Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

NSX?

Old 09-06-2004, 09:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phoenix9999,Sep 6 2004, 09:33 AM
It has to blow the competition out of the water, for less money, in order to be taken seriously.

the NSX is now a blight on Honda Motor Co.
You know, given that the car's apparently a blight on Acura's reputation, don't you think it's surprising how many people on this thread are defending the car, myself included? Don't tell anyone, but it would appear that it's still doing its job as a halo car fifteen years later -- maybe not as well as it did when new, but doing it nonetheless.

Steve
Old 09-06-2004, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=PedalFaster,Sep 6 2004, 05:03 PM] You know, given that the car's apparently a blight on Acura's reputation, don't you think it's surprising how many people on this thread are defending the car, myself included?
Old 09-06-2004, 09:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phoenix9999,Sep 6 2004, 10:24 AM
So you're saying that the car is successful because five or ten people on a Honda-biased Internet messageboard are defending it?
Yup, just like you're saying the car is unsuccessful because one person on an internet web forum is attacking it. Looks like we've got you outnumbered.

Steve
Old 09-06-2004, 10:16 AM

Yes, the NSX is terribly ugly and dated. Look at it side by side with the C6 Vette.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40102

It's so ugly and dated that it bears a great deal of similarity to the new vette, only less bloated.
Old 09-06-2004, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by PedalFaster,Sep 6 2004, 05:39 PM
Yup, just like you're saying the car is unsuccessful because one person on an internet web forum is attacking it. Looks like we've got you outnumbered.

Steve
Touche.
Old 09-06-2004, 05:43 PM

i would still love to own NSX
Old 09-06-2004, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by wctsao,Sep 6 2004, 07:31 AM
I agree the NSX is long in the tooth and do wish they replace it with an HSC. I'm guessing that they just don't have the engine to be competitive.
Honda doesn't have an engine that can compete. Honda needs a V8, bad. I don't understand why Honda won't build a V8 family. They need to sh*t or get off the pot - either go FI or build a V8 or make that V6 scream to 11k RPM or something. 1st Gen VTEC in a V6?? I've got that in my minivan. Acura can't compete in the real luxury class without a V8, Honda can't compete in the real truck market without a V8, Acura can't compete in the mid/upper sportscar market without a V8 (or an equivalent current tech powerplant). Imagine the NSX with a 3.5L 10k RPM Honda V8. Build it and they will come.

I respect the NSX for what it was, I'd love to have one. I'd also love to have a ZR-1, Lotus Espirit (4-cyl and V8), Pantera, etc. But none of those cars are competitive in the new car market today.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:10 PM

NSX's suck

btw, did anybody watch this week's MOTORWEEK. The C6's #'s were 0-60 in 4.8 with 1/4 mile in 13.4 secs. Hmmm, sounds vaguely familiar.
Old 09-07-2004, 02:59 AM

To me, the NSX has been the only true exotic to come out of Japan and represents Honda's F1 pedigree. That alone is worth the price of admission. People who don't "get it" never will and that's too bad. For loyal Honda fans such as myself who have followed Honda's motorsports history and in particular, F1, the NSX represents alot. Add to the fact that Ayrton Senna helped tune the suspension and you've got a car that is still an awe-inspiring performer. Admittedly, it may be outdated in certain areas, but even with these deficiencies, the NSX still holds it own with plenty of the new exotics out there and is still a worthy supercar in all respects. I for one am waiting for the day when I can have one of those beauties in my garage. Since all the hoopla surrounding its release back in 1990, it's always been one of my ultimate dream cars.
Old 09-07-2004, 04:41 AM

I noticed two posts about the NSX still only having 1st generation VTEC. Are there any V6 engines that Honda makes on production cars that have anything but VTEC? Even the new RL only has VTEC. I haven't seen Honda produce a true i-VTEC V6 engine in a production vehicle yet. I don't know if there's a technological limitation or if Honda just doesn't see the benefit for the V6s. The new Honda Oddysey and Accord Hybrid has a V6 i-VTEC engine, but the i-VTEC in this case represents the ability to do cylinder shut-off, not the same i-VTEC found in the RSX. I wish Honda would have added i-VTEC onto the new 2.2L engine they put into the S2000 ... but its still just VTEC too!

Quick Reply: NSX?