Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

New Hyundai Tiburon (Pics)

Old 03-18-2002, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by demonderrick

Japanese and Korean are different..!!
and no !! they won't be as good as toyota and honda, anytime...
well, at least not any time soon, and I won't expect that they will be as good in my life time..
only time korean car can beat japanese is when japanese products don't exist. japan is way ahead in technology than korea. heck their living standard and stuff are way better than ours. almost every person there have a cell phone... thats alot for a small island country. btw they caught up with us when we bombed them back to the middle ages back in ww2..
Old 03-18-2002, 10:03 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2000boi
[B]

only time korean car can beat japanese is when japanese products don't exist. japan is way ahead in technology than korea. heck their living standard and stuff are way better than ours. almost every person there have a cell phone... thats alot for a small island country.
Old 03-18-2002, 11:45 PM

Originally posted by AVXs2000

I have to disagree on that....

since before in the early 50s when Japanese automobile companies first start to made cars, everyone know Japanese automobile products were cheap and low tech and is only for the lower market. no one will thought that one day Japanese cars will surpass automobiles product made by British and American. But today we all know because many year of hard work, Japanese automobile had already surpass British, American, and even Germany in some area. this is for general, certainly there are special style and characters in British cars and American cars that Japanese automobiles don't have.

so why not Korean car companies catch up to Japanese, European, and American automobile industry after many year of hard work and study just like Japanese companies catch up and surpass European and American car companies.

I know for some people, Korean car companies still not able to produce high tech and attract cars today...yes, I agree their product is still depend on price tht cheaper than others to sell. but I have no doubt after 50 years from now, or mayber even sooner, Korean automobile companiese will become one of the major force in this industry just like Japanese car company today.

South Korean is also an industry country, maybe not as industry as Japan, but not too far away either.
From your post, it is not hard to tell that you should be a Korean..!!
However, what is the best thing about Japanese product?
Quality!! which is what Korea products don't have..!!
I mean, you have to be special at something to make it special/unique/good..!!
Which I haven't found it from Korea cars or whatever products that is made in Korea..!!
It is not impossible for Korean to build a good car.. just there isn't anything good thing about korean car yet..!! Don't tell me about cheap price with good warranty, that doesn't make a good car. Maybe after Korean is special at something, then, we will see..!! And, there is always a maybe..!! if Toyota buys Hyundai, then, I believe Hyundai will be good in 10~20 years....
Old 03-18-2002, 11:51 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by demonderrick
[B]

From your post, it is not hard to tell that you should be a Korean..!!
However, what is the best thing about Japanese product?
Old 03-19-2002, 12:06 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AVXs2000
[B]

no, I am not a Korean, I am a Cantonese.
Old 03-19-2002, 12:15 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Spoon Sport AP1
[B]You guys should take a look at these!!!

Old 03-19-2002, 07:13 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2000boi
[B]

only time korean car can beat japanese is when japanese products don't exist. japan is way ahead in technology than korea. heck their living standard and stuff are way better than ours. almost every person there have a cell phone... thats alot for a small island country.
Old 03-19-2002, 07:49 AM

Is it just me...or the front quarter shot of looks a lot like the 350Z?
Old 03-19-2002, 08:18 AM

I got to test drive the HKS V6 Hyundai when we were doing some suspension work for it here at my work. The HKS vehicle was equipped with a Super Mega Flow intake and a dual Hiper Exhaust.

We were surprised at the new styling of the Hyundai. The exterior was very aggressive and the leather interior and accents were quite nice for a car in this price range.

With the throttle pegged, the car ripped through first and second with massive torque steer but kind of tapped out at the higher rpm's. Very surprising! I almost forgot what driving a car with some torque felt like.

The car sat on stock 17 inch wheels wrapped with Michelin Pilot tires. Handling felt a bit sluggish and heavy but the tires were great.

In conclusion, the new Hyundai is "quick", not really that "fast". The V6 felt like it had gobs of torque but kind of fell off at the higher RPM's. I have driven the new Civic Si and personally like that car much better.

Has anyone seen the VeilSide kit for the previous gen Hyundai? It looks pretty crazy.

Brandon
S2 works
Old 03-19-2002, 08:56 AM

I think the back looks like a Celica. I would only buy a Korean car just for a daily driver and not worry about it. I don't think i would ever buy a korean car for its performance.

Quick Reply: New Hyundai Tiburon (Pics)