Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

new roadster

Old 01-08-2005, 06:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its ok
Old 01-08-2005, 07:41 AM
Community Organizer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

The Saturn Sky is a classic example of what is called "Badge Engineering"
Old 01-08-2005, 08:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Friggin haters, shouldn't you guys ,as "car enthusiasts", welcome more and more cars like that to be build? I think that looks much better and more exciting then any recently designed SUV or lux sedan. I vote for Saturn, Pontiac, Dodge ........ to produce all of their latest studies, it'll bring only more people with same interests as me on the road and the auto-x. Blah................ whatever!!
Old 01-08-2005, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by rankoslavujevic,Jan 8 2005, 09:38 AM
Friggin haters, shouldn't you guys ,as "car enthusiasts", welcome more and more cars like that to be build?
I could not agree more. Almost no content in this thread so far -- just people complaining about how the car looks, or how it's not powerful enough for their refined tastes. Not a single comment about handling. Disappointing.

Steve
Old 01-08-2005, 11:03 AM

Hi

so let
Old 01-08-2005, 11:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Z06 sides are ugly IMO.

Not to stereotype but I will.....

Aren't most people who buy Saturns clueless?... j/k! I would think that the market for a Saturn roadster is pretty damn slim.

Let the begin!
Old 01-08-2005, 02:42 PM

I believe that the Sky is aesthetically appleasing car . The Front is agressive, and has a sporty appearance. the back, I am not a fan of, but hey whatever floats your boat.

From what I have started to notice from Saturn, is that they are trying to change the thought of people having to settle for ugly cars when they don't have a huge amount of money to spend on a vehicle.

IMO, seeing the Aura and the Sky, I would consider the Saturn line if I were only basing my choices on Aesthetics. The power may not be the best, but if somebody were on a budget, they look pretty good for their price.

Just my $.02

*edit*
I would think that the market for a Saturn roadster is pretty damn slim
I bet that the same was thought about Honda when the S2000 was released.
Old 01-08-2005, 03:42 PM

saturn is trying to move up market...isn't this an opel?
Old 01-08-2005, 03:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chaseabryant,Jan 8 2005, 03:42 PM
*edit* I bet that the same was thought about Honda when the S2000 was released.
Honda had already established a long and reputable market for reliable cars. They were do for a tuned sports car in the s2000. If I can call it a sports car.

Saturn on the other hand has been barely keeping there head above water with their business ethics that seemed like a good idea from the start but there product line from what I've seen has been ass!.....

I think that they have a lot more reputation to build before they try introducing a flagship car. If they keep it under $20,000 then yeah.......it's a good looking poorly performing car that might get a few bites.

It's like Hyundai coming out with a roadster in the mid 20k's.... No thank you!

Same with Volkswagen for that matter. They had a long string of POS cars. They promote one of the best warrantee's along with Hyundai......but it's because they HAVE TOO.......

JMHO.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:33 PM
Former Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Since this car shares it's platform with the Solstice we at least have some data to discuss. Almost universally the reports of Solstice test drives have been positive.

Also, as has been pointed out in this thread, Saturn has beens struggling and I think the Sky could be a solid first step towards repairing their battered reputation by bringing a solid car to market that can act as sort of a halo vehicle (albeit cheaper than the typical halo vehicle).

I, for one, welcome any affordable rear wheel drive sports car that wants to enter the market. This car should compete on pretty level footing with the upcoming next-generation Miata.

Quick Reply: new roadster