Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

new GTR is a rat!

Old 02-01-2008, 05:36 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Onehots2k,Feb 1 2008, 09:34 AM
Somebody smoke this fool!!
That is the GTR Compton Edition. It comes without windows for ez drive-bys.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, we all knew this was coming. Next will be cars that automatically report to law enforcement agencies when you break the speed limit. ODB-3 will be the death of fun.

Electronic nannying aside, the GT-R still kicks ass. From an engineering and maintenance standpoint, I don't blame Nissan at all for making the GT-R smart enough to know when it's about to be put through the ringer.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by wildcardtrd,Feb 1 2008, 06:38 AM
Well, we all knew this was coming. Next will be cars that automatically report to law enforcement agencies when you break the speed limit. ODB-3 will be the death of fun.

Electronic nannying aside, the GT-R still kicks ass. From an engineering and maintenance standpoint, I don't blame Nissan at all for making the GT-R smart enough to know when it's about to be put through the ringer.
I agree with you Nate. BUT, people buy this car to put it through the ringer. Does Porsche go to the same extremes when you buy the GT3 or the like??
Old 02-01-2008, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by Onehots2k,Feb 1 2008, 10:49 AM
I agree with you Nate. BUT, people buy this car to put it through the ringer. Does Porsche go to the same extremes when you buy the GT3 or the like??
not yet...but you better believe that the change is in the wind, even for P-car owners.

If I were Nissan, I would sell a special warranty plan that does include light track use...I wouldn't put it past them to offer it with the spec-V if/when it comes out.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by wildcardtrd,Feb 1 2008, 07:05 AM
not yet...but you better believe that the change is in the wind, even for P-car owners.

If I were Nissan, I would sell a special warranty plan that does include light track use...I wouldn't put it past them to offer it with the spec-V if/when it comes out.
I doubt it. Porsche sells cars that are highly capable. They WANT you to take it to the track. Unlike Nissan. I dont see them stopping you from tracking their cars in the near future. Is Nissan afraid their new technology is fragile. I mean this car is VERY VERY complex. Every thread has people saying they cant wait to track it or see one at the track. Besides an oil change, what would one do if one of those dozens of systems goes to hell. I guess cut a BIG FAT CHECK to Nissan Motor Co.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:38 AM

Oh noooooo the HORRORS!!!!

That is some shit! Will the U.S. Spec have this?
Old 02-01-2008, 06:51 AM

I hear that the new vettes, have a voice that says, "is that all you got?"

Old 02-01-2008, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Onehots2k,Feb 1 2008, 11:09 AM
I doubt it. Porsche sells cars that are highly capable. They WANT you to take it to the track. Unlike Nissan. I dont see them stopping you from tracking their cars in the near future. Is Nissan afraid their new technology is fragile. I mean this car is VERY VERY complex. Every thread has people saying they cant wait to track it or see one at the track. Besides an oil change, what would one do if one of those dozens of systems goes to hell. I guess cut a BIG FAT CHECK to Nissan Motor Co.
It won't be too long before the big aftermarket companies crack the GT-R computer and have their way with it, either scrambling the GPS signal or disabling it for track use.

Besides, I think that the first major lawsuit that develops from Nissan voiding someone's warranty on a component that broke but was unrelated to any track "abuse" will pretty much negate this nanny back to nothing more than a nagging bark with no bite. Remember, the manufacturer needs to prove beyond reasonable doubt that you or your aftermarket components caused the malfunction. They are bound by law to honor your warranty otherwise...at least here in the states. Things may be different in Japan.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:03 AM

you guys really think that all the "sat-link'ed" car with GPS CANT already do this. i bet that they can and do.

when i worked for Mits, it was amazing what info we could get from Evo's ecus, and their not the most techo car on the block by a long shot. cars have had "black boxes" for years. Mustangs are some of the first cars i remember logging highest peaks on RPM/speed.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:08 AM

oh, and reflashed to stock evos, we can see that too. flashing a ecu on any car is like popping its cherry. ecus arent just flashable stock, the have to have a program loaded on them to make them flashable. and even when you flash back to stock, we know it.

some of the techs, would see this, and depending on the customer, hed either keep it to himself of scream liike a stuck pig! you think its service that cancelled evo warrentys, it was grumpy techs.

Quick Reply: new GTR is a rat!