00 a month. Any 1998-2005 can fetch 35-60K + 20-25K cash, and now you are down to 550.00/month (so on and so on) A Zarnadi just sold 2 weeks ago for 85,000.00. Just like a condo to a townhome to a single detach, you slowly climb.

I don't mean to be a snot or make assumptions, but 80% of NSX owners got the cash. You dont buy a car if you can't afford 7,000.00 right off the bat maintenance. I haven't even talked about the old cats, hoses, and refurbishing items such as an AC (3000.00), Window Regulators (800.00), Radio and Climate control, and ABS issues (4000.00)

Obtaining a loan to buy an 21 year old car (91-2000), is VERY difficult. Many institution only allows to finance a 8 year old car. They dont want to assume the risk and liability if the car craps out and you drop the keys off or repo. Most pay with cash, and some financed. (small banks, some CU)

As a matter of fact, jump to PRIME. One member has just put a deposit down.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Back-cracker
As a matter of fact, jump to PRIME. One member has just put a deposit down.

Put a deposit done on a car that doesn't even exist for consumers yet, never mind 3 years from now? Sounds like internet arm chair talk.

Quick Reply: NSX Unveiling in 4 Hours