Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

New Wheels

Old 10-08-2009, 10:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

stance and wheel design are perfect IMO but for some reason they look too small for the car. maybe 20's in the rear would look better?
Old 10-08-2009, 10:59 AM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Yeah, it's because the doors and fenders are so tall. The case with many new cars now unfortunately.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by curiouz_G,Oct 8 2009, 10:57 AM
stance and wheel design are perfect IMO but for some reason they look too small for the car. maybe 20's in the rear would look better?
Yeah I was thinking about it but I don't think these come in 20's. The reason why they look so small is because of the step lip, which makes the face actually 18"'s across opposed to volk SF-winnings or the work vs-xx they have a 1 level lip so the face can stretch out all the way across the wheel. I think the step lip is what makes LM's .. well LM's. lol (even though mine are the knock offs, oh well.)

Wheel sizes are

19x8.5 +38 and 19x10 +42 rear

Thanks for the compliments guys! I'll add some more pics in a bit.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:34 PM

[QUOTE=KonaMan,Oct 8 2009, 02:11 AM] Another highly intelligent s2k owner!!! Wheels look great.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:55 PM

new pics added
Old 10-09-2009, 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by y2ks2k,Oct 8 2009, 06:34 PM
God, where were you in 07 around here when it was me vs 25 BWM owners ripping on my IS350.
Lurking and laughing... first, I suspect more than half of those "BMW owners" didn't own BMW's... the others were, not that there's anything wrong with it... brand loyalists who will stand by their brand no matter what... Fact is the IS is a great all around car that might give up a few tenths to a BEEMER on the track but, in the real world, it's simply a matter of preference and real world, day to day performance.

I prefer a car with a bullet proof drive line that goes quick, stops quicker... it has to be comfortable (Back seating room? Who cares, I don't siit in the back seat)and eat up gobs of interstate miles all day long at hyperlegal speeds and oh yeah, it has to be an infrequent flyer at my local dealer's service department... for me, the 350 fits the bill perfectly.

My personal experinece and the experience of my pals who like cars from the father land bares out the fact that people who own BMW's, Audi's, and other German cars are on a first name basis with their service advisor and rack up more annual miles in loaner cars than those of us who drive Hondas and Toyotas. (My last dance with a German marque was an A4... what a pain in the arase car... tripped a service code like every other month... I was in a new TLS the day the AUDI's warranty was up, drove the hell out of the car and all I did was change fluids and filters and one round of breake pads the entire time I owned it)

BMW, Lexus, or whatever... it's all about preference, that's why Baskin Robbins makes all those different flavors of ice cream... at times I really wish it wasn't so but the fact is, the Japanese manufacturers have figured out how to cobble together pretty decent cars... I submit the 350 and S2k as exhibit A....

BMW=Break My Wallet
Old 10-09-2009, 07:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very tasteful... also glad to see that the new owner is taking care of your old car!
Old 10-09-2009, 10:50 AM

nice wheels! i've been looking at some lineas also.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:11 PM

Other than that IS-F blue color, white has gotta be the best color for an IS. Wheels look great as well, the BBS LeMans style is such a timeless design
Old 10-09-2009, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by KonaMan,Oct 9 2009, 02:05 AM
Lurking and laughing... first, I suspect more than half of those "BMW owners" didn't own BMW's... the others were, not that there's anything wrong with it... brand loyalists who will stand by their brand no matter what... Fact is the IS is a great all around car that might give up a few tenths to a BEEMER on the track but, in the real world, it's simply a matter of preference and real world, day to day performance.

I prefer a car with a bullet proof drive line that goes quick, stops quicker... it has to be comfortable (Back seating room? Who cares, I don't siit in the back seat)and eat up gobs of interstate miles all day long at hyperlegal speeds and oh yeah, it has to be an infrequent flyer at my local dealer's service department... for me, the 350 fits the bill perfectly.

My personal experinece and the experience of my pals who like cars from the father land bares out the fact that people who own BMW's, Audi's, and other German cars are on a first name basis with their service advisor and rack up more annual miles in loaner cars than those of us who drive Hondas and Toyotas. (My last dance with a German marque was an A4... what a pain in the arase car... tripped a service code like every other month... I was in a new TLS the day the AUDI's warranty was up, drove the hell out of the car and all I did was change fluids and filters and one round of breake pads the entire time I owned it)

BMW, Lexus, or whatever... it's all about preference, that's why Baskin Robbins makes all those different flavors of ice cream... at times I really wish it wasn't so but the fact is, the Japanese manufacturers have figured out how to cobble together pretty decent cars... I submit the 350 and S2k as exhibit A....

BMW=Break My Wallet
Do you have any idea how many BMW owners on the bimmer forums have actually owned S2000's? A LOT! I dont have to defend JDM there as you would expect. They don't prefer the BMW because of the few tenths on the street. They prefer it because it feels better all around. The brakes feel better, the steering is MUCH better, it sounds MUCH better, and it actually feels more balanced amongst a few things.

The IS looks classier, is more reliable, and has an interior that is fantastic. That's about it. There is an IS within spitting distance of me that I can drive.

y2ks2k has had problems with the BMW owners because he dosent know how to talk to people. Simple as that.

Quick Reply: New Wheels