Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Nissan Pathfinder Armada

Old 11-13-2003, 06:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Toyota can't hold a candle to Nissan?? HAHAHAHAHAHahaha, lets not be ridiculous here. Nissan cannot hold a candle to Toyota in terms of durability and dependability. Nissans also are crap for resale which is partially due to the lackluster build quality of their vehicles. Any automaker can make an oversized, gas guzzling, ugly looking SUV like the Armada, but I think we have enough stinkin SUV's on our traffic clogged freeways!!! And who here actually takes their SUV off road or hauls more than one or two people?? I am so sick of this garbage, I wish they would pass that bill limiting or completely stopping production of these useless status symbol behemoths.
Old 11-13-2003, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a 00 pathfinder. the quality isnt as good as my 98 honda crv. nissan engines are great but the VG33E could still use some more power.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:26 AM

Hey DouglaS2000,

I don't know about stopping the production of SUVs, but Senate Bill 1645 is in committee and it will stop the domestic production and importation of 2 seat sports cars. The big two and Ford are fighting it. Stay tuned!!
Old 11-14-2003, 04:03 PM

Saw several Armadas and Titans at SEMA all tricked out and I think they look awesome. I'd definately ge tone if I was in the market.
Old 11-15-2003, 07:13 AM

DouglaS2000, opinions vary!

The Tacoma is tiny compared to a Frontier
The Tundra is not a full size truck, yet they try to sell it that way
The 4Runner is a great vehicle, don't get me wrong
The Sequoia is also a good vehicle, but small for a full size SUV

It is easy for people to judge Nissan for what they once were, but it is a new world since Renault dumped a ton of money into the company and provided some good leadership.

When the Tundra can tow 9,400 pounds give me a call. Until then, Toyota can't hold a candle to the new wave of Nissan trucks.

I'm in the market for a truck. My first Nissan SE-V6 4x4 had 268,000 miles on it the last time I saw it, I sold it when it had 188,000. My '95 XE-V6 4x4 has 120,000 miles and I have no concerns about it's future. I looked at the Tundra, but if you are in the market for a full size truck you can not really take that thing seriously, too small! And trust me, some of us use our trucks, and I mean off road, through the woods, up the trails, the whole nine yards, but then again, I live in the country...
Old 11-15-2003, 05:05 PM

I dunno, if I really needed full size truck or SUV, I'd get a Chevrolet or Dodge. Just not a fan of Nissans styling nor the build quality. Now I know the domestics aren't that great in that department either, but I still prefer it to Nissan.

And I am aware that Nissan has changed but the excessive cost cutting has caused build quality to go down somewhat imo. Just looking inside the Xterra and the Frontier pickup, all it reminds me of is a disposable rental vehicle, no real design. Actually, I notice that the whole Nissan line just lacks something. The parts that are used for the interior and exterior just don't look as high quality or durable as a Toyota or Honda. Fit and finish leaves something to be desired.

And as you can tell, I am anti-suv. In your case, you actually might use it for what it's intended for. But here in California, most SUV's are driven by small women hauling themselves and a cup of latte to the supermarket or to the mall. Seems like a total waste of resources and it clogs up our highway system.
Old 11-16-2003, 07:28 AM

Great, another huge metal ass I won't be able to see around.

More power to you folks who actually use these things offroad and tow boats and sportscars and such. I just wish they weren't so popular among young people hauling coffee in Los Angeles.
Old 11-16-2003, 07:47 PM

I test drove Armada wanting to love it, but it is a no sale for me;
excessively heavy steering(can't live with), bland engine noise and power wasn't all that. ergonomics fairly good, sightline is minivan like in that hood slopes away and can't be seen, which i liked. Tried Dodge RAM quad cab right after and is actually a better drive and impressive and would get if wasn't 2.5 feet longer than my Tahoe, check one out before you get the titan and judge for yourself.

Otherwise, consider Tundra with TRD Supercharger(only tows 6500# without it)
Old 11-17-2003, 06:15 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DouglaS2000
I dunno, if I really needed full size truck or SUV, I'd get a Chevrolet or Dodge.
Old 11-17-2003, 05:44 PM

I too think the S10 is complete garbage as is the Dodge Dakota, but I was thinking full size trucks, not the minitrucks. I am a big fan of the Silverado and for the most part, I don't think it can ever be associated with their smaller S10 sibling which seem to be built to a lower quality standard. My grandfather had a 1967 Chevy fullsize pickup and it ran great on the original motor for over 200k miles and it was used daily hauling around heavy lawnmowers. I've known several people who own Chevy full size pickups and have had no problems. Can't say that much about the S10 trucks for some reason.

Quick Reply: Nissan Pathfinder Armada