Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

This is the New GT-R

Old 10-04-2005, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This is the New GT-R

[QUOTE]
NISSAN AT THE TOKYO MOTOR SHOW 2005
Old 10-04-2005, 04:55 PM

That is a drawing, not an actual picture. I'll believe it when I see it
Old 10-04-2005, 04:56 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Old 10-04-2005, 05:05 PM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

That thing looks like absolute vomit. Looks like they took a different styling theme for every area of the car. Let's see:

Greenhouse: Lancia Stratos
Hood: Mercedes 300SL/230SLK
Grill: BMW/Pontiac
Front fenders: GM Autonomy Concept, and GM compact pickup rear fenders
Wheels: Lotus Elise

Why do they have to make it so complex with so many conflicting sharp edges? Why not a smooth, cohesive shape? Did the guys who designed the rounded nose talk to the guys who designed the angular fenders?

And the worst part is that I am gonna get the shit flamed out of me by all the JDM fanboys who think this car OwNz y0! even though it is the latest of a line of overweight, AWD inline-six pigs who had its lunch eaten by every 911 and Corvettte out there. And no, I don't care that your friend's cousin's brother's neighbor's dogcatcher's uncle had one he imported for $8trillion and dumped $72gazillion more into and then beat a Ferrari Enzo in a streetrace that the Ferrari driver didn't even know he was in.

Just cuz they sell it in Japan and not here doesn't automatically make it any good.

Sorry I got a little sensistive, but I am anticipating the flaming that is to come.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:19 PM

I have seen enough drawings, concepts, camouflaged testing thing.......where is the prototype of the actual production? No it is not a space ship, shouldn't take five six years to make one. If it is a hot selling car like Camry, would Nissan wait so long to make one? Enough is enough, give us the real GTR.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:23 PM

If they want to sell it here in the US they better make a design that can meet all our standards of crash tests.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Carrera GT not being sold in the US next year because of the crash ratings?
Old 10-04-2005, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by TwiBlueG35,Oct 4 2005, 05:19 PM
I have seen enough drawings, concepts, camouflaged testing thing.......where is the prototype of the actual production? No it is not a space ship, shouldn't take five six years to make one. If it is a hot selling car like Camry, would Nissan wait so long to make one? Enough is enough, give us the real GTR.
this is just a teaser before the Tokyo Motor Show in two weeks.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:36 PM

I'm going to say it again, Japanese cars are not that great looking. I think the Toyota 2000 GT is the peak of Japanese design. Since then they have either kept conservative and copied, or tried something new and went way over-board with goofy wings, body panels, and fixtures, damn just look at they way they dress when not in business clothes.

Sam
Old 10-04-2005, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Christople,Oct 4 2005, 05:23 PM
If they want to sell it here in the US they better make a design that can meet all our standards of crash tests.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Carrera GT not being sold in the US next year because of the crash ratings?
the issue is with airbags not the design of the car.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:52 PM

The 'Next GTR' is quite possibly the most conceptualized car in automobile history. If Duke Nukem Forever was a car, this would be it.

Quick Reply: This is the New GT-R