Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.
View Poll Results: How do you rate the looks of it
Good looking!
22.02%
Ok looking
55.05%
Ugly as hell!
22.94%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

The new Honda Fit

Old 04-04-2006, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Correct, the Fit has less power than the Civic. But it weights less too. The fastest 0-60 for a Civic 5MT I have seen was in 8.2 sec. Fastest for a Fit Sport 5MT I have seen was 0-60 in 8.7. So the difference isn't night and day. The traffic here can get quite bad anyways so it will matter even less to me.

So for some of us, the tradeoff of slower acceleration for more versatility is worth it. As a current hatch owner, I love how much more stuff can be crammed into the car. I was suprised by the things I could fit into my integra when I was in college; I know that the Fit will be mo better in that regards.

With respect to ride quality; the Fit front suspension is based off the 06 Civic. Of course the rear torsion beam isnt; but the reviews I have read portray the Fit as having ride quality much better than any of its subcompact peers.

With regards to Fit exterior looks; its all subjective. Just like the 06 Civic dash/ip; it's a love or hate thing.

If I had another utility vehicle besides the DD (like an SUV, minivan, or truck) then I probably would buy a Civic. But I cant afford two vehicles, so the Fit is the best next thing.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:20 PM

I haven't seen one in real life. But in photos the Fit looks terrible, a soul-less uninspired lump.

-Bob
Old 04-04-2006, 06:56 PM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by corey415,Apr 4 2006, 11:34 AM
Not all of us want a used car.

Heck, I drive a 95 Integra that my parents bought me and I am tired of the problems that are associated with driving an older car. I.e. ABS that doesnt work, paint that is heavily faded, leather seats that are hard as a rock and very uncomfortable,...

Some of us just want a new car, that we can afford. Maybe even that "new car" smell. What car in the Fit's price range offers 6 airbags, ABS with EBD, as well as great fuel economy, tons of versatility, and cheap maintenace? (chain driven timing belt).
There's a big difference between a slightly used car and an 11 year old car. If you just want a new car, you can't be faulted, but a young used car will have practically no problems, may have a warranty, and will look fine. I've seen 2004 Civic Sis for $15k - same basic shape as a Fit, but more of a driver's car.

OT, but look at this deal - http://cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?trac...ellerFirst=true

A little rice, but priced to sell, with mods!
Old 04-05-2006, 01:56 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, my wife may get one soon. In its segment, the Fit rocks but when compared to other cars, its a joke. I used to like the Fit much more, but now I don't know. From the profile side view, it looks like a cheap Aveo. I guess I would drive it only as a daily driver but I wouldn't be caught dead pulling up to a 5 star restaurant or going to South Beach in one.

OT: Has anyone seen the Fit forum? Fitfreaks.net. Its pretty funny there, even though they don't mean to be funny. People post shit like the Fit is as fast as an NSX, the Fit is a gas guzzler because it doesn't put out 60MPG, MSRP, even MSRP + $1,000 is a good price for the Fit, the Fit is a limited production car since Honda is only shipping 50,000 of them the first year and comparisons of the Fit's paddle shifters to the M3's SMG! Just yesterday a couple of them were bashing S2000 owners... "A lot of people who drive a sports car are more concerned with an impressive image in the first place. I don't think a happily married man (like myself) typically drives a car like the s2k. Its about impressing women. Its about impressing in general." Jealous fockers.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:25 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Stack,Apr 3 2006, 05:07 PM
Sorry, I'm of the mind that no such thing exists. Honestly, the urge to put performance mods on one of these miniminivans baffles me...why not start out with something meant to be fast?
I said tasteful body kit, not stage 3 race turbo package. I happen to like the sport body kit for the Fit, as well as the one on the Mugen Fit.

Of course, you have a right to your opinion, even if it's wrong.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by KungFu0nU,Apr 4 2006, 09:10 AM
Looks alot like the $9800.00 Chevy Aveo don't you think?

Sure does!

Do these cars really take a rear impact well? Looks like there is 6 inches betweeen the rear hatch and the rear bumper!
Old 04-05-2006, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by mav,Apr 5 2006, 01:56 AM
OT: Has anyone seen the Fit forum? Fitfreaks.net. Its pretty funny there, even though they don't mean to be funny. People post shit like the Fit is as fast as an NSX, the Fit is a gas guzzler because it doesn't put out 60MPG, MSRP, even MSRP + $1,000 is a good price for the Fit, the Fit is a limited production car since Honda is only shipping 50,000 of them the first year and comparisons of the Fit's paddle shifters to the M3's SMG! Just yesterday a couple of them were bashing S2000 owners... "A lot of people who drive a sports car are more concerned with an impressive image in the first place. I don't think a happily married man (like myself) typically drives a car like the s2k. Its about impressing women. Its about impressing in general." Jealous fockers.
Some people are just straight silly. Ignorance is bliss as they say , but ask any fit freak if they would trade cars for a day and they would do a flip!

Old 04-05-2006, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by mav,Apr 5 2006, 09:56 AM
Haha, dude fitfreak.net has its share of newbies, zealots, and trolls just like any other internet forum.

And with regards to s2000 bashing, you presented primarily the criticisms of the Fit from this s2ki thread in the fitfreak.net thread; so naturally you will get defensive responses back.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:19 PM

I predict when gas hits about $4 or $5 dollars a gallon this little Honda will look WAY more attractive to those that are not interested in it now!
I think I heard somewhere that they want to make a Hybrid version of this car and if they do my girlfriend will seriously consider one if it achieves the mileage of the smaller motor Canadian Jazz of 38 city 49 hwy. I think before it is over everybody is gonna need a fuel efficient daily driver and save the fun toys like the S2k for weekends only .
Judging from the reviews of the new Fit it seems it may have the cheap,fun, and fuel efficient down just as good as the Civic . I predict they will sell a lot of them.
So what if it looks a little like the Aveo the car underneath is in a whole other league.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:55 PM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by corey415,Apr 5 2006, 07:15 AM
Haha, dude fitfreak.net has its share of newbies, zealots, and trolls just like any other internet forum.

And with regards to s2000 bashing, you presented primarily the criticisms of the Fit from this s2ki thread in the fitfreak.net thread; so naturally you will get defensive responses back.
Yeah, thanks a lot for outting me over there, Mav, now I'm going to have a whole bunch of angry nerds mad at me...what if I have to work for them, or need my computer fixed or something???

Quick Reply: The new Honda Fit